PDA

View Full Version : Help for new Quest based on Twinsen's Oddessy

Krummy
02-28-2005, 12:15 PM
I'm just starting to create a new quest and I am wondering if anyone is interested in collaberating on it. The quest will be based on the game Twinsen's Oddessy (also known as LBA2). I am wondering if anyone has played the game and would be interested in helping. Even if you don't want to help it would be nice to get the opinion of someone who has played the game. Otherwise I will just try and go it alone.

ShadowTiger
03-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Well, I've played at least ONE of the Twinsen's Oddessy games, ... However you spell it, .. and enjoyed them fairly much. :) What do you have planned for them?

Krummy
03-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Sorry about the long delay on the replay, school got busy for a while. Anyway, what I have planned is a total remake of Twinsen's oddessy using the Zeldaclassic engine. (Btw Twinsen's oddessy is the second of the twinsen games and it is the one in which you go to the planet Zeelich. Hopefully that will help you remember which one you played.) I am going to try and stay as close to the original as I can, but I know some things (mainly some items) will be changed.

I plan to create this in three parts:
1. Complete remake of the game using classic zelda graphics.
2. Redo the graphics to make them fit Twinsen and his world.
3. Wait until I can change item damage and fix the game so the magic ball is used as Twinsen's main weapon.
4. Switch to using music from the original game and (if possible) use as many of the sound effects as well.

I think that this plan will take a while, but it will atleast get completed this way. Let me know what you think. Also if you are any good at doing graphics let me know, that should be the hardest part for me to do.

ShadowTiger
03-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Well, uh, ... I ... I guess I am kinda good at graphics, but it takes me a long time. There are others who are better than I am, (Significantly, though I'm not -that- horrible.) but I don't want to disturb them.

I've only played the first of the games. I definitely remember the orb thing that you throw, I remember the squirrel monsters, (???) ... jumping, ... robotic elephants that spit yellow small orbs from their nose, ... this temple with lots of traps, .. and loads of other stuff. But none of the graphics.

Where can you find the music and / or sound effects though? Have you already found them?

And don't work with the original graphics. First, figure out how the graphics will look. It'll probably be a bit more confined than otherwise, but that's only natural for such a thing. Do the graphics -AFTER- you know how big they'll be.

Krummy
03-16-2005, 12:20 PM
First of all they would be rabbibunnies, but yes all the rest of that is correct. I own both of the games and the music is directly off the cd so there is no problem ripping it to a mp3 format. The sound effects will be harder, but there are a number of fan based projects in the works and I might be able to get some of the harvested sound effects from them.

For the graphics I will have to redo absolutely everything since there is nothing I can steal from the games. I have already figured out which iteam from the twinsen game will be what iteam in the Zc version (I can't wait to start using penguins for bombs) so I suppose that might be a good place for me to start working with the graphics. I have done almost no work with the graphics editor so that was part of the reason I wanted to avoid it. I guess I might as well learn sooner then later.

Anyway thanks for all the help so far.

Also, if you want to be more involved in this I might be able to send you a burned copy of the game to try out. (assuming you live in the US)