PDA

View Full Version : Use two tilesets?

Taka1
03-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Hello again.

Taka1. Is one able to use two tilesets to build their quest? I ask because on one file, I've got both the New BS set and the LTTP set. They both have the Link grahpics, combo tiles, etc. Thanks again.

Jedi Knight
03-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I am not sure.... I know you could only have one set of sprites for Link. But, I think if it is working with two sets of combos I say go for it! Just choose the Link that you want and use it with the two tilesets.

*b*
03-08-2005, 02:00 PM
it it possible to use two tilesets, just not in the same quest. you can grab tiles and palettes from one tileset into another tileset, but that's pretty much it. sorry

DeFray
03-08-2005, 04:03 PM
If you find two pallettes that are compatible, you could import another set of tiles into your quest, but you'd have to make new combos for each picture in the second tileset and it would be time-consuming and annoying. You could also just import tiles and recolor them, if you didn't want to use all of the tiles from another tileset.

So it's theoretically possible, but you could only use one main color pallette, and it would be a lot of extra tedious work. Chances are it wouldn't be worth it.

ZTC
03-09-2005, 01:57 PM
If you find two pallettes that are compatible, you could import another set of tiles into your quest, but you'd have to make new combos for each picture in the second tileset and it would be time-consuming and annoying. You could also just import tiles and recolor them, if you didn't want to use all of the tiles from another tileset.

So it's theoretically possible, but you could only use one main color pallette, and it would be a lot of extra tedious work. Chances are it wouldn't be worth it.
yeah, it's quite possible, as I'm using the ALttP, BS Zelda, and NewFirst in Warped Land;
but it takes a long time to get everything to match

Cloral
03-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Your best bet would be to find a few graphics you like from one quest and import them into the other tileset. But you'll find this isn't the most straightforward process since you have to deal with recoloring the graphics to match with the new pallete. Consequently you probably won't want to do too many graphics, so pick the ones you like best.