PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 5 - The Game and a rant from the Regionals

DsS Game
02-28-2005, 08:16 AM
I've been playing this game for about 4 months now. I can say even though they took wall tech, this game is still a hell of a lot of fun.

Now my regional tournament rant.

Yeah I'm kinda glad that I placed top 10. I'm not happy that overall my losses were because of this new character called feng. I seriously am starting to hate this character. The more I see his bullshit, the more I just want to kill. lol There is my rant.

BTW my friend Ocx is going to nationals. Yeah I'm done now.

vegeta1215
02-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Is Tekken 5 is out already? Or have you only played it at some regional video game tournaments?

Blonde799
03-01-2005, 03:52 AM
Tekken 5 has been out for a little bit. This is easily the best looking and playing Tekken. I'm glad Arcade History mode was included, I always wanted to play the arcade versions of Tekken 1, 2 and 3 on my console.:)

Did I already say this game looks great? I thought I was playing a low end Xbox game at first.:laughing:

gdorf
03-01-2005, 11:57 PM
I lost interest with tekken after tekken tag came out. The lack of "ending movies" and unlockables took a lot of fun out of the game. Tekken 4 tried to pick up where 3 left off, but it just wasn't the same anymore. I guess it's just lost its flair :shrug:

MottZilla
03-02-2005, 02:08 AM
Tekken 5 has been out in the arcade for QUITE some time. o.O I don't care for Tekken though. Infact I plain think it sucks. I'll take Soul Calibur over that any day.

Like gdorf was saying, after tekken 3 it all became really dull. And that's not saying much since in my opinion tekken 2 was the first one I bothered to play, and Tekken 3 was just more of the same.

Blonde799
03-02-2005, 02:12 AM
No, Tekken 4 was more of an experimental game with walls, position changes, etc. Tekken 5 goes back to the roots of Tekken 3. It has a hell of a lot of characters, and most of the cast is pretty unique(And we get Jin back in his original form! Well, as Devil Jin anyway with horns, wings and crazy lasers). Plus, we get the eye candy endings everyone loved so much. Not only that, the game is jam packed with features(among the arcade history mode I mentioned), and the boss actually has some balls. Actually after playing this, I almost forgot about Tekken 4.:p If you liked Tekken before seeing Tekken 4, you need to drop 4 like a red headed step child, and GET TEKKEN 5 NOW.:D

vegeta1215
03-02-2005, 02:20 AM
I never really liked Tekken (or 3D fighters in general). I asked if Tekken 5 were out already because I hadn't seen it in any arcades down OC MD yet. :shrug:

DsS Game
03-02-2005, 08:11 AM
wow out of all places..... MD should definitely have an arcade.....

And the tournament was on the arcade. Actually the tournament was a day after the release.

vegeta1215
03-02-2005, 10:17 AM
There are several arcades on the boardwalk in Ocean City MD. (in fact I used to work at one of them) I just haven't seen Tekken 5 in any of them yet.

MottZilla
03-02-2005, 04:50 PM
vegeta, most arcades now rarely get the new games in, unless like my local arcade, they are owned by namco. Thus they always get the new Namco games like Soul Calibur and Tekken. The machines aren't cheap afterall. ;) But ya, rarely will you find an arcade that keeps up with whatever few things come out now because the arcade scene is dieing. =(

vegeta1215
03-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah, arcades are dying :( I'm glad I have a place in OC, where I'm sure they'll be arcades for a while (even if only for the poker games)

DsS Game
03-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah now they are. Tekken 5 came out way too soon. I went to chinatown and it was pretty much dead.

Blonde799
03-03-2005, 01:45 AM
Well, it's not like arcades have much of a purpose anymore.:(

DsS Game
03-03-2005, 06:46 AM
They did. It got people to go outside. >_>

Blonde799
03-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Ever heard of Boktai?:p See? Lost their purpose.:p