PDA

View Full Version : Airport security

git-r-done
03-10-2005, 10:46 AM
what do u all think about Airport security these days?! :banghead: :mad2: It is so annoying every time u go to the airport you have to be searched. it sucks!!

Gomar
03-10-2005, 11:02 AM
git-r-done, why has every thread that you started been on stuff that relates to the war on terror? C'mon! Get on to more subjects.

git-r-done
03-10-2005, 11:21 AM
i'll try harder next time

ZTC
03-10-2005, 12:00 PM
I don't go to airports, so I don't have to go through that kind of hassle

Glitch
03-10-2005, 12:11 PM
git-r-done, why has every thread that you started been on stuff that relates to the war on terror? C'mon! Get on to more subjects.

He has done a topic on The Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Don't be a dick :thumbsup:

As far as airport security goes, I had to deal with it during Xmas in Port Columbus, Ohio and in Naples, Florida. Port Columbus was very tight. There was like 4 checkpoints and I saw people getting pulled aside and searched more thoughly. They were opening carry-ons and pulling out shaving kits with razors, fingernail clippers, and even stuff like tweazers. It was the exact oposite at Naples. We walked off and right back on to go back home. We stepped thru 1 security check point and the guards look like they didn't give a shit.

I can't really be pissed about what they are doing cause some crazy motherfucker might actually try to take over a plane with a pair of tweazers. My Point of View on It: Nothing we can do to change it, might as well stop bitching and deal.

ShadowTiger
03-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Aye, well said, Glitch.

I don't fly. I don't travel. Nobody in my family does. Does that mean I shouldn't be concerned? Only if I was a heartless bastard of a human being.

Which I am.

Well, let's see. They have to scan everybody to make sure nothing gets by. You can use anything as a weapon. Keys, a can top, a comb, a beehive, (Heh) a bear, (Hehx2) Toilet seat covers, (Be creative. ;) ) A six pack of beer, (Again ... ) an animal cage, a pack of silverware, (Obviously) a Desert Eagle, (Wow, dunno how that got there. :rolleyes: ) ... and the list goes on for quite some time.

Seeing as how humans have better judgement than machines, but are only human, so can tire out and/or get bored easily, they're not going to do the greatest job they could. And even still, you can get around these detection locales fairly easily. Nothing and nobody is perfect.

git-r-done
03-10-2005, 01:19 PM
well said glitch

Eskyris
03-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Last week I went on holiday to Egypt. On the way home from Egypt to Amsterdam the people on the airport in Egypt wanted to see my beautycase, so I opened it. I had a small scissor for my nails. I had to leave it behind, I wasn't allowed to take it with me in the plane. Next time I'll put it in my suitcase. I didn't mind leaving the scissor behind, because I completely understood why they wanted to have it.

moocow
03-10-2005, 05:52 PM
lol, reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy and the leaf blower... <bad arab accent> "You turn this plane around or I mess your hair up so bad your mother won't recognize you!"</bad arab accent>

Anyway, I watched get searched many times when leaving on business trips to Oklahoma. In fact, he was in Oklahoma when 9/11 happened, he had to come home in a rental car, then drive back (he was there for a week, came home for a couple days, and back there for a week). Then when he went to get on the plane to come back home the second time, they took his nail clippers from him. :o

I'm going to Illinois on the 19th, so I imagine I get to go through this, yay.

Jigglysaint
03-10-2005, 06:53 PM
I've only read about and seen airports on TV. One of these days I am going to an airport, take an airplane, and perhaps see the ocean(another thing I've never seen except on TV).

Yeah, my life sucks.

DsS Game
03-12-2005, 06:57 PM
i think its good that they are tightening up security. We are living in history right now since its been 2 1/2 years since 9/11

goKi
03-12-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm flying from Sydney to Los Angeles in 2 months. I'd imagine that the security will be pretty tough. We'll see what happens.