PDA

View Full Version : I'm back! and I got questions -- Hookshot

Ratticis
03-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Nobody here probably remembers me, I don't remember what my old username was, and I havn't done anything with Zelda Classic since version 1.84. At the time I was working on a ZC version of Super Mario RPG, but when my computer went *POP!* *SIZZLE!* and let out the smell of burnt wires, I couldn't be bothered to start from scratch all over again and lost a number of projects on a number of programs. Anyhoo, now i'm back and i see version 2.10 is out :D

I'm sure this has probably already been answered in here somewheres, but i'm to tired to look . . . tired meaning lazy. How would i go about setting up a tile that you couldn't walk through (resembeling a pit) or into, but if u had the hookshot you could shoot the dealy on the other side and pass over it?

DeFray
03-11-2005, 05:12 PM
If you mean what I think you mean, it's really easy. Look in your combo list for a "hookshot over" or "hookshot only" combo (I don't remember which it is because I'm too lazy to open up ZQuest). I think you can also hookshot over "ladder only" combos due to a bug.

Incidentally, 2.10 changed pit combos to "direct warp" combos. Same thing, different name.

Ratticis
03-11-2005, 11:11 PM
i don't doubt it is easy, but like i said, lazy, 'tupid me. thanks!

enigma_0Z
03-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Actually, it is a little more complicated...

The hookshot can't go over two different sections of hookshot only at once...

For instance, you have a railing that is hookshot only around two platforms, in between them is walkable floor that is of type (none). If you shoot the hookshot over the first railing at the HS block on the second platform, it will bounce off the HS only wall because it's already gone over one. The other issue with this is (and perhaps they're related) but if you have a HS only tile that has wall in it on a layer above a normal floor tile, the HS won't go over it... There should be a HS over flag instead of a tile type...

Well there's my gripe (I fixed the above problem in a dungeon.)