PDA

View Full Version : Relic Stones in Dreams of Yesterday

Mystical Sasshi
02-23-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm tackling the dungeons, grabbing their items, and ignoring the Nightmares until I get strong enough to handle them all. But one problem exists. Actually three:

(1) I've tackled the first four dungeons(Mirage,E.Train,Crypt,and Tower - I really HATE that room which has the fans blowing you off the ledge and into that room of tiles and bats :mad: ) and I don't know where to go next. I've visited the Enigma Catle,but I know that you need the Black Belt to get into it. However,I don't know where to find this Captain John except for the fact that you have to plant a superbomb at the base of four waterfalls that cross. Where is this place?

(2) Where are the remaining two nightmares? I've visited the Deku Tree's dream world and got owned by the super-fast eyeballs there(but I did get the bomb bag from Sprout Village),so I'm staying away from there until I get the Mirror Shield and Red Armor(or at least the Flame Boomerang)

(3) Finally,where are the Relic Stones for the Crypt and Storm Tower? I've been everywhere and couldn't find them,and I want to continue exploring the evacation site. Does anyone know where the two relic stones in the overland of the dream world are as well?

Thank you so much for answering these questions.

C-Dawg
02-23-2005, 02:46 PM
(1) The four waterfalls are on a cliff; get there by climbing vines at the far northeast corner of the Port.

(2) The Nightmares, in order, are:

Frog's Nightmare (Desert)
Little Girl's Nightmare (Crystalia)
Old Lady's Nightmare (Graveyard) (interchangable with above)
Farmer's Nightmare (Blester)
Mermaid's Nightmare (Capitol Port)
Big Goron's Nightmare (Death Mountain)
???'s Nightmare (Twilight Gardens)
Deku Tree's Nightmare (Deku Jungle)

The first 5 can be tackled roughly in order, but there's some leeway. The last three really have to be done in the order they're presented; plus they provide the most important plot elements. Goron Village is in the Lost Hills; it's up to you to find out where. (It might involve a superbomb.) The ??? nightmare will not be accessible at all until you finish the Big Goron's nightmare.

(3)
I don't remember where they are, though I recall the Crypt's stone being in the left middle-ish part of the 3rd basement. Maybe.

And, as it's the 23rd of Feburary, allow me to wax poetic for a moment and say that the loose plot of Dreams of Yesterday kicks the pants off of the mundane be developed plot of Sabotage Dragoon. The second game will be technically superior, but really doesn't have the simple elegance of the concept of DoY. Ah well.

And for those of you who are interested: no, I don't have an update of SD this year. It's my last year at law school, and I've been going crazy preparing for the bar and figuring out what to do after that.

I guarentee a huge update this time next year, however.

-C

bmowrey
02-23-2005, 04:30 PM
What? We wait one year for an update, and get told, "Come back next year." Just teasing -- good luck on the bar and finding a job.

Mystical Sasshi
02-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Wow, the C-Dawg himself answered my questions! (Although I'm a little squicked by that avatar of yours, no offfense but a [censored] Kool-Aid Man? :weirdo: )

Thanks for the help, and I'm sure I'll find a way to get the Relic Stone in Storm Tower after going through that stupid room a million times again(see below). :mad:

Love your quest, C-Dawg! I was inspired to plan out something like Dreams, but it would have the heroine(when I get to customization, I'll change Link to a female sprite) travel to different time periods using the whistle. Once I complete the game, I'll PM you and MAYBE you could give me the password to unlock it so I can pick it apart in ZQuest for ideas on how you made all those cool areas,custom bosses,and those awesome title screen and cutscenes!

Maybe I could fix that annoying room in Storm Tower where the snowblowers blow you off the edge so you don't have to be super-agile to get to the other side of the room on the fourth floor. (That's the one where the pit dumps you into a green-tiled room with Keeses - if you exit it south,you'll return to the above room in the middle of the screen.)

(I especially love how you used Mega Man 7's Freeze Man stage music for Blester, the Mega Man series has the BEST music! :D)

FOR ANYONE EAGER TO KNOW ABOUT THE NIGHTMARE BUSTER, PM ME! I'll exchange info on the sword for hints on the "Secret Weapon buried in the western sands!

bigboylink
02-23-2005, 06:45 PM
I would like to try playing this quest using version 152 of ZC. Could someone post a link (or send me one) to where I can download that version? Thanks.