PDA

View Full Version : New Quest Help

Dark Entity
02-25-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm stuck in Level 9 with no idea where to go in New Quest.

here is a map showing the rooms I have visited:

EDIT: The bottom row of rooms should be shifted over one column.

EDIT2: 100 Posts!!

Nightmare
02-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Still confused. I need more.

-James

Dark Entity
02-25-2005, 11:31 PM
http://www.geocities.com/dark_eagle8706/zelda001.bmp

Here's a screen shot.

I don't know where to go, but I've been in all those rooms.

Love For Fire
02-26-2005, 09:14 AM
If i remember correctly, the upper left most room you've explored was a dead end. Many rooms in this game require whistle playing to make stairs, and that i believe is one of them.

4matsy
02-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Yep.

I also notice you're missing some good stuff (book and magic boomerang) due to not "whistling while you work". You'll kick yourself when you find the magic boomerang, I'm surprised you went as far as you did without it...;)

And I suggest you restock your bombs while you're at it (you should have a max of 16 now). You will need most of them right at the end of level 9...

Dark Entity
02-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks for all your help!

Well, I found the magic boomerang, and made it to the end of LV 9, in the room with all those dodongos. It is complete hell, and I misplaced ONE bomb, and was unable to defeat them. :angry:

Any chance of more bombs?

EDIT: Also, if I were to go Quit-->Continue, would all of the dodongos that I killed stay dead?

EDIT2: Yee-ha!!! Just beat LV 10 and finished the game! I gotta say that LV 10 in New Quest is one of the most fun dungeons I've ever played.

However, I know I didn't get everything because I never found a map, or the Lens of Truth, for that matter.

Also, I am itching to play the hidden dungeon, LV 11, so if anyone could head me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated!

4matsy
02-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Thanks for all your help!

Well, I found the magic boomerang, and made it to the end of LV 9, in the room with all those dodongos. It is complete hell, and I misplaced ONE bomb, and was unable to defeat them. :angry:

Any chance of more bombs?

EDIT: Also, if I were to go Quit-->Continue, would all of the dodongos that I killed stay dead?
Well, it does you no good since you said you beat the main part of the game already, but...a good way to beat Dodongos is the "bomb and stop" method.

Basically, how it works is: if Dodongo runs into a bomb's explosion, he'll be stunned, at which point a single sword strike is all it takes to kill him.

So, align yourself half a tile to the side as he approaches you, and time the bomb so that the explosion covers his head...works 90% of the time, though he might prematurely turn, but it's as reliable as you'll get.

Plus, killing him this way, you almost always get 4 bombs. So you can gain them 2 or 3 at a time for every Dodongo. Nice, eh? :D

EDIT2: Yee-ha!!! Just beat LV 10 and finished the game! I gotta say that LV 10 in New Quest is one of the most fun dungeons I've ever played.

However, I know I didn't get everything because I never found a map, or the Lens of Truth, for that matter.

Also, I am itching to play the hidden dungeon, LV 11, so if anyone could head me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated!
I dont think level 10 has a map. I never found one either, and I played this quest several times since it first came out almost 5 years ago...

Search for the lens in the last place you'd normally think to look. Actually, it's a bit obvious considering that you're supposed to use it to find level 11...think about that...

Oh...and make sure to bring a completely maxed-out inventory to level 11. The enemy force in there is absolutely ludicrous, and you WILL NOT beat it in one trip, I guarantee you.

In fact, as good as I am at ZC fighting, I never did beat level 11 at all...2 rooms from the end is as far as I got. And that room has 10 Death Knights in it...AND there are even more annoying enemies in the last 2 rooms. :odd:

It's the only ZC dungeon I've never beaten, out of all the quests I've played...

Love For Fire
02-27-2005, 08:38 AM
I was never able to finish Level 11 either... I'm no good against Death Knights. Any tips on how to fight them?

Nightmare
02-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Death Knights: Try to Fire Boomerang 'em. There's no Hookshot in this quest.

-James

Love For Fire
02-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Don't have the Fire Boomerang... i think you need to kill a few Death Knights to reach it... I also missed the Magical Boomerang somewhere... which level was it in?

Dark Entity
02-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Use the whistle to reveal a hidden stair in order to find the Magic Boomerang.

Hint: Near the beginning of the quest.