PDA

View Full Version : The Best BT Client

automatic
02-25-2005, 09:44 PM
I seem to remember a thread recently where someone asked what BT client they should use (I can't find it now, or I'd post there). I responded with "Azureus." Now, I'm not so sure. Azureus is nice and all, but it seems to eat away at my system resources.

So, Which BT client would you say is best?

vegeta1215
02-25-2005, 11:54 PM
btdownloadcurses.py via the command line!

automatic
02-26-2005, 12:31 AM
btdownloadcurses.py via the command line!
That's a little too hardcore for me. Call me new-fashioned, but I like my GUIs.

Drunken Tiger
02-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Ive only used Azureus.. So i would have no idea.. But automatic? what do you mean by Azureus "eats away at your system resources"? I think my comp runs fine with Azureus .. But then agin.. i havent tried running it without Azureus . . .

Masamune
02-26-2005, 12:52 AM
I love the new BitTorrent beta. =D

Oh, and has anyone tried eXeem yet? It freakin' rules. (http://exeem.com)

automatic
02-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Ive only used Azureus.. So i would have no idea.. But automatic? what do you mean by Azureus "eats away at your system resources"? I think my comp runs fine with Azureus .. But then agin.. i havent tried running it without Azureus . . . My computer isn't all that great, and when I'm running Azureus, it slows noticeably. Apparently, it's a Java app, and I've read on a few websites that it's a resource hog for that reason. I've also noticed that the java runtimes take over three megs of memory. Not a lot, I know, but again, my computer isn't that great.

Gerudo
02-26-2005, 12:56 AM
of course anything that isnt written in uber++ is a resource hog (read: limewire -_-)

anyways, ive used azureus, and i heart it very much.

theplustwo
02-26-2005, 01:39 AM
I like BitTornado. You don't even have to install it, you can just extract it to a folder and run the executable. Same goes for the other two members of the Internet trifecta, Firefox and Trillian. :)

mikeron
02-26-2005, 03:05 AM
I like BitTornado. You don't even have to install it, you can just extract it to a folder and run the executable. Same goes for the other two members of the Internet trifecta, Firefox and Trillian. :)Yeah, I like to have one instance of BitTornado per download, instead of losing all my downloads to a bad link.

goKi
02-26-2005, 03:42 AM
BitTornado, hands down.

ZTC
02-26-2005, 02:37 PM
I seem to remember a thread recently where someone asked what BT client they should use (I can't find it now, or I'd post there).
that was me ;)

eh, I'm still using Azureus
and yes, it drains the comp resourses (died in SE a few time cause of that :( )

Kryten
03-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Watch out for exeem, it's got teh spyware and ads (even after they say they cleaned it up). They really whored themselves out.

Look for Clean eXeem (watch out for "exeem lite" tho, some of the sites are virusy).

Oh, and bittornado = w00t

Oh oh, and any torrent client is gonna ass-rape your RAM, so be sure to have at least 512MB unless you want lotsa drive thrashing.

Masamune
03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
I downloaded eXeem when it was still in the 1st release. So I didn't get any of that nasty shit. ;p

Slider Zero
03-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Bittornado, with Shareaza as a backup. It works for me no problem.