PDA

View Full Version : "Here's Your Sign" Moments

Monica
03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok, if you're a US Southerner you have to have heard of Here's Your Sign, and you maybe have if you're a northerner too. :)

What is the most recent or memorable moment you witnessed or were guilty of IRL? Here's mine:

It happened yesterday. My dad's new computer has a backlight that has seven different colors. He wasn't sure where to change them so I looked it up and you could only change it through the BIOS, which I already knew but didn't know how to get there. Anyway, I read him the instuctions, then I went to my room.

A little while later he comes to my room and says he got it changed. I go in there, and the light is green instead of default blue. Whithout thinking, I immediatly say "So, did you find the BIOS?" And suddenly realized what I'd done, and said "Well, I guess you must have..."

But it was too late. He laughs and says "Nope! I was sitting here and it just suddenly changed colors on me." And both of us crack up, and he says "Heeeere's your sign!"

Anyone else have any Here's Your Sign moments? What about Non-Americans? :D

Orion
03-08-2005, 05:27 PM
I can't think of any at the moment, but I have always wanted to find out what the significance of the phrase "here's your sign" is. Where did it come from and why does it mean the equivalent of "no shit"? It's always kinda confused me. There are some funny ones out there though.

Monica
03-08-2005, 05:37 PM
I think a southern commedian made it up. It's a sign that says Stupid that he thinks people should wear so he'll know in advance they'll say the most obvious thing about something that happens or that they see.

Eckels
03-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Here's your Sign is a Bill Engvall trademark which can currently be seen all over the fucking place, because it's idiotic, and americans love stupidity. Like nascar.

Thunderbird
03-08-2005, 07:40 PM
The Here's Your Sign stuff has a base from the following quote from Bill Engvall:

I just hate stupid people. They should have to wear signs that say "I'm Stupid."

ShadowTiger
03-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Ugh. This happens all the time. I'm sitting at the table, doing my homework, and my father comes in and stares over my shoulder for about six seconds. (It's the same every.. single..time. :sweat: ) He then asks me if I'm doing my homework. I turn around and stare at him for a few seconds, ... then just turn around and continue doing my homework.

DsS Game
03-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Call me dumb but I never heard of this.

git-r-done
03-09-2005, 02:12 PM
bill engvall is one of the best comedians of all time :laughing: