PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Fairies

Goz Wite
03-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Ok, I'll get to the point. I'm trying to create a fairy fountain, right? And I got the main part of it. I set the flags in front and stuff, and when I test it I get healed. Now, what my plan is to do, is to create a whistle warp to go into the water and meet the "great fairy" per sé. Now, I don't have any tiles or anything, so I was just going to use the regular one. That's no problem. The problem is, is that I have it set up as a secret item cave, and when I set the guy to "fairy" the item stuff doesn't work.

It puts the fairy on the screen, but the secret item part never gets activated. I have it set up the same as another cave I have, so it should work. I'm figuring something is hard-coded into the "fairy" guy because if I change the "guy" all works well. But obviously, if I want a great fairy, I can't use the merchant or whatever. I want to know if there's another way to get this to work, or if there's a great fairy "guy" add-on or something.

The second thing that also ties to this whole ordeal is the fact that I can't get the water to do that weird color scroll thing that it does on the real version. I found a topic in the archives that asked this, and the response was basically just how to make the whistle-warp thing work. Like I said, everything works, aside from the fact that I can't have a fairy give the special item and the water doesn't color scroll. Thanks for all your help.

DeFray
03-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Do you know how to layer? If you do, then you can get around the problem with the "fairy" guy. Change the tile for one of your guys (many people use the "fire" guy for this) into a blank transparent tile. Then, when you set the fire guy to a screen, nothing will appear. Now that there is no guy, you can use layers to put fairy tiles over the water. Ta-dah!

For your water, I think you'll have to go into the "Palettes" menu and activate the cycling. This should help:
http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/newadditions/palettecycling/index.html