PDA

View Full Version : Several questions

[Spock]
03-02-2005, 11:00 PM
-Firstly, I know how to make item tiles 'animate'. But I don't know how I would make other tiles, like enemies and landscape, animate. You can say how many frames something animates in the "items" and "weapons/misc." Quest --> Sprites sections, but I don't know how to do it for things I've made that aren't either of those two. I've seen some people's quests that have moving or rippling water, for instance. How is this done?

-I think this is probably a "no": can you make new enemies? Or can you only change the appearance of the current ones?

-Can you set how many frames current enemies animate for?

-Can you set how much damage different items do?

-What are the extra flags, like the "all purpose flag", and all the "secret tile X" flags?

-I know how to set tiles to be "HS Grab", but what does "HS Bridge" do?

-Some people have referenced to things I don't have in my Zquest. Like someone mentioned data --> layers. There is no "layers" in my data menu- was that just a typo, or am I missing something? (I have version 2.10)

...that's all I can think of for now. Thanks for the help.

Kairyu
03-02-2005, 11:47 PM
']-Firstly, I know how to make item tiles 'animate'. But I don't know how I would make other tiles, like enemies and landscape, animate. You can say how many frames something animates in the "items" and "weapons/misc." Quest --> Sprites sections, but I don't know how to do it for things I've made that aren't either of those two. I've seen some people's quests that have moving or rippling water, for instance. How is this done?

The landscape tiles are called "Combos" in the editor. They work in a similar fashion to item animation, but there is an additional field to select a combo to "replace" the current combo after a period of time. There's a Combo editor in one of the drop down menus, or you could just right-click on the appropriate combo in the selection bar on the right side of the screen.

']-I think this is probably a "no": can you make new enemies? Or can you only change the appearance of the current ones?

Sorry, you can only change their appearance. This is done by changing their tiles in the Tile editor. If the "New Enemy Tiles" quest rule is off, the tiles are on the first page, under Link. If it's on, the enemies take up many pages, and start at a later page.

']-Can you set how many frames current enemies animate for?

No, sorry again. With "New Enemy Tiles" active, you get four frames for each direction, but it varies by enemy without the rule.

']-Can you set how much damage different items do?

Only the sword beams, which were edited from the "Init." menu in the last version, but I think they were moved somewhere else for 2.10... ? Anyway, the damage dealt by sword beams can be modified as a percentage of the damage dealt by a direct, physical hit.

']-What are the extra flags, like the "all purpose flag", and all the "secret tile X" flags?

I'm not sure. There are several flags which are not yet implemented, but are still selectable. Also, some flags were renamed to reflect their purpose. I don't remember what "All Purpose" does, and I don't remember seeing "Secret Tile X", either. If you mean "Secret Tile 1", "Secret Tile 2", etc., those are tiles which will change to the corresponding Secret Tile for the screen when the player activates the screen's secret (i.e. burning a bush, killing all enemies, etc.)

']-I know how to set tiles to be "HS Grab", but what does "HS Bridge" do?

Nothing yet. It'll work like the grabbable hookshot ladders in Link's Awakening once they're added.

']-Some people have referenced to things I don't have in my Zquest. Like someone mentioned data --> layers. There is no "layers" in my data menu- was that just a typo, or am I missing something? (I have version 2.10)

It might have been moved or renamed between versions.

[Spock]
03-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Thanks a lot. :)

Btw... is there something that corresponds with data --> layers in the newest version? Someone mentioned it in explaining how to make things like snow, and I'd like to know what they're talking about.

Also... I went to Quest --> Combos, and I still don't know how to make a combo animate. When editing a combo, the only options are the kind of combo it is (HS Grab, push, etc), how much is walk-on-able, and at the top, the tile number, "flip", and "CSet2" are listed. Am I in the wrong place or crazy?

Also also... People have mentioned items, like the Golden Ring, and Nayru's Love. Are they real items that should be in my quest editor? 'cause they're not...

[Spock]
03-03-2005, 02:54 AM
Ack! Nevermind... I though I had 2.10 when I didn't. -_-' *Hangs head in shame*

Thanks for the help again.

*b*
03-03-2005, 02:57 AM
']Also... I went to Quest --> Combos, and I still don't know how to make a combo animate. When editing a combo, the only options are the kind of combo it is (HS Grab, push, etc), how much is walk-on-able, and at the top, the tile number, "flip", and "CSet2" are listed. Am I in the wrong place or crazy? right click a combo on the side combo bar of the main editor window (or edit them in the Combo viewer). click on the graphic to select the tile the combo uses, and type in how many frames you want to use in "A. Frames". the speed is set in the "A. Speed" box

as for your other questions, you may have 1.90, and not 2.10. make sure by clicking Ect > About, because everything is as you say it should in 2.10

[Spock]
03-03-2005, 04:03 AM
Yeah, as I said, I did indeed have 1.90. :\

If anyone still looks in this thread, I have questions about 2.10 this time.

Mainly, when I play a quest with Zelda, it runs in really fast forward, no matter the quest. Something obvious I'm missing?

Freedom
03-03-2005, 04:57 AM
change the vsync