PDA

View Full Version : Pain of Loss

Superstrider
02-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Last week, my Great Grandmother passed away. The funeral was last Saturday, and I was chosen as one of the pall-bearers.

It's painful to say good-bye... I can't even imagine the pain my Great Grandfather is experiencing...

Any consolation would be appreciated...

Jigglysaint
02-21-2005, 02:33 PM
You have Great Grandparents? Most of us are lucky if we get to even know our own grandparents.

I think you were quite fortunate to have gotten to know more than the usualy amount of generations of family.

Death is a hard thing to deal with, especially with family. For me I am thankful that I believe that a family can last thoughout eternity, and people never stop being family. Yes, that means Weird Cousin Bob will still be in your family after he's gone.

ShadowTiger
02-21-2005, 02:45 PM
I never really knew my grandparents. My mom's mother smoked herself to death, despite loving her grandkids, so I hear. My father's side of the family was all either totally solitary, or died before he was 13.

I'm sorry to hear about your Great Grandmother, SuperStrider. Attach yourself to the other family members in their time of need as well. And remember, you knew your great grandparents. as Jigglysaint said, many people would kill to know even their grandparents.

JayeM
02-21-2005, 03:12 PM
For most older people, death is not an enemy but a pleasant release from suffering. Remember the good times, and know that she'll always be there in your heart.

moocow
02-21-2005, 03:52 PM
My Great Grandfather died when I was 6... my Great Grandma died when I was 18. I was pretty upset when they died... It was more of a relief when mu Great Grandma died because she was really suffering, she couldn't get out of bed or anything. When my Great Grandpa died, it was because of a really bad heartattack he had, so it was a big deal for us.

Anyhow, I can sympathize, and my condolences go out to you and your family. <3

Archibaldo
02-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Remember, shes not really gone if you find a way to remember her...

DsS Game
02-21-2005, 08:03 PM
For most older people, death is not an enemy but a pleasant release from suffering. Remember the good times, and know that she'll always be there in your heart.

I agree with you on that. They suffered a lot at there age.

I'm sorry and my condolensces.

Daywalker