PDA

View Full Version : DN needs a new avatar!

Dark Nation
03-11-2005, 01:59 PM
I am in the marked for a new avatar. Arthas has served me well for quite a while now (long than any of my previous avatars, I believe), but now it's time for him to retire. So, I need someone to find or create a new avatar for me. It would need to be in the same style as my previous ones (dark figure in a hooded cloak). The larger, the better (so I can edit it in the future if I need to).

What's in it for you? Not sure what the reward/prize would be, but I'm open to suggestions (as long as they don't involve money).

You can either post your submission in this thread, pm a link to me, or send me a pm asking for an e-mail address to send it to.

Thanks in advance!

git-r-done
03-11-2005, 02:30 PM
i'll look and post them here if i find some that i think u would like.

Dark Nation
03-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Also, I'd prefer it not be copyrighted to a major/well-known entity/company. For instance, Arthas belongs to Blizzard. The modified Poe I used to have belonged to Nintendo. I'd prefer it if my avatar doesn't have any ties of that sort (to ensure that I don't get in trouble for using the avatar elsewhere).

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-11-2005, 03:02 PM
So, you're leaving behind the old death knight in favor of something unfamous, am I reading this correctly? What are the constraints for custom avatars, anyway? Sounds like a fun challenge...

EDIT: Upon checking the ever useful User Control Panel, the constraints for custom avatars are "150x150 pixels, or 19.5k, whichever is smaller".

Dark Nation
03-11-2005, 03:28 PM
No real constraints other than what I already listed.

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Do you have an e-mail address where I could send one to you? I've got no accessible webspace at the moment (wherever my avatar is, I can't get there anymore), and there's no attaching of files on these forums.

punkonjunk1024
03-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Just PM him links, if you need image hosting -
www.photobucket.com

*b*
03-11-2005, 07:18 PM
there's always the option of emailing you my archives, and you can choose which one you want... then again, it might take hours to send. I probably have something you're looking for; I'll check

Ganon's Minion
03-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Nah not Arthas!!!!!! He did serve you well, DN. He truly did. *salutes* The Lich King would be proud.

DsS Game
03-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Ill see what I can do...