PDA

View Full Version : ALTADD Help Thread

Dark Entity
03-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I've been playing A Link to a Different Dimension, and I got stuck at the entrance to LV 5, because I need a key to get in.

Also, there is a room in LV 4 that I can't reach... here is a screenshot.

http://www.geocities.com/dark_eagle8706/zelda003.bmp

Thanks in advance for your help!

ZeldaFan001
03-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Since you now have the ladder, you should be able to use it to cross a section of water in a level you couldn't before. There's a key there, just explore the previous levels some.

That part in level 4 you can't access yet, don't worry about it until you get the bow and arrows.

This game is really cool, hope you finish and good luck! ;)

Dark Entity
03-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Well, I just completed LV 5, and I'm missing three rooms in the lower corner. Is there anything worth getting in there? Because I'm not too keen on going back through the whole dungeon :rolleyes:

carrot red
03-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Did you get an item? I think you better check all the rooms, because there's not only a lot of back tracking to do in this quest, but some rooms might be portals. And sometimes, you need a key to be able to enter the next level...

njg
03-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I am stuck after level 2 in the dark world. I have the bow and arrow but I cannot find the entrance to the third dark level. Please help!

carrot red
03-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Go back to level 4 Light World. Remember the room you couldn't get to there? Use your bow and arrow.

Dark Entity
03-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Well, I'm unable to locate LV 8. Thanks for your help!

dagon
03-11-2005, 01:35 AM
If you're looking for level 8 of the light world you need to go back to the caves right at the beginning, i think it's the cave you use to go to level 1. There's a pool of water going right to the edge of the screen, you need to swim through it, follow the water until you reach the bridge outside and try diving where it looks different.

njg
03-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks Red, that got me there. Being such a complicated game, it is difficult to remember that far back.

I am now getting frustrated in dark level 3. It is so difficult to navigate because when you die, your heart containers do not completely fill up and all of the baddies return. I am currently using a level two sword with no ring and 10 heart containers. I know where the blue ring is, but I need wallet to buy it. Should I have the wallet by now? Should I have 12 hc's and the level 3 sword? I have been to every room on the map and I cannot find the hookshot (which I obviously need to finish the level) I believe I have bombed every wall, destroyed every breakable brick and cleared every room but I cannot find the prize. What am I doing wrong?

dagon
03-11-2005, 06:16 PM
That was a tricky one. I can't remember the exact room but there's a warp or stairway that you go through and end up in a room right next to one of those stairway holes in the floor. It is not the stairway you just came out of but is actually the stairway you need to go into to get the hookshot. Took me forever to figure that out.

You'll be getting the wallet in one of the dark world levels long after you think you should so you haven't missed it. The third sword can't be gotten until after you have the hookshot.

Maybe no one will have this problem but me, but you have to remember the dungeon in the light world where you went through the cave system and came across hammer posts, pretty sure it's the dungeon in the forest with the spikes in front of it. Once you finish the dungeon where you get the hammer you have to go there.

dagon
03-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Well, I just completed LV 5, and I'm missing three rooms in the lower corner. Is there anything worth getting in there? Because I'm not too keen on going back through the whole dungeon :rolleyes:

Is that the dungeon where the moblin keeps sending you back to the beginning? If it is those rooms might have a bomb increase, i can't really remember, it's been too long since i played this. If you have already gotten a bomb increase in a dungeon then it most likely isn't.

njg
03-14-2005, 02:29 PM
dagon,

Thanks for your response but I still can't find it. I thought I knew what you were talking about, I went through the level to near the end, there is a room with a stair, which seems to make no sense. It led me to another room with a stair, as I never tried going back up those stairs, I thought that was what you meant "...stairway that you go through and end up in a room right next to one of those stairway holes in the floor. It is not the stairway you just came out of but is actually the stairway you need to go into to get the hookshot." I went there and tried the stairway both ways and it does not take me to the hook shot. This is so frustrating, it took me an hour and a half to get back to that room and nothing.

Cloral
03-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I think level 5 was the level that had a shop selling the magic shield for a price you could actually afford.

carrot red
03-14-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't remember the starway trick very clearly, but the way I remember it, the warp places you on the other side of the room where you can go through the door and claim the hookshot. Maybe you have to go down stairs and then back up... It was something tricky.

njg
03-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks, the stairs to the hookshot was in the room to the left of the room you need the hookshot to get to the boss. You have to fall through the floor above to reach that side of the room. the room above is in the lower left corner of the map and has shield eaters in it.

Now my problem is finding the key to the next level. I went back through the previous 3 levels hoping to find it but no luck. I have searched the light and known dark worlds and I find no place to use the hookshot except the place to access the 4th dungeon. the key must be somewhere, I just can't find it. Please help.

dagon
03-17-2005, 02:49 PM
2nd dungeon in the light world, there's a warp you couldn't cross with a statue on either side. When you kill all the enemies a key will appear on the other side you couldn't get until you had the hookshot.

njg
03-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks dagon. It appears I will have to go through every dungeon again to figure out what is missed.

dagon
03-17-2005, 02:56 PM
I think that's about it for going back into dungeons, other than you have to make sure that once you have the hammer you go back into the light world dungeon that had the cave system with hammer posts in it. It takes you to the next dark world dungeon, i ran into problems there because i forgot it and instead went on to the darkworld dungeon that you use a superbomb to get into, i forget why but that was a big mistake and i ended up having to start the whole game over.

dagon
03-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Also, if you haven't gotten the third sword yet, in the area of the overworld where you use the hookshot on the cactus you start running into all the horsemen. In one the those screens where it's all blue horsemen, you have to kill all of them to make the sword appear.

njg
03-29-2005, 01:59 PM
I think I made the same mistake and missed the dungeon in the lost woods. I am in level 9 and I am still missing the large wallet (and therefor the red ring and level 4 sword), level two bracelet and the magic key. because I do not have the bait (used to enter level 9), I cannot access the dark lost woods dungeon. I guess I will try to complete the quest without the red ring and lvel 4 sword, hopefully the magic key is in here, I already found the gold arrow.

njg
04-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Yes, I had to go through the game again because I need the level 4 sword to kill Gannon. Now that I have everthing I can get (I only have 15 heart containers, I can't find the other four pieces), I am trying to get throught the house of terrors. I assume my reward will be the 2nd wallet so I can purchase the red ring and level 4 sword (If all I get is the 16th heart container or worse, some rupies, I will put my head through the monitor).

I need tips on getting past the two black knights. I usually get through the first three rooms only to be (usually immediately) killed by the knights. The only success I have had has been with the boomerang and hookshot when I have been able to isolate one knight, but still I have not been abel to kill even one. I have been through the house around one hundred times the past week or so and I am totally frustrated. Please advise me of the best stratagy to defeat the knights.

I realize I totally suck, but I am so close I want to finish.

dagon
04-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Hope you read this before you actually make it through because the prize for the house of terrors is a big rupee, around four hundred or so. I'm pretty sure the second wallet is in one of the later dungeons.

njg
04-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks dagon, I can now stop banging my head on the wall. Do you know where the wallet is? I have completed every level except the final one. I have reached Gannon but I could explore that dungeon better.

dagon
04-29-2005, 02:19 PM
I can't say exactly, it's been too long since i played it, but i'm fairly sure it was in the last dungeon i did before Ganon's because i don't remember having the red armor or last sword until his dungeon. That would make it one of the dark world dungeons. It could the dark world dungeon in the top right of the dark world where you had to use a superbomb to get in. That one or the other one over there where you had to push the blocks around to get to it.

carrot red
04-29-2005, 05:07 PM
I seem to remember the big wallet was in level 8 DW. You get to it through a pit that leads you through several floors, to the best of my recollection. Try checking the rooms you haven't visited on the map.

njg
05-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Well I finally got through it. Thanks for your help, dagon & carrot. What recommendations do you have for other quests?

carrot red
05-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Play Foxx's Microplex, if you haven't already.

Shakal
05-05-2005, 08:10 PM
This is going to sound stupid, but I'm stuck at the beggining. How do you do the first level, I'm drawing blanks.

njg
05-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Where are you stuck?

carrot red
05-06-2005, 03:01 PM
You won't get the sword in level one, just the candle. You'll be given bombs, they will help you get the sword in level 2. The traps are tricky, I suppose you're dying there. Try to avoid enemies until you have the candle. Good luck.

Shakal
05-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Candle? o.O Only thing I find is an old man, and 2 black octorocks. This is a hard one. ^^;;

Shakal
05-15-2005, 01:16 AM
I can't find the candle.

Shakal
05-15-2005, 01:16 AM
I can't find the candle.

carrot red
05-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Did you get to level 1 at all? Where on earth did you find the 2 black octorocks?

You can grab a key in level one and with it open the door leading to the candle. At least, that's how I remember it.

carrot red
05-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Did you get to level 1 at all? Where on earth did you find the 2 black octorocks?

You can grab a key in level one and with it open the door leading to the candle. At least, that's how I remember it.

njg
05-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Level 1 is in the shape of the letter "P". The candle is in the blank spot fromed by the "P". You must go straight up to the top, then one screen to the right, where an old man says he left something here. From this room, bomb the wall on the bottom, kill the keese with your boomerang and you will be rewarded with the candle.

To get to Level 1, from the starting screen, go up until you can't go any further, then go right and up until you find a patch of dirt. Bomb the patch of dirt to fall into a tunnel where an old man gives you the boomerang. Follow the tunnel until it leads you out into the area behind the wall, where you you will find level 1.

njg
05-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Level 1 is in the shape of the letter "P". The candle is in the blank spot fromed by the "P". You must go straight up to the top, then one screen to the right, where an old man says he left something here. From this room, bomb the wall on the bottom, kill the keese with your boomerang and you will be rewarded with the candle.

To get to Level 1, from the starting screen, go up until you can't go any further, then go right and up until you find a patch of dirt. Bomb the patch of dirt to fall into a tunnel where an old man gives you the boomerang. Follow the tunnel until it leads you out into the area behind the wall, where you you will find level 1.

Shakal
05-16-2005, 06:26 PM
I got to level one, just didn't know where the candle was.

The black octorocks are in the room, under where the compass room is. I mannaged to get there, by bombing the ropes in the third room up, and heading right.

Shakal
05-16-2005, 06:26 PM
I got to level one, just didn't know where the candle was.

The black octorocks are in the room, under where the compass room is. I mannaged to get there, by bombing the ropes in the third room up, and heading right.

njg
05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
I hope you did not use up all of your bombs! If you did, you may have to start over because you need a bomb to get to the candle and without bombs or the candle, you will not be able to kill anything that will give you more bombs.

I went to level one and I can't figure out where the black octorocks are. I tried moving the blocks and bombing and walking through the wall on the room to the right of the ropes and I cannot get through. Where is the room with the black octorocks?

njg
05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
I hope you did not use up all of your bombs! If you did, you may have to start over because you need a bomb to get to the candle and without bombs or the candle, you will not be able to kill anything that will give you more bombs.

I went to level one and I can't figure out where the black octorocks are. I tried moving the blocks and bombing and walking through the wall on the room to the right of the ropes and I cannot get through. Where is the room with the black octorocks?

Shakal
05-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Ok, I found the candle and got the sword, and did level 2. Thanks for the help.

It's the room the compass will point out. It's the room to the right of the room that had the candle.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Ok, I found the candle and got the sword, and did level 2. Thanks for the help.

It's the room the compass will point out. It's the room to the right of the room that had the candle.

njg
05-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Those aren't black octorock, they are black vire. Black octorock are very powerful enemies.

njg
05-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Those aren't black octorock, they are black vire. Black octorock are very powerful enemies.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Well, they look like octorock, and kill me in one hit. I mannaged to kill them, by boomeranging them and beating them senseless. lol. I've went through and got the triforce in levels 1, 2, and 4. I can't figure out 3, or where another heart container is and the 2nd sword.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Well, they look like octorock, and kill me in one hit. I mannaged to kill them, by boomeranging them and beating them senseless. lol. I've went through and got the triforce in levels 1, 2, and 4. I can't figure out 3, or where another heart container is and the 2nd sword.

njg
05-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Where are you stuck in level 3?

The level two sword is in level two. go to the room where the triforce piece was, then go right two screens, then fall down a level then go left, you need the raft to cross the river to get to the sword.

njg
05-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Where are you stuck in level 3?

The level two sword is in level two. go to the room where the triforce piece was, then go right two screens, then fall down a level then go left, you need the raft to cross the river to get to the sword.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Well, I need another heart container, since I'm at 4 hearts. As for level 3, I can't get to the boss. The door is sealed, and I can't get to the block to open it.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Well, I need another heart container, since I'm at 4 hearts. As for level 3, I can't get to the boss. The door is sealed, and I can't get to the block to open it.

njg
05-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Did you kill all of the enemies, including the wall master's? Go back to the room before the boss, kill everything you see, then touch the walls to expose the wall master's. Remember if you use the clock to stop time, the wall master's stop coming out.

njg
05-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Did you kill all of the enemies, including the wall master's? Go back to the room before the boss, kill everything you see, then touch the walls to expose the wall master's. Remember if you use the clock to stop time, the wall master's stop coming out.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 07:47 PM
The room before the boss in level three is full of water, with a few raft points.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 07:47 PM
The room before the boss in level three is full of water, with a few raft points.

njg
05-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Sorry, I was one screen below that. while on the raft, hold left arrow so you go to the left island then push the block to open the door.

njg
05-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Sorry, I was one screen below that. while on the raft, hold left arrow so you go to the left island then push the block to open the door.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, that's new. Thanks for the help, I finished it finally.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, that's new. Thanks for the help, I finished it finally.