PDA

View Full Version : I have a quick question...

Serpent
03-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Hey, I am very new to this community, though I used zQuest a while ago, and after seeing some of your guys' games, I really want to start again. Though now I am a a tad better on the computer, and I was just wondering, how do you make your own sprites, just a tif stream? Or a tif image, just basically tell me exactly how, or show me a tutorial. I am new at this, but I have basic skills in Photoshop, and some other programs.

Jedi Knight
03-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Well it is pretty simple. If you are not useing 2.10 :)GET IT:) It is sooooooooo coooool! Anyway, to get new sprites you go into Quest->Graphics->Tiles. You see the amazing link tiles.... Alter them and you sprites will alter as well.

Serpent
03-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the help and sorry for the late reply, but I am running on Windows 98 (it's my craptop), where are the sprites located on my HD, and what file format are they in?

Ganonator
03-11-2005, 11:03 PM
either .bmp or .gif.

the sprites are going to be in any of these files anywhere on your harddrive. if you wanted to, you could have link by the windows 98 intro screen, at 16x16.

Serpent
03-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Ok, umm, I seriously have no idea where the soruce files are on my hard drive, and I have no idea what you are talking about. Just give me something like Program Files>ZQuest>Images>Sprites or something. But I need to edit these in PS, not ZQuest itself. (Sorry if this sounds n00bih, I really am not used to Windows, at the moment I am a Mac user.)

DeFray
03-17-2005, 08:00 PM
No, no, it's not like that. The sprites and graphics are contained within your .qst file.

Open up your .qst file in the ZQuest editor. Along the top bar you see the tabs such as File, Quest, and Edit. Click on Quest -> Graphics -> Tiles and it should open up your tile menu. This is where the graphics for all your sprites are kept.