PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster LIES!

Monica
03-12-2005, 12:46 AM
http://www.blockbuster.com/homepages/displayPage.action?channel1=NoLateFees&nav=false

The End of Late Fees Terms

Membership rules apply for rentals. Rentals are due back at the date and time stated on the transaction receipt. There is no additional rental charge if a member keeps a rental item up to 7 days beyond the pre-paid rental period. After 7 days beyond the due date, Blockbuster will automatically convert the rental to a purchase on the 8th day and will charge the member the selling price for the item in effect at the time of the rental, minus the rental fee paid. Member then has 30 days to return the product and receive a credit for the selling price charged, less a $1.25 restocking fee. These terms available at participating stores only. Franchisee restocking fees may vary. See store or blockbuster.com for complete terms and conditions.

I have never rented from Blockbuster because the nearest one is 30 mins away but a friend on another MB posted this and I thought I should spread the word. That is horribly sneaky, and false advertizing on the comercial and way worse than a late fee! :O

Rainman
03-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Meh, I already new about the policy. It's still better than the former one which fined you a shit load of money for missing a couple days.

Ganon's Minion
03-12-2005, 03:26 AM
Yea I knew that. It sucks but, if you're only renting a game/video, take it back within an extra 7 days for crap's sake.

DsS Game
03-12-2005, 10:33 AM
I didnt know about that cause the blockbuster here didnt do that hence the saying "participating stores"

firebug
03-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Yea... All the Blockbusters up here refused to do that whole 'no late fees' thing. Kinda sucks I guess, although I've never really been too late anyways. :shrug:

ShadowTiger
03-12-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't use Blockbuster's services. I don't rent games, though I definitely should. All the videos I could ever want to see, are free from the local library.

But yes, it's a bit awkward to see a business lie like that. Of course, they won't call it lying. They'll make up some excuse like they always do. Anything to make a buck. :shrug:

Masamune
03-12-2005, 10:05 PM
It only takes me an hour or less to copy whatever I rented anyway. So I just take them back to the store the next day so I don't forget later. =o

Ganonator
03-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm not a big fan of national movie rental places, because they are always trying to get your money, and not provide a service. For instance, I have a local place in my hometown called PlayTime video, which rents any movie for $1 a night. I don't get that movie more than one night, but it's not a big deal. Games are the same (except last gen games, them're 50 cents a night ).

I can't believe people are paying this store $4 a night (some places are more) to see a movie I can buy at Target for $12. Yes, they rent some exotic titles, but I'll find them all at my local video store too.

I say everybody should just boycott blockbuster, and get either netflix or rent locally. Viacom can suck my ass.

Orion
03-12-2005, 11:37 PM
It's called fine print. Not a lie. You honestly think they would let you rent a movie without late fees? How many movies would honestly come back if that was the case?

I actually find nation-wide chains to be cheaper than the local independent ones. There is a conenience store around here that rents movies for like $2.65 a NIGHT! And charges you that every single day it is late. Its horrible.

moocow
03-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Meh, I already new about the policy. It's still better than the former one which fined you a shit load of money for missing a couple days.

I retruned a video game 8 hours late and they fined me out the ass. I still haven't paid it, but the letters threatening to turn me into creditors stopped... probably because they don't know my new address *shrug*

Dractrek
03-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Living in the South Wales Valleys,We dont get much in the way of big chains here,but must say,that I think the prices they pay for traded games stinks.I was offered £19 for three games the other week,took it to a local store and was offered £30.

goKi
03-14-2005, 07:00 AM
The prices anywhere offer for trade games aren't good. They want to make the big bucks on your well kept game. Good on them for sucking people into it.

Gerudo
03-14-2005, 03:11 PM
well, i use BB's game pass for what i need. ive kept a game like 3 months and nothing was said... my bro n sis use the movie pass.

shit, for 20 and 15 respectively, going back as often as you like, and keeping them as long as you want. sound good to me.

/commercial advertisement

Coder GT
03-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Lol, at least at libraries here your fine can't go past $10 on any late thing. Yes, there has to be some kind of rule to that rule or else you could rent something for years and return it and have no late fee.