PDA

View Full Version : It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Ganonator
02-23-2005, 02:47 PM
I've lived in seattle for about 2 years, and the weather has been shitty shitty for about 18 months. Generally for February, we are expected to get anywhere from 7 to 10" of rain, usually dark and dreary for literally months at a time. Locals call it 'death season' for the number of suicides related to the weather. (info (http://www.swedish.org/14537.cfm))

That being said, I want to thank El Nino, La Nina, Bob in Philly, and everybody else that made the weather here nice for the past 3 weeks. We haven't had one drop or rain or one cloud for over a month. This isn't all good news, as water'll be fucking expensive this summer from this early drought.

It's supossed to stay nice up through next thursday, the day before my spring break. awesome.

Prrkitty
02-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Paul and I are west of Portland, Oregon and our weather is expecting to be just as nice thru this week and next (so far). Temps are due to be in the mid 60's by Friday.

We've basically had only a few days of "winter" type weather. I think spring has sprung for this year.

:)

Goat
02-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Last week we had one day that was in the 50's, and it was sunny and nice as shit, then 12 hours later it was snowing

Rainman
02-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Last week we had one day that was in the 50's, and it was sunny and nice as shit, then 12 hours later it was snowing

Heh, same deal here. (Of course we are not too far apart geographically) We have had many days like that. It really sucks experiencing the blissfulness of a comfortable temperature then quickly being plunged into another cold dreary day. : \

automatic
02-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Paul and I are west of Portland, Oregon and our weather is expecting to be just as nice thru this week and next (so far). Temps are due to be in the mid 60's by Friday.

We've basically had only a few days of "winter" type weather. I think spring has sprung for this year.

:) Yeah, I'm right smack dab in Portland. It hardly rained all winter. There was that very brief ice storm, and the aftermath lasted what, two days? It's probably about 65 outside right now. Normally we'd be up to our ears in freezing rain.

At this rate, I'm not looking forward to summer.

Last week we had one day that was in the 50's, and it was sunny and nice as shit, then 12 hours later it was snowing Sounds like Texas weather. I lived there nine months, in the panhandle, and this sounds just like what happens when winter is changing to spring there. Only change 12 hours to 3 hours. And throw in a couple of tornados. The damn weather there is like the Apocalypse.

theplustwo
02-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I like it in Wisconsin. 100 degrees in summer, 0 degrees in winter. :D

Cloral
02-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Looks like we got your rain down here Ganonator. At least today it's clearing up and should be nice for the forseable future. Sunny and 65 today, guess I can't really ask for much more huh?

Link 101
02-23-2005, 05:45 PM
My weather has been wintery here in PA by Lake Erie. It is kinda of cool, I like snow, I like to snowboard and junk. Well, i like practicing anyways. I think it will be getting nice soon. I hope so anyways.

Starkist
02-23-2005, 06:05 PM
It's been beautiful here in Washington. It's nice to see the sun once in a while. I can't wait for summer.

gdorf
02-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Loving it down here in vancouver, as well. I feel guilty driving around with my windows down in february.

gsmagi86
02-23-2005, 08:14 PM
This isn't all good news, as water'll be fucking expensive this summer from this early drought.

YOU mean you actually have to pay for water in the US :scared:

Rainman
02-23-2005, 08:19 PM
We pay for the service of receiving water in our homes. Also we pay a dollar for water that has no discernable health benefits over tap water.

ShadowTiger
02-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Sounds like NY weather as well. o_O;' ... We just had about four inches of snow Sunday night well into Monday. I woke up and shoveled all of it. (Made $10 and some new sore muscles.) The next day, ... bloody 'ell ... 50 degree weather. The day BEFORE sunday, 50 degree weather. Yesterday: 45 degree weather. Today: 32 degree weather. Right now, 6 hours later: 36 degrees. 4 Degrees WARMER than it was during the day. I bring a coat and long sleeve shirt on a 35 degree day, and sweat all day. I wear a short sleeve shirt on a 38 degree weather day while everyone else is in a coat, and I'm sweating rainbows and gumdrops. (AKA, I'm happy.) Great weather. WTF, man. WTF.

*b*
02-24-2005, 12:00 AM
I don't care where you live; rolling down your window to cool off in FEBRUARY is not right. I went shopping with my mom today, and (almost) every car that I saw had their windows open, even if just a little. same time last year, I was huddled in my bed tying to keep warm with three blankets on me

whatever's happening, I like it

phattonez
02-24-2005, 12:20 AM
L.A. I've gotta say has had the worst weather for about a month. It started by raining for almost one whole week, then some sun, then back to a two day storm, the sunny for a while, then raining for one day, and now it has been off and on for about 5 days. 33" down here all winter. The norm is around 10". L.A. is not prepared for this type of weather. We've had flooded freeways, landslides, pieces of road just breaking and falling, and flooding in houses. My favorite is our living room. It has been soaked from this and all of our furniture is ruined. But of course, no one wants to pay for it, like everything else bad from this storm. This is on track to be the wettest season here since rain fall started to be recorded here in the late 1800's. Well, that's my weather, how's yours?

Need a visual aid? Check out these pictures and video. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/21/national/main675321.shtml