PDA

View Full Version : RPGMaker2003 Error: Saved-Game related?

ShadowTiger
03-04-2005, 03:10 PM
"Event Script Referenced An Item That Does Not Exist"

Have you ever gotten this error in RPGMaker 2003 for the PC? I just got the thing yesterday, and I've been toying around with it quite a bit. Unfortunately, When I go to test my map, (I think I've got the normal requirements down pat. It -should- be working.) This darn error pops up, and I can't do anything but edit it. o_O I can't test or play the quest at all. ANY quest, in fact.

Know that I did erase most of the default stuff, like the classes, the items, weapons, spells, monsters, ... but I think that's it. What could possible be causing this? :confused:

Kairyu
03-04-2005, 06:05 PM
You decreased the array size, but an event script in-game is still trying to find one of the items past the new limit. Either increase the Item array size, or find the reference and change it.

ShadowTiger
03-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Oh, that just may do it. Thanks. :) ... Though I also deleted virtually everything else that could be looking for something in one of the arrays. If you delete something that was looking at an array that may no longer be there, ... does it still look for something in the array? Doubtful, .. but that may be the cause of the bug. o_O

I'm also getting a strange bug where I start up a battle, (Test Battles just freeze when loading.) in which any test displayed at the top of the screen cannot be removed. When there's text up there, nothing works except the function keys. ... Obviously, the battle cannot continue. -_-;