PDA

View Full Version : Oracle of Season/Oracle of Ages ZC remake!

Mystical Sasshi
02-27-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm planning out a dual-based project. After being reintroduced to the legendary final Gameboy Zeldas(Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages),I decided to remake the games in ZC. Not the plot,but the worlds of Holodrum and Labyrnna. The plot:

You play as Link's daughter(yes,daughter,I'm planning this as part of a series of next-gen Zelda games) and somehow you end up in these lands and try to save them from Vaati's son,Cyclus,who is trying to revive his father by the same ritual that Twinrova tried to revive Ganon with.

Okay,technically it's not a remake of the games as it is a couple of games set in the games' worlds. Normally I wouldn't announce this so early in planning(I've barely begun planning - I need to go over the maps of the lands),but I wanted some advice:

(1) I should work on Ages first,because it's sort of like DarkFlameWolf's Hidden Duality - only instead of a light and dark world,it'll be two time periods.

(2) Seasons will be a killer - a custom item which teleports you to four different overworlds - spring,summer,fall,and winter! Any idea how to do this?

(3) Any guides on making custom bosses? I'm thinking of using a custom boss instead of Ganon for the final enemy in Level 9 of each game. (One of Cyclus' minions,obviously.) If C-Dawg would care to reply,maybe he can PM me how he did his custom bosses. ;)

wockes
02-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Try using the same bosses as in Ages/Season... think it would look more like a remake then....

Mystical Sasshi
02-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Oh,don't worry - I'll use the same bosses: Cyclus revives them to harass the heroine. :D

I've download the CGBZ sprites from PureZC.com,but don't know how to go about importing them into the Pure Tileset. Any help would be appreciated.

(And I'll work on Ages first,because it's easier to implement.)