PDA

View Full Version : Shop Music

Goz Wite
03-04-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm new to this whole ZC thing, and I'm barely starting my quest (I have like 4 screens done), but I can't figure out how to add music to a shop. Can it even be done? I tried changing the Dmap and that seems like it SHOULD work, but it doesn't. Is this possible? Thanks a lot.

Freedom
03-04-2005, 01:05 AM
music choice is on the dmap, but you need to put the midis in the quest, all that are in there now is overworld and dungeon.

Go to vgmusic.com and get some midis you like and then click on midi to load them when in ZQuest.

Goz Wite
03-04-2005, 01:13 AM
well, I know how to change the overworld music, I've done that already actually. Here's what I did...my main overworld is on Dmap 0. obviously, when you create a shop or whatever, you assign to screen 80. well I made the shop tile warp to dmap 1 and changed the music, but when I test it out and go in the shop, it doesn't play any music. I assigned shop music to dmap 1 and stuff, and I don't know if it's a glitch or not. I realize that the original Zelda didn't have shop music (or cave music for that matter), but I figured since this program has so much more, I would be able to edit it.

Freedom
03-04-2005, 04:53 AM
using screen 80 there is no music, that's why most people make rooms on a map and then assign a dmap to them and warp to them accordingly, instead of using screen 80.

Goz Wite
03-04-2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks! I can't believe I never thought of that.....ok I actually created a new map all together and assigned a new dmap as well. put it on room 50 for the heck of it, and it still doesn't work. I actually got the music to work while messing with some options, but I changed the type of warp, and it didn't make the room a shop like it was supposed to. I guess I have to use cave/item room warp and make it a shop, but I still can't get the music in the background...it must not be possible. I made a quick dungeon, and did the same thing, and that works fine. I just can't get music in a shop.

ShadowTiger
03-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Well, what kind of warp did you use? The topmost warp type in the list is there to get you to screen 80, and as far as I know, generally isn't meant to be used with ... well ... anything else. :p Use the Entrance/Exit style warp. Don't forget to test the warp, of course. ;)

Nowadays, using screen 80 is pretty much moot. Best to set up a different map for it. ;)

Goz Wite
03-04-2005, 10:33 AM
cool thanks, that seemed to do it. :)

Cloral
03-04-2005, 02:52 PM
One key to remember: people don't show up in a room if the level # is set to 0 (this is what lets the overworld shops work). So make sure when you do this that the destination dmap is a cave or dungeon and has a level number of at least 1.

DeFray
03-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Is there a reason to make a shop screen a cave or dungeon dmap? I make all mine overworld dmaps, and they work just fine.