PDA

View Full Version : Blue collar conedy tour

git-r-done
03-09-2005, 05:35 PM
if u have seen the blue collar comedy tour tell me what u think about it. i thought it was hilarious :laughing:

Gomar
03-09-2005, 06:08 PM
I haven't actually gone to it, but I have listened to some of Bill Engval's work. That guy's friggin' hilarious.

Dracula
03-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Those four guys... are gods. Larry is by far the greatest. (lovely screenname, btw)

Glitch
03-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Ron "Tater Salad" White is teh man.

Orion
03-09-2005, 07:49 PM
It was ok, but there are better standups out there. Jeff Foxworthy seems more or less washed up (if you've heard one redneck joke, you've heard them all), and same with Bill Engval's stuff. "Here's your sign" was funny. Was. Not anymore. I thought his story about getting kicked out of the bar was amusing though.

AtmaWeapon
03-09-2005, 09:10 PM
"Conedy" indeed. More like "Cornedy" am i rite?

I feel like the blue collar comedy tour is the next Dave Chappelle, and that is not a good thing.

Jeff Foxworthy was funny for 10 seconds. After his rise to popularity, the public was bombarded with so many redneck jokes that he was able to saturate the market and exaust his material faster than any comedian I can remember. Within a week of hearing your first Jeff Foxworthy joke, you were already sick of hearing him, because all of your friends would come to you and tell the same joke all day long every day.

The same thing happened with "Here's your sign". It got overplayed and died faster than "You might be a redneck", mainly because Jeff Foxworthy was a little more creative and had more material.

Already, the "git-r-done" catchphrase is old enough to evoke feelings of boredom and discontent. My mind instantly translates it to any of the 1 "I'm Rick James" jokes there ever were. I can't wait until every one of my friends makes sure to say "Git-R-Done" in every paragraph, just like they did with Dave Chappelle.

In 2 months the blue collar comedy tour will only be funny to those who are trying to be cool by repeating the jokes, and after 2 more months it won't exist anymore. Fad humor dies the fastest.

moocow
03-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Larry the Cable Guy will be in town on, I think, the 20th. But I'll be in Illinois... oh well!

Anyway, I <3 the Blue Collar Comedy tour movie

git-r-done
03-09-2005, 09:48 PM
i actually went to larry the cable guy the other day he was great :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rainman
03-10-2005, 01:53 AM
That "git r done" thing is retarded and Larry the Cable is not a very good comedian. The other ones are alright. I like Bill Engval the best out of any of them. The "Tater Salad" guy is pretty good too. Foxworthy is alright, but not the best. "Blue Collar TV" is an abomination however and must be stopped.

Glitch
03-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Yes I agree. Blue Collar TV is fucking gay, and not in the cool gay way like Ganonator/