PDA

View Full Version : RPG maker help

Dark_Cloud
03-05-2005, 01:42 AM
I can figure out how to write messages for people to say, but when I test it out I can't get the message box to go away. I press enter space etc.... but it won't go away.

Breaker
03-05-2005, 04:14 AM
try throwing your computer out the window.

Glitch
03-05-2005, 04:45 AM
Catching it on fire works also.

death2004
03-05-2005, 09:54 AM
maybe banging your head against it will work? if not, there is always the patented "stab-with-a-kitchen-knife" method

Dechipher
03-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Try the coke on the harddrive method. It always works.

Seriously though, while this is proably the wrong forum for this (there are, in fact, dozens of helpful rpgmaker forums out there,) I will try to help.
After an event you have to turn off or on a specific switch for that event. Then create a new page, and have it be triggered by push button. I haven't used rpg maker in a while, but thats how I understand it.

Manny
03-05-2005, 06:49 PM
might help if you told us what RPG maker software you are using. there are plenty and your post is very vauge. would be willing to help if i had a lil more info
-manny

AtmaWeapon
03-05-2005, 09:04 PM
You have to click the button on the window. Then you click the checkbox and it makes it work.

ShadowTiger
03-05-2005, 10:10 PM
I can figure out how to write messages for people to say, but when I test it out I can't get the message box to go away. I press enter space etc.... but it won't go away.
... Holy crap, .. this is the exact reason I went online. I'm having an arseload of bugs in this. Come to think about it, I don't even remember just where exactly I got this RPGMaker2003 version, but it seems to be at least "okay."

Doesn't a patch fix these or something? It's getting quite aggravating doing all sorts of work, and having entire maps just erased, or getting error messages when starting a quest because some item "isn't there." @_@

Kairyu
03-05-2005, 11:56 PM
There is a patch. It's called RPG Maker XP.