PDA

View Full Version : text strings

Goz Wite
03-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Ok, I have another quick question, should be easier than my last. I can't seem to find out how to do it (if you even can) but is there any way to speed up the text in shops or anywhere that uses it?

Also, is there anyway to let the player know to press "A" to continue the string, or better yet, just have it continue automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Gomar
03-04-2005, 11:09 AM
For your first question, yes you certainly can. Go to quest >> rules.
As for your second question, that's a yes, also. I think it's under Quest>>Graphics>>Sprites>>Weopons/MISC.(I'm not sure because I'm doing this off the top of my head). Then search for MISC: more on the list. That should be it.

Jedi Knight
03-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Well to speed up strings go into Quest-Rules and choose fast strings,
(Or something to that effect). And when string is being displayed, hold your "A" button to speed it up.

To extend a string use the "next string" featur in the string editor.
BUT, you must to have version 2.10. :D

Cloral
03-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Actually it also works in 1.92 beta 183.

Goz Wite
03-06-2005, 03:30 AM
For your first question, yes you certainly can. Go to quest >> rules.
As for your second question, that's a yes, also. I think it's under Quest>>Graphics>>Sprites>>Weopons/MISC.(I'm not sure because I'm doing this off the top of my head). Then search for MISC: more on the list. That should be it.

Thanks a million. I was hoping that a noob like myself could get help from those that know what the heck they're doing. So thanks again, and to everyone else who helps out people like me.

Goz Wite
03-06-2005, 04:15 AM
Ok, I got the fast strings to work, and I found the "Misc: More" option, but how do i get that to work? I read someone else's post about invisible swords on the Lynels, and it said to go to that same menu and apply the "enemy sword" option or whatever, but how do I do that with the "misc: more" option? I'm figuring it's the same thing in essence, but apparently I don't know how to do it.

Freedom
03-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Setting the "MISC: More..." sprite
1. Now you will need to specify the "Misc: More..." sprite, which is a little icon that appears whenever the message string is set to a string that has Linked text, prompting the player to press the A Button in order for the linked string to appear.
2. Go to Quest-Graphics-Sprite-Weapons/Misc. Scroll down until you see "MISC: More..." and then double click on it. Click on the current tile to replace it with any one of your own as you wish.
3. Set the number of animation frames & the animation speed if you want to apply animation to the More sprite.
4. You could also set the coordinates of the "MISC: More.." sprite in the initial data menu or just leave the default at (0,0).
5. If you do want to change the coordinates of the sprite, go to quest, initial data. Then click on the right or left arrow at the top corners to go to page 8 of the initial data menu.
6. Delete the 0 next to "Message More X:" and replace it with a number of your own to change the X coordinate of the "More..." sprite.
7. Delete the 0 next to "Message More Y:" and replace it with a number of your own to change the Y coordinate of the "More..." sprite.

IDK's Tutorial (http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/contents.html?1048292445858)