PDA

View Full Version : Link to Tortuga released

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Sketchy
03-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks but how do I get the keys?

dest_roy
03-27-2005, 04:36 PM
im new. a few quick questions. how do you use magic?(im assuming thats what the blue bar under the hearts is for)
how do i use the magic book? and wheres the third sword?
thanks. good quest frustrating sometimes tho.

Freedom
03-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Skatchy,
better get the white sword before tackling level 2.
just keep looking and killing to find the keys.

dest roy,
The magic book makes the wand throw fire when you have both.
magic is used with items that need it, like boots.
The third sword is in a place much like the sword upgrade was in the second original quest.

dest_roy
03-28-2005, 12:09 AM
thanks for the help freedom. altho i dont where the sword upgrade is in the second original quest either :(

elise
03-28-2005, 06:55 AM
dest roy Hint I can tell you but then I have to kill and bury you

Freedom
03-28-2005, 08:33 AM
dest roy Hint I can tell you but then I have to kill and bury you

That would be a grave situation. ;)

dest_roy
03-28-2005, 01:02 PM
hmmm looks like i got forty dead guys to visit. stop me if they cant tell me anything new

elise
03-28-2005, 01:04 PM
I am not gonna stop you go and pay your respect :0)

Sketchy
03-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Gosh I'm sooooo confused maybe you can PM me Freedom for advice on:
1.where all the heart pieces are that I can get before the 2nd level
2.where the silver sword is
3.where 2 keys are
4.where the bow is

If you don't want to thats ok but it would be a huge help if you did.

Freedom
03-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Sketchy,

You really need to explore all of that on your own.
Burn the tree in the start screen and go left.

Sketchy
03-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Ok I have beaten the second level thanks for the advice :D Never mind got everything and beat third on to the fourth! Beat it but now I can only find 1 entrance to level 5 and it's blocked off when I go in. And do I need the lens of truth? If I do where is it. If it's in a boat all the boats are closed none are open. Please help.

PS. Freedom I think this game is better than the oracle games and alttp, I bow down to you :tongue:

RaySouza
03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
hy guys !
a silly question, i got not sword beam, is this normal ??? how can i pass the trigger in the first entrance of LV 1 without it ?

Thanks for any help.

Ray Souza

elise
03-31-2005, 01:42 PM
RaySouza find another entrance find the orb and hit it with your sword :)

Sketchy you need the power bracelet ;) for level 5
You need to explore the city and the ships after each level
to hear the gossip that helps you on your travel and to find all items on the right time :)

Sketchy
03-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks elise, I'll go try. And RaySouza in the screen of the first entrance to level 1 look in the bottem left corner, that was where I was stuck. Ok I still can't find any info on where the power braclet is :odd:

RaySouza
03-31-2005, 02:42 PM
well, now that i have went to the boss door i am stuck with water, is the ladder here in LV 1 ?????

Ray Souza

Sketchy
03-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Yes I believe it's in a bombable door but I'm not sure. Annd I still haven't found the power braclet.........please help :scared:

elise
03-31-2005, 02:58 PM
RaySouza do you see the statue on the wall in the upper left room isn't that a nice target maybe it's time to practice some boomerang skills

Sketchy the bracelet is in the mountain area

Sketchy
03-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Is it deep in the mountains cause I've explored almost all of it? Never mind, found it. That was one of the only screens I hadn't been to :tongue:

RaySouza
03-31-2005, 03:46 PM
ok, now i only need to realize how to kill 3 dindongs with 4 bombs, the old trick of the bomb in the tail is not working.

Ray Souza

Freedom
03-31-2005, 03:52 PM
There is a bomb upgrade.
Look closely in the screen that leads up to the Prairiedog hills, where the waterfall and ladder is.

elise
03-31-2005, 03:53 PM
RaySouza I send you a pm how to do that :)

Sketchy
03-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Wow level 5 has got my least favorite vote. It's incredably gitched up on the moving platforms. Sometimes when you hit up he'll go left ect. :mad: And what's with the spikey cross thing I got in level 5?

elise
03-31-2005, 04:41 PM
LOL look good at the belt and make slow little movements so you go the way you want to go and don't go the way the belt is going to

The Cross is an Item in ZC that shows invisible enemies from now on you can see all enemies no creepy ghosts for you anymore :laughing:

Freedom
03-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Sketchy,

Yea, DN was talking a while back about making those conveyors a little more stable.
You really don't have to do any walking on them for the most part, just ride them through and do what you have to do.
The only one you should have to walk on is where the whistle is used.

elise
03-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Freedom think you forgot that you put some enemies there as well
if you want to avoid them or avoid them shooting you in the back you may want to step aside :) :)

Sketchy
03-31-2005, 05:06 PM
Which one is the one you have to use the flute on? And whats the spikey cross?

Freedom
03-31-2005, 05:13 PM
That would make it too easy.......
You use the flute on the one it works on ;)

Sketchy
03-31-2005, 05:14 PM
WHATS THE SPIKEY CROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Freedom
03-31-2005, 05:20 PM
You need to go show your ass somewhere else, you get no more help from me.

Sketchy
03-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Sorry freedom just a bit frustrated well I found the flute room and I'll behave now......promise.

elise
03-31-2005, 05:41 PM
if you also start reading our replies you would have known what the cross is I explained that in posting 273

Sketchy
03-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Oops didn't see that, I think I was posting at the time, than I just saw freedom's post, sorry for the misunderstanding but elise's post never show up until I closed my browser, thats what cause the rage between me and freedom, so I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive me. But now I'm stuck on the room right below the boss, can't get the door open. Never mind got it. Can anyone tell me where the third sword is?

Joe
03-31-2005, 10:35 PM
Can anyone tell me where the third sword is? The dead guard it's resting place.

Thanks - Joe

Sketchy
03-31-2005, 11:50 PM
Thanks I really don't understand but I'll try :tongue:

elise
04-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Oops didn't see that, I think I was posting at the time, than I just saw freedom's post, sorry for the misunderstanding but elise's post never show up until I closed my browser, thats what cause the rage between me and freedom, so I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive me. But now I'm stuck on the room right below the boss, can't get the door open. Never mind got it. Can anyone tell me where the third sword is?

Never forget that the people that answere your questions do that to help you .
They don't need to do that and certainly won't do it if you start yelling at them.
but you appologized for it so lets move on ............

the dead knights resting place
what don't you understand ?
where would you look for dead people ...... ;)

Sketchy
04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
The graveyard.........but I've already looked everywhere in there for it.

elise
04-01-2005, 12:52 PM
still thats all you have to do you probably pushed all the graves but one
and that one grave you need to push :)

Sketchy
04-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Ok, got it but now in the 6th level there are two rooms that I can't get the shutters open. They are on the left side, one has two like-likes, the other has two darhnuts, two skulls in red fire, and one eye in blue fire.

Joe
04-01-2005, 01:30 PM
I reckon when you say shutters you are referencing the closed doorways. I'm not sure which 2 rooms you are talking about but 3 come to mind in Level 6 that are on the lower left side.

There is a room with a closed west door and a closed north door - push one of the blocks in the center (also look for hidden passages here).

Just north of this room is a room with a closed door on the east wall and some pots to the west - that is a one-way door (from the other side).

The third room is just to the west of the first room and has 2 chambers in it with a closed door in each - you must find the mirror shield before procceding past this room. Go back to the right side to search.

Thanks - Joe

Sketchy
04-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks Joe. It was the second and the third rooms that I was talking about. :) But now I need a key to move on :rolleyes: Never mind got it, geez that was easy, freedom likes to mess with our heads sometimes ;) Ok, now I got a key to who knows where after beating Gomah, any help?

pachadan
04-02-2005, 06:57 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone who gave me hints on this game. I'm a student and don't get to play much but I beat it a week or so ago. Freedom, this was a great quest. If anyone has any other favorite quests that are even close to this good I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Freedom
04-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Pachadan,
Congrats on beating it, and glad you enjoyed it.
DFW and Mr. Z make good quests, and Vargan's quests seem to be pretty popular.

DSlover
04-02-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm at the same place my brother's(Sketchy) at and I beat a goham and now I got a key...don't know where to use it :(

PS. Don't mind my brother, he said he's done and he's not coming back, go figure :rolleyes:

elise
04-03-2005, 06:30 AM
I really don't know where Sketchy was stuck
Joe told him to look for the mirrorshield on the rightside of the level
you need to do a little headbanging against a wall to find it ;)

DSlover
04-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks elise :) Now I got the mirror shield and the magic but I still need the red tunic. Any help?

elise
04-03-2005, 04:13 PM
In the map room ( on the right upside) push a statue

DSlover
04-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Umm... where was the map again?

elise
04-03-2005, 05:16 PM
go to the most rightup room kill gohma push statue
get in map room push statue .............

DSlover
04-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Oh I never got the map...thanks! :D Guess what, I'm stuck again. I got the red tunic now I can't find a way to all of the rooms in the upper left hand corner.

elise
04-03-2005, 08:14 PM
push statues and headbanging against walls gets you everywhere
I really can't see on your computer where you are stuck :laughing:
What you have done and what not ;)

DSlover
04-03-2005, 08:42 PM
You can see it here (http://img65.exs.cx/img65/3087/zelda0065yi.gif)
the part on the map I circled is where I have NOT been and the other stuff I circle is that I was wondering why it is when you hit the skull it's eyes go to another part of the screen and it makes a sound like you did something that opens something or something like that. Wow, what a run-on sentence :tongue: :rolleyes:

Freedom
04-03-2005, 10:56 PM
When you bat the skulls eyes out, a chest appears

elise
04-04-2005, 06:13 AM
okay on the most left up room you have visit
you can get up but not through the door and not through the wall :)
it hurts a little

DSlover
04-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Don't understand :(

elise
04-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Just go to that room kill all the enemies
there is one thing left that still can hurt you
just go there walk in the trapp

If you already have been there Go to the first last screen on the second row left and push a statue

DSlover
04-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks Elise, but now in the 7th level I got the fire boomerage and the hammer but now I can't seem to get the other chest. I have a key for it but I can't get to it. Also, is there another sword? If there is how many hearts do I need for it and where is it?

elise
04-04-2005, 03:50 PM
go to the rightside and do some boomerang practice try to hit everything you see
you can get the third sword if you have ten hearts but it's burried
and the last sword follow hints in the city and you get it when the time is right or you can get it if you missed it in level 9

DSlover
04-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Ok I beat it but I cant find this one room. Find the pic here (http://img62.exs.cx/img62/6461/zelda0075mj.gif)
And in the 8th level I can't find Din's Fire. Please help! :scared:

elise
04-04-2005, 06:37 PM
The screen go one screen up from where you manage the water level there push something

Din's fire push a statue in one off the rightside rooms and get some wet feet

DSlover
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Can you help me find the level nine entrance?

elise
04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
DSLover You can't get any higher in the mountains

DSlover
04-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Never mind found it. But in level 8 I never found the map or the big wallet. Can you help.

Joe
04-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Around the outer perimeter of level 8 is a water channel and a walkway. The walkway is broken in the north and Link has to go 1 screen south and then back to the north again to continue on the walkway. In the screen where Link goes south if you kill all the foes you will find 1 of your missing prizes. The other prize is accessed through a water warp. There is a room in the lower center portion of the level that Link has to use the hookshot to reach an unreachable key. The water warp is in that room.

Thanks - Joe

DSlover
04-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks Joe, also how in the world do you use your boots? :odd:

elise
04-05-2005, 11:59 AM
DSlover
You can not really use them
You wear them and if you walk on spikes you are protected
in some games they use magic and in some games not

DLink
04-06-2005, 08:56 AM
it took me a week but i finished level 6! now i can't find level 7. i think it is in mountain view. there is a locked door but no key. a monkey offers a clue about hidding shiny things. i can't find a key and don't want to buy one. any hints would be welcome.

elise
04-06-2005, 08:59 AM
That monkey sure likes to hide things in his home
But hey you are the more clever one you have :bomb:

DLink
04-06-2005, 09:47 AM
got the key. it would be easier if the potion shops worked everytime. am i missing something that triggers them? i can't buy potions everytime i enter one. thanks.

elise
04-06-2005, 09:54 AM
DLink the potionshop I believe is a bug in the 210 some people have that problem and some not .
Maybe it helps if you download the latest version from tortuga and write it over your old one
I never had this problem in Tortuga but I know some people had it also in Mr Z last quest

DLink
04-06-2005, 09:59 AM
so if i download tortuga again i can just overwrite the old file? i won't loose my info?

elise
04-06-2005, 10:04 AM
If you call it the exact same there shouldn't be a problem but you can always
put a copy of your current save file and tortuga in a safe place that if it doesn't work you can put them back ;)

radder1
04-06-2005, 04:51 PM
This was posted by someone a long way back but I am having the same problem:

"I'm still back on level 3. I have the Whistle, and a spare key, but I can't seem to get any further without a magical boomerang. I can see a big chest in the bottom row of rooms, but I can't seem to figure out how to reach the room directly above it (Which is one screen south of the kitchen)."

I have found 7 entrances into level 3 and I still can't get to much of the middle-top rooms. Also, does the ocarina trigger anything in level 3 (like that yellow-green thingy)? Please help.

elise
04-06-2005, 05:18 PM
That yellow green thingy is the most asked about thingy in the quest
and that is all it is :rofl:
I did send you a pm ;)

Freedom
04-06-2005, 05:20 PM
In the room with the chest you are missing something.
try walking everywhere.

radder1
04-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys, I'll get right on it.

Awesome quest (as usual) Freedom! You sure have a genius (and tricky) mind.

david25687
04-06-2005, 09:17 PM
where is password to play

Freedom
04-06-2005, 09:41 PM
You don't need a password to play.

How to load custom quests in Zelda Classic
1) Double click on zelda-w.exe
2) Press "Enter" to pass the flames.
3) Press "Enter" to pass the Zelda intro screen.
4) register a name, and press enter.
5) press "A" (Alt)
6) Press "A" (Alt) again
7) browse to the quest you want to play, choose it and press "ok"
8) press "Enter" to play.
The above steps assume you have put the custom quest in the folder with Zelda Classic :O)

Hairball
04-08-2005, 08:47 AM
I must be missing something obvious - I can't find the last heart piece so I can get the white sword before level 2.

Here are the ones I have found:
1. The one by the fairy.
2. One in the Bog.
3. The one the tree gives you.

I have explored the prairie dog area, plethora mountains, the bog, the swamp but have not found what I need. Items I have are power bracelet, bow/arrow, boomerang, ladder, hookshot.

I even killed both Patras without the white sword. Heheh. :) I'm also stuck inside level 2 but I've seen hints that may help me with that.

elise
04-08-2005, 08:55 AM
In the mountain area there are several to find just bomb obvious places in the walls ;)

Joe
04-08-2005, 08:57 AM
There are several in Plethora Mountains, you must have missed them. Go back and use your bombs and super bombs in the search. Or it is possible to complete level 2 with the 1st sword. You would then have the hearts for the 2nd sword.

Thanks - Joe

s2dve
04-09-2005, 12:33 AM
Super Dave is back. Funny how you don't hear from me till I need something. I've read a lot of posts on most of your forums, but I really don't speak your language, and I don't know what to say without making a fool of myself.

I've been playing Link To Tortuga and I'm stuck in level 3, Adobe Flats. I have the map, compass and shield upgrade. When I ride the escalator I think I see the chest with the whistle or flute [Are both of them in this level ?],but I don't know how to get over there. I've been killed on that escalator so many times I call it the ESCALATOR OF DEATH. Please help, I'm ready to give up, I've been in this level for two weeks

I've read in this forum that some have trouble buying potion. I've have never been able to buy any. I think I have the latest version of 210, and I don't know how to write over a game. Am I out of luck ? Maybe I'm too old to be doing this any more.

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place again.

Freedom you are a twisted manical ........Great game!!!

Freedom
04-09-2005, 01:16 AM
s2dve,
You ride the escalator past the chest and hookshot to the torch above it to get the key.
You need the mushroom for potions, it was up by level 1, if you got it and the potion shops still don't work then it's a 2.10 bug, but generally not ALL of them fail to work,
I only had trouble with 1 of them myself in testing.
You might try walking out and back in and see if that makes them work.

s2dve
04-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Already have the key, I don't know how to get to the chest

Ive tried walking in and out of all the shops I could find, still nothing. This is going to be hard to beat with no potions

I got to thinking about that mushroom after I posted this, and I remembered that I never did figure out how to get the the damned thing. Boomerang didn't work nor did the hookshot
I just figured it was there for decoration.

elise
04-09-2005, 05:25 AM
the mushroom - go to the screen above the mushroom ( look at the map ) and walk down
to the chest - instead of going down after you walkedthrough the wall to the belt just walk up ;)

Hairball
04-09-2005, 05:05 PM
There are several in Plethora Mountains, you must have missed them. Go back and use your bombs and super bombs in the search. Or it is possible to complete level 2 with the 1st sword. You would then have the hearts for the 2nd sword.

Thanks - Joe

Thanks Elise and Joe. I think my problem is that I hadn't gone deep enough into the mountains. :)

I just kind of assumed that since one of the higher levels is near there I wasn't really meant to be there just yet. Finished level 2 though, and know exactly how to get to level 3 as well, so I'm on my way next chance I get.

Sad, I'm already up to 6 or so hours played and over 100 deaths. Wow. :) I am a little too reluctant to use my potions, I guess. I also try things before I'm ready - like those patras.

s2dve
04-09-2005, 06:58 PM
the mushroom - go to the screen above the mushroom ( look at the map ) and walk down
to the chest - instead of going down after you walkedthrough the wall to the belt just walk up ;)

I've played lots of differant Zelda games, OcrinaOf Time, Maj. Mask, Wind Walker, ect..... I've never felt so stupid, [after I finally figure out, whatever I'm stuck at] playing a game in my life. I guess my imagination isn't what it used to be. I looked at that red thing your supposed to hit with your sword at least twenty times. It just never ocurred to me to get on the escalator and take a swipe at it. DUH! What a moron I am. :redface:

Anyway, THANKS for the help Elise and Freedom I finished the level. It wasn't that tough once I got that flute.

More questions: In the box on the item screen I have the map and compass.Is there something else that I haven't got yet supposed to be there too?

Also the map on the item screen. Is it supposed to reset when you do a save ? After I save and come back to a dungeon, it doesn't show all the rooms I'd been in before I saved. Just wondering. I wonder about a lot playing this game. I wonder why that is ?

:odd:

Freedom
04-09-2005, 07:39 PM
the empty spot is for the boss key, which I seldom use because there was a bug with boss lock blocks.

The map disappearing is a 2.10 bug

s2dve
04-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks for answering my questions. I read about a map bug in [I think] this forum. At the time I didn't know what you were talking about. If I keep reading these posts I'm going to be a smart old man. maybe.

elise
04-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Don't forget the smartest thing to do is ask help if you really get stuck
No need to get frustrated and stop playing , just ask help and one of us "oldies" helps :laughing: ;)

s2dve
04-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Yea, it's a guy thing. I keep thinking : I can do this, I can do this. Surely I'm not that dumb. Apparently I am. Thanks

JoeCooLKidA
04-10-2005, 09:22 AM
I just started playing your game today and, well.... I can't figure out how to get to the second orb switch in level one and/or get to the hookshot. Pleeeeeaaase help this poor old sap... :(

PS: am I supposed to have the bow at this point (I have the arrows)

elise
04-10-2005, 09:42 AM
No you don't suppose to have the bow yet :)
There are more entrances to level 1 look behind the torches to find your (secret)way
to the hookshot

bull
04-12-2005, 08:29 PM
hi every body
i'm in level 9 and can't find the magic key and reds arrows
can someone help me
thanks

DLink
04-12-2005, 11:21 PM
in 7 there is a room with nothing except 2 firepots. the lens shows a hidden trap door in the floor. how do i get the door open? thanks

Freedom
04-13-2005, 02:13 AM
Bull,
I think you need to walk through a wall on the left side of the dungeon.

DLink,
have you tried pushing everything

JoeCooLKidA
04-13-2005, 11:01 AM
thank you, I found that tricky entrance.. ;) nice work, one of the best i've played... :D
-joe

astro1
04-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Hello well I'm stuck on level 2 I found the orb room went to the room on the right it's got a small lake in the room the orb room is divided.
Try going through walls but have not found the way in.
Also this is a great Quest Thank You freedom for making it.
Well LOL just as fast as I posted this I found the secret passage

cmupimp1202
04-17-2005, 01:13 AM
hi, i am stuck on level 2. i have found the bow and the raft but can't seem to find wat to do next. i have tried walkin threw every wall possible. i also can't find the last two crystals that will allow me to pass the statues that are blocking the paths on each side under the waterfall. (not talking about the two cystals that can be reached after defeating the spiders, already got those) plz help sum1.

elise
04-17-2005, 06:18 AM
if you are in the screen with the two big orbs on each side of the water and a statue with a dock in the middle. did you hit the little orb in the middle with your boomer ?

cmupimp1202
04-17-2005, 02:23 PM
hmm, good point. i thought i had done that once, and now that i tried it again b/c u said to do so, it has come to me that i haven't. i feel a lil silly n dumb, but anyway thank you for your time and care towards all us gamers who have a lil brain fart from time to time :laughing: . thanx again. :)

radder1
04-18-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm stuck in level 6. I have done most of the right side and the bottom of the dungeon (up to the point where I need the refelctive shield) and I can't find the reflective shield to go further. I've walked through some walls and tried boomeranging things to no avail. There is one room with a closed door on the right and some stones that don't seem to move (with the like-likes) that may be the path. Is there more than one entrance? Can someone please help?

elise
04-18-2005, 10:50 AM
On the right side there is a walkthrough wall to the left in a room with 2 big statues that you had to hit to open a door :)

radder1
04-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks, Elise. I was at that spot three times and still managed to miss the hidden passage. The holes in the wall are so small... Off to level 7.

cmupimp1202
04-21-2005, 12:37 AM
im stuck on level 6, is there more than 1 entrance into the level? i have gotten in the level by burning the tourch that lets u in the graveyard. hit the eyes and gotten the key that allows u in the room that displays the red tonic. i kill the two like like's and cannot figure out wat to do next from here,

also in level 5 i found an item and not sure wat it does and woundering if sum1 could fill me in, its the cross lookin thing that has the white wings the move on it- its an item that i can't use, it is used automaticly, i guess. thanx 4 the help.

Freedom
04-21-2005, 12:59 AM
In 6 try your items on the big skull head statues.

the item in 5 is the amulet, it allows you to see invisible enemies.

Hairball
04-22-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm stuck again in level 7. I found all the items, but I can't get into the area where the boss is.

Nobody else had trouble with this, so it must be too obvious for me to see. :)

elise
04-23-2005, 06:05 AM
left from the entrance there is a screen with 4 candles and 4 blocks solve the puzzle ;)

Viscum
04-23-2005, 09:15 AM
I´ve just started to play your game.Now I need help finding the last entrance to level 1. I´ve found the main enctrence and the one by the witch.I´ve walked around everywhere and lit all torches and fixed all trees .Burned some too. Got bombs ,arrow,woodensword and so on.

I did read somewhere that the third entrence was in the tree where the boy ask for a Skulltuna but I don´t see it. Tryed to give him a skulltuna but it didn´t work. Tryed to bomb the tree and lit it the tree up with fire.Hit it with my sword. Nothing works.

Now I really need help ! So if anyone can help me please do:)

elise
04-23-2005, 09:46 AM
In the tree with the guy go for the wall :bomb:

Hairball
04-24-2005, 08:24 AM
In level 8 I can't find the wallet. :(

Well, actually I can see the chest it is in, but can't get to it. I have been in every room but one - I assume that one has a teleport to the room the wallet is in.

Any hints? Once again I seem to be the only one who can't find it. :)

Do I even really need it at this point anyway? There's nothing big to buy.

I also missed out on the lens permanently. :( Freedom, I know it's a little late now but you might want to think about adding a way to get the lens if you miss it. I found the ship it's on right after beating level 7.

elise
04-24-2005, 08:34 AM
from the start go up on the left and left then up
and right :banghead: ;)

Hairball
04-24-2005, 09:03 AM
from the start go up on the left and left then up
and right :banghead: ;)

Thanks for the help Elise. But now I'm just plain stuck in level 9.

I'm giving up on this quest. Without the lens, I'll spend forever trying to find everything (as I have already done). 19 hours and almost 200 deaths (though I've been dying on purpose to get back to the beginning of an area or to save the game - I had a power outage the other day and lost a LOT of work since my last save, so now I'm dying every so often just so I can save.

elise
04-24-2005, 09:28 AM
oh thats a pitty you are so close
and if you need help we will help you to go on :shrug:

Hairball
04-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Elise, you're always so nice to everyone. :)

I'll probably just take some time off and come back later. Level 9 won't make any less sense to me a week from now than it does now. ;)

It's a stressful time for me so I'm extra frustrated by the puzzles. I know if I come back after my classes are over I'll enjoy it more anyway.

cmupimp1202
04-25-2005, 07:43 PM
ok, in stuck on level 7 for couple days now. tried lookin threw all these threads but can't find an answer or clue. i have gotten in and went every where i can go with using only one key. i can't figure out how to get to any big treasure boxes. it seems i need to get the hammer but can't figure out how to get to it. in a room going to the southwest part of the map, there is a green crystal. green=fire, yet i cannot set it on fire by standin next to the spikes and using my candle. i tried using the wond but it over shoots it and i fall down the bridge that folds up and disappears. i tried solving the ancient text/ block and fire pit moving puzzle but got the feeling from lookin @ the text i needed the 2 braclet to be able to move those. tried lightin the pots but failed to do that.

if i am needing the lens of truth to help i could not find that at the docks in the 'home town' the pirets and houses at town/ village haven't given me any clues on where to get that at. so please a lil more help

freedom, u should join the makes of zelda and get some real green for makin these great quests.

elise
04-25-2005, 07:53 PM
The hamer is in the left down area after running over the bridge use an item on the mirror
After every level also visit every ship ;)
If you can't light a candle maybe you can push them or hookshot to them :)

cmupimp1202
04-25-2005, 07:59 PM
ok great, but i don't know how to use an item on the mirror shield- fire balls that come out of the walls bounce off- so mayb im not understandin wat u mean by that. sry
and there is only two ships i can figure out how 2 get onto after each level. the first you cross to get to the ancore shop and the other is just past that just above the swamp. all i can do is walk on them, no way to get into them or anything else- am i missing sumthing there?

elise
04-25-2005, 08:02 PM
use your hookshot to get on the other ships
you go stand left from that mirror and use your wand

cmupimp1202
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM
in level 8 i have found how to get to every room (i think) and box except the box that is on the far right. seems like u have to go up then right again and walk threw wall to get to the box, but when i go right then up there is a guy who walks fast and spits fire. i kill him and the door doesn't open and can't find a way to open it. how do i get to that box?

elise
04-27-2005, 05:02 PM
you get there with a water warp
from the start go left and up and find a nice place on a right spot to headbang

cmupimp1202
04-27-2005, 05:11 PM
ok i got that 1, that was the big wallet. im sure wat is in this box. from the start i upright, then right then right again. im on a lil ledge and can see the box above me but apparent way to get there...

elise
04-27-2005, 05:15 PM
for that one you need to take a little swim in the right canal

cmupimp1202
04-27-2005, 05:19 PM
hahaha, seems so simple when u get a lil nudge in the right direction. thanx again :D

mooshki
04-27-2005, 05:19 PM
I started a new game at work and I didn't pick up the mushroom before finishing level 1 and now it's not there anymore. Will it show up again, or should I restart and go get it before doing level one next time?

Thanks! :)

(Or is it still there and I'm just forgetting the location? It's wouldn't be the first time I've done that! Love the quest so far!!!)

elise
04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
The location is when you leave the maze the first screen
after burning that tree it shows up
you can get it on your way to level 1 by walking down ;)

Aranda
04-27-2005, 07:55 PM
I found the entrance to level 2, but how do you enter it?

elise
04-27-2005, 07:59 PM
There are tree entrances to level 2 one on the rightside is open from the start

cmupimp1202
04-28-2005, 12:05 AM
i don't know wat it is, i can't find any keys. i have gotten the last sword and best armor, killed the green and red drogan, killed the spyder and had 2 buy keys to get this far. i have found 1 key in the water and the other one buy throwin my boomer at a head spitting fire. i kill all the enemies in each room just don't seem to find the keys :odd: btw wat is up with the entrance, i blow the wistle and the statue moves out of the way- i walk upwards into the hole and come out at the beginning... so if i could get a lil hint on those couple things it would b great, hate to have to go out n collect more money n keep buyin keys, thanx

elise
04-28-2005, 06:18 AM
you need to put on your running shoes there is a time trigger after the statue
so kiss that statue while you whistle and run before you can :)

Viscum
04-28-2005, 02:22 PM
In the tree with the guy go for the wall :bomb:

I´m sorry Elise I must be stupid or something but I still haven´t found the entrence :cry:

elise
04-28-2005, 02:47 PM
After you give the guy his skultulla he should leave you the tree
bomb the north wall

cmupimp1202
04-28-2005, 03:06 PM
elise i need your wisdom once more, i am having trouble findin keys in the ninth level. i get the feeling that i need the red arrows and maybe i have missed them i have discovered the whole right side of the map n bottom two rows of the level and discovered the best sword and final armor. i have found a box at the top of the map but unable to open it b/c i need more money 2 buy keys, i have spent well over $900 on them and wonderin if u could help me understand how to obtain more of them in the level and locate the red arrows. thanx again

elise
04-28-2005, 03:49 PM
do you remember the second row on the left first last room ( the split room on the left side )
there do some headbanginng on the N wall it isn't gonna bring you to the arrow but to something much better at this point ;)

Hairball
04-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Stuck in level 9. :)

I've been all the way to the left and right (bottom row), been through the secret where you blow the whistle and run. So I have most of the bottom right quadrant of the map done (except there's a room at the far right, second row that I haven't found).

At the far left, I'm at a room you have to use the whistle on. But all it does is open the door again so I can leave. Is there something there I'm missing?

elise
04-30-2005, 10:43 AM
The room on the left is just the room at the left ;)
I think if you only have the lower two rows you forget your muscle power on the statues and a little mirror shield

Hairball
04-30-2005, 02:15 PM
I only have the lower 1 row. :)

elise
04-30-2005, 02:35 PM
the advice stays the same
and after the nose running a little mirror on the statues ;)

Hairball
04-30-2005, 02:37 PM
the advice stays the same
and after the nose running a little mirror on the statues ;)

I think I found that. It's one up from where the flute is needed to move the statue, right? Yeah, I followed that tunnel. But all I could get to is another way into that room (from above) and then there's a room with a golden statue head that I can't get the barrier to go down on. I think I need the golden arrow?

Hairball
04-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Basically I have the whole bottom row, and then the I have three more rows on the right side of the dungeon above the bottom. Almost a square, except the one missing room.

elise
04-30-2005, 05:13 PM
couldn't you blow your way in there

Hairball
04-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Hehe, placed the bomb just before I got the email notification that you'd replied.

Hairball
04-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Ooh, now I see something different in a room. I know what to do now. ;)

elise
04-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Good one for you it always feels better if you find it yourself :)

Hairball
04-30-2005, 05:34 PM
How do I get to the second row on the left side?

LOL, just found it nevermind. ;)

elise
04-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Now you're almost there
Just don't forget the normal tricks know bomb,push and walkthrough walls :tongue: ;)

Hairball
04-30-2005, 08:20 PM
I got to a room with some spikes and there's a red pyramid, but I can't find a way around to the pyramid to slash it.

Oh how I wish I had the $%&^# lens. ;)

elise
05-01-2005, 02:10 AM
there are 2 red orbs one site don't forget the obvious ( boom)
The otherside 2 big statues and 2 red arrows in one room can get you far ;)

Hairball
05-01-2005, 09:08 AM
there are 2 red orbs one site don't forget the obvious ( boom)
The otherside 2 big statues and 2 red arrows in one room can get you far ;)

Thanks again.

I found it actually, by checking your forum. Someone posted a screenshot of the room I couldn't figure out. :)

I finished the game this morning. No more ZC for me for a while.

The Rowan
05-03-2005, 05:42 PM
I know this question has already been asked many times, but just how do you get the hookshot in Level 1? I have literally tried walking behind every torch that I can reach, but I haven't found any kind of staircase or passage. I know where all three entrances are. Please help. If you could just tell me exactly which torch I need to look behind so I know it's not a bug, I'd be very thankful.

elise
05-03-2005, 05:56 PM
if you look at your map it's in the room next to the room where you see the hookshot
they look very alike
If you play in 210 then there is no bug to get it :)

The Rowan
05-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks. I finally realized what I was doing wrong: I didn't know that you could walk over the spikes near the main entrance when they were down, so I spent all my time looking for secrets in the wrong areas.

radder1
05-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Where is the tunnel to get to the room in the mid-upper left side? I have found the golden arrow and have released the two barriers on either side of this room, but now I can't find the warp to get there. (This is to get to the room where you use the hookshot to get across) I thought I tried everything but apparently I haven't. Please help.

elise
05-04-2005, 05:35 AM
from the start go up whistle , up till the end and go left :)

radder1
05-04-2005, 06:14 PM
It's me again. Are you talking about whistling one screen up from the start? I whistle there and the statue moves, but when I try to go into the hole, I just get put back to the start. Thanks for your help.

elise
05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
yes thats the one there is a time warp
so put your nose against the statue and run asoon as you can
that is the quick way to get there there is also a D tour look at your map the second room above that statue go left :)

radder1
05-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Well, I finished... 23 1/2 hours of playing and 68 deaths and I enjoyed every minute of it. Once again, Freedom, you have created a Zelda masterpiece! I hope you don't get sick of making amazing quests as they keep us all well entertained.

Thanks to Elise and Freedom for your help. There are a few things that I would never have figured out.

P.S. What does that blue crystal thing actually do when activated? Is this a new weapon created for 2.10?

elise
05-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Radder1 Congrats to you
The green and blue one are new one brings you back to the entrance and the other one makes you invisible for the enemies a limited time

slowhand
05-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Can't figure out how to get to the ladder.

Elise mentions "headbanging" and bombing statutes. I tried the bomb thing in the room with the sealed door (left area of the level)...no effect.

Help!

elise
05-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Is that the room with the shooting statues and the two little statues ?
then push a little statue
The headbanging is for getting in the room with the ladder
throw a little boomerang on statues before the ladder room

slowhand
05-20-2005, 03:17 PM
I've been around and around Level 2 to the point of exhaustion, searching
for the bow....just cannot find it.

Please, where is it and how do I access it?

Thanks.

slowhand
05-20-2005, 03:17 PM
I've been around and around Level 2 to the point of exhaustion, searching
for the bow....just cannot find it.

Please, where is it and how do I access it?

Thanks.

torquate
05-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Okay, I have only made it on the southern most screens of the rain forest and to a few screens where there are red sword triggers that I can't reach. I can also make it to both sides of a screen that has a bush with a hole under it but I am stuck. Do I need a skulltula to give to the guy that says ooga ooga booga? I don't have any skulltulas and have no idea where I can buy one (I accidentally picked up some at the beginning of the game when I already had one). This is driving me crazy. Please help me. Thanks.

Edit:
Nevermind, I figured it out.

torquate
05-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Okay, I have only made it on the southern most screens of the rain forest and to a few screens where there are red sword triggers that I can't reach. I can also make it to both sides of a screen that has a bush with a hole under it but I am stuck. Do I need a skulltula to give to the guy that says ooga ooga booga? I don't have any skulltulas and have no idea where I can buy one (I accidentally picked up some at the beginning of the game when I already had one). This is driving me crazy. Please help me. Thanks.

Edit:
Nevermind, I figured it out.

elise
05-22-2005, 10:20 AM
slowhand you need to enter the second entrance go to the vertical splitroom screen on the left set the orb on the left to red and kill all enemies go back to the screen with the ledge on the right with the
like like on it on the right side and do some headbanging up and from there headbanging left :)

elise
05-22-2005, 10:20 AM
slowhand you need to enter the second entrance go to the vertical splitroom screen on the left set the orb on the left to red and kill all enemies go back to the screen with the ledge on the right with the
like like on it on the right side and do some headbanging up and from there headbanging left :)

d3db0y
05-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey guys im new to the ZC quests and just got tortuga as my first one. i cant seem to find the sword though. I made it up on prarie dog hill and to the lost woods and all over but no cave with a sword in it....please help! thanx~d3db0y

d3db0y
05-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey guys im new to the ZC quests and just got tortuga as my first one. i cant seem to find the sword though. I made it up on prarie dog hill and to the lost woods and all over but no cave with a sword in it....please help! thanx~d3db0y

elise
05-23-2005, 04:39 PM
From the start walk up to the pond walk in the pond straight up

elise
05-23-2005, 04:39 PM
From the start walk up to the pond walk in the pond straight up

slowhand
05-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Elise,

I've neglected to thank you for your kind assistance. Without your hints, I
would've had to of quit the game.

Thank you!

slowhand
05-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Elise,

I've neglected to thank you for your kind assistance. Without your hints, I
would've had to of quit the game.

Thank you!

d3db0y
05-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanx elise! I found it by chance..the deku scrub knocked me through the opening while trying to get some helth from the fairy..lol!

d3db0y
05-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanx elise! I found it by chance..the deku scrub knocked me through the opening while trying to get some helth from the fairy..lol!

elise
05-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Slowhand no problem just ask if you can't find the answere , this quest is to good to stop ;)
d3dboy it always feels better if you find the answere yourself even if it's by accident :laughing:

elise
05-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Slowhand no problem just ask if you can't find the answere , this quest is to good to stop ;)
d3dboy it always feels better if you find the answere yourself even if it's by accident :laughing:

d3db0y
05-24-2005, 03:08 PM
ok new problem.. i found the entrance to 1 in ranger neds cave and also the one in the big tree. i got the shroom and gave it to the potion lady. but still cant find the 3rd entrance to 1. i tried burning trees, blowing stuff up. i read in an earlier post about burrning a tree that looks diffrent or something and the only one that looks weird to me is by the potion lady. plz help. thanx~d3d

d3db0y
05-24-2005, 03:08 PM
ok new problem.. i found the entrance to 1 in ranger neds cave and also the one in the big tree. i got the shroom and gave it to the potion lady. but still cant find the 3rd entrance to 1. i tried burning trees, blowing stuff up. i read in an earlier post about burrning a tree that looks diffrent or something and the only one that looks weird to me is by the potion lady. plz help. thanx~d3d

elise
05-24-2005, 03:24 PM
If you look at the map you can see that the ranger cave is on the second row in the grey area
both other entrances are on the top row one on the almost west side and one at the almost right side in the grey area

elise
05-24-2005, 03:24 PM
If you look at the map you can see that the ranger cave is on the second row in the grey area
both other entrances are on the top row one on the almost west side and one at the almost right side in the grey area

d3db0y
05-24-2005, 03:27 PM
thanx again!

d3db0y
05-24-2005, 03:27 PM
thanx again!

Yoshi348
05-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Rofl... I have spent hours carefully fighting my way through the puzzles and having to resort to this thread for some hints... and then, I go to the last page as the early pages starting going to higher levels and find I MISSED THE FREAKING SWORD AT THE VERY BEGINNING. (It's a good thing the Keese crows are first in enemy line... makes it much easier to live with only the boomerang.) I think I may have done every possible thing ever without the sword.

This game is soooooooooooooo freaking hard... but I love it.

EDIT: And suddenly... the laughter turns to tears. I've used up all my keys and can't get any more, forcing me to start over. It's entirely possible to make it to all three entrances to dungeon 1 without a sword, and use up your second key on one of the doors. Hey, I figured this was one of those wacky quests that throw the sword in the second dungeon... I saw a bunch of those when I used to play back in 1.9.

Yoshi348
05-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Rofl... I have spent hours carefully fighting my way through the puzzles and having to resort to this thread for some hints... and then, I go to the last page as the early pages starting going to higher levels and find I MISSED THE FREAKING SWORD AT THE VERY BEGINNING. (It's a good thing the Keese crows are first in enemy line... makes it much easier to live with only the boomerang.) I think I may have done every possible thing ever without the sword.

This game is soooooooooooooo freaking hard... but I love it.

EDIT: And suddenly... the laughter turns to tears. I've used up all my keys and can't get any more, forcing me to start over. It's entirely possible to make it to all three entrances to dungeon 1 without a sword, and use up your second key on one of the doors. Hey, I figured this was one of those wacky quests that throw the sword in the second dungeon... I saw a bunch of those when I used to play back in 1.9.

elise
05-25-2005, 05:35 AM
There are enough keys around you can't get stuck with that
You can also always buy a new one if you can't find a key

elise
05-25-2005, 05:35 AM
There are enough keys around you can't get stuck with that
You can also always buy a new one if you can't find a key

torquate
05-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Finished yesterday. Great quest. 86 deaths. 19 hours.

d3db0y
05-25-2005, 03:51 PM
were can i buy keys? i need one to finish level 1. i went to town and did nothing but get busted by the fuzz and tossed in the can for picking on little kids!

elise
05-25-2005, 03:56 PM
LOL you shouldn't pester little kids this will teach you :)
on your way to the town from the start instead of going east to the town
go straight ahead ( follow the stream ) there you can find the shop

Torguate Congrats :thumbsup:

d3db0y
05-25-2005, 05:35 PM
well i found the shop...250 a key yikes..lol! another question tho...when in town can you get down in the pirate ships or just on deck?

elise
05-25-2005, 05:41 PM
d3dboy it's important to visit the town and the ships after every level you complete
sometimes there are very good things to get in a ship and sometimes you just get good info and can't get further then the deck

slowhand
05-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Hi,

I cannot figure out how to get up to the upper level in Adobe Flats, where
most of the chests are.

The only "special" I've collected in this level is the ocarina. I've been
headbangin' my ass off all over this level...as well as trying the other items
in my inventory...just not gettin' it.

What to do?

elise
05-25-2005, 07:06 PM
did you under the bridge with the chest on it try to take a way up
outside there is a staire on the rightside to get up
on the roof there is a strange tile on the left side try some items there ;)

slowhand
05-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Elise,

Thanks for the tips. Found the map and blue boomerang according to
your hint. However, I can't find the stair you mentioned. There is no stair
on the right side of the building...only on the left side. Is that the one you
mean?...and if it is, I wasn't able to find any strange tile up on the roof.

Please clarify.

Thank you much.

elise
05-26-2005, 05:58 AM
yeah my mistake the one on the left ( can't help it I am a woman I have to give wrong directions :) )
on the top of the staire find your way to the left with an Item
and there in the grass find the strange tile and .................

slowhand
05-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks again for your help, Elise. It's good to be moving on again.

These quests by Freedom are challenging almost to the point of being too
difficult...but they sure are fun!

elise
05-26-2005, 12:01 PM
I think they are good cause everybody can finish them
even if your not that great of a fighter
and if you get stuck there is always someone that can help you further

I really hate it when I play a quest and can't finish it cause the enemies get to heavy in level 8 .
But everybody likes other kind of Quests so it's good that they are also made ;)

adioboy
05-26-2005, 01:01 PM
i jsut downloaded this quest (im a little late) and im stuck on lvl 1 i dont know where to find a skulltula or whatever i already found the first one but i gave it to the frog but now that guy in the cave wants one where do i get it oh yea i have that wnad to dont know if that would help

elise
05-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Skullutans are to be found everywhere on the overworld and sometimes in the levels
I don't now the exact locations just look around
I really don't know what you mean with wnad :shrug:

slowhand
05-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Elise,

I feel pretty stupid at this point. Apparently, I'm the only Tortuga player out
here that can't figure out level 3. After your assistance last time, I thought I
was out of the woods...not so. I've spent all afternoon trying to figure out
how to get to the red orb I need to switch in order to get to the areas I
haven't been yet.

Please, what is the secret?

elise
05-26-2005, 07:20 PM
I don't know wich orb you can't reach if you show me which one I can help

slowhand
05-26-2005, 07:38 PM
The orb I'm speaking of is the one you can see from the room on the roof.
Upon entering this room, one is blocked on the north by blocks, and the
orb can be seen to the left.

elise
05-26-2005, 07:48 PM
do you remember the screen with that strange yellow thing on it and two guards
that stop you from walking through a door
did you use your new boomer on the statues on the wall ?
this screen Here (http://zeldaclassicforum.com/showpost.php?p=14481&postcount=40)

Yoshi348
05-26-2005, 11:12 PM
I beat level 2, but I still can't find the White Sword or Power Bracelet... any hints?

torquate
05-27-2005, 12:05 AM
Burn a tree on the starting screen and walk left.

Yoshi348
05-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Thanks.

Now I'm on level 3 and can't get anywhere. I have the map, and the compass, and that's it. I made it to Dodongo Pool and got a key, then used it on the chest in the walk through wall that had a magic bottle. I don't have to go buy a key now, do I?

EDIT: Nevermind. Seriously, the best way to guarentee you figure out something is to ask for help on it on a forum. :tongue:

Yoshi348
05-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Okay, now I can't find the Magic Boomerang (or if it's in that chest where you go in a hidden passage underneath the chest to get to it, a key), which I seem to need to hit that other face in the place with the wierd green and yellow thingie. I remember getting the keys next to the magic chest, in the torch cubby hole on the conveyor belt, and the one from the Dodongos.

There's been a bit too many simply arbitrary things you have to do in this quest, which is starting to put a damper on my enjoyment...

Strider1982
05-29-2005, 04:43 AM
Wow.

I'm sure it's already been said many times, but this quest blew me away. I'm impressed.
Freedom, you've done a masterful job on this quest. You are quite the ZC artist.
I'm looking forward to whatever quests you release in the future.

Keep up the good work!

slowhand
06-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Do I need the flippers to complete level 5?

If so, where are they please?

Thanx.

elise
06-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeppe Slowhand you need them
Look at your map for an empty place and just try not to get a headache when you :banghead:
( those spots are not always in the middle )

Yoshi348
06-07-2005, 08:04 PM
I can't figure out how to get to the Level 8 magic upgrade chest. There was a hint earlier in the page about headbanging near the "pit in the middle", but I'm not sure what that refers to. If it's the big long water things where you walk over them all the time, and you get down there through a secret way and get a big chest, I headbanged inside the entire pit.

I actually have 4 missing rooms on my map (including the triforce room, but not the boss room... I peeked in there), but I have all the other items (sans the map) and a key for the chest. Also, none of the missing rooms could be considered "the middle"... they're all one square away from the border squares.

elise
06-07-2005, 08:15 PM
for the magic upgrade you have to go to the water on the rightside of the level and there find your way in

Yoshi348
06-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Thanks. I've MADE IT! 84 deaths, 17:48:06... some of that is long pause times. Every item, full two rows of Heart Containers, slash, half magic, and either full magic or 1 less than normal magic (dunno... haven't played enough magic games yet). Very enjoyable. Thanks for your hard work.

DLink
06-20-2005, 06:00 PM
i had to take a break from the game. i can't find level 9, any help would be appreciated.

elise
06-20-2005, 06:05 PM
DLink you can't go any higher in the mountains

juno reactor
06-23-2005, 11:42 AM
quick question for ya... in level six, i've gotten the tunic and the bottle but i cant find the wand....im sure its something simple but ive exhausted every route...the mirror room with the blue ghosts, etc....no clue what to do....any help would be much appreciated.

elise
06-23-2005, 11:52 AM
You need to get the mirrorshield to move on
go on the rightside as far as you can go and up to a vertical split room
there do some headbanging against the west wall

Phazite
06-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Hello, I havn't been here in a while. Mabe some of you remember me. Well, I stated this quest again from the beggining and I forgot what to do in the room right before the boss in level 1. It's the room where you open the blue door and it goes to 'Plantation Boss' and there is water in the middle of the room that goes from one side of the room to the other and I can't get past. Can someone please help me?

elise
06-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Do you mean the one where you need to play a little with your boomer :)

Phazite
06-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Hmm, I tried bombing everything and useing the boomerang on everything but nothing happened. Also, I can't throw the boomerang up/left (diagnaly) for some reason. :odd:

I forgot to say that there were 2 torches in there too in case that helps with what room i'm in.

elise
06-24-2005, 08:19 PM
If you are just before the boss you need the ladder to cross the water
do you already have that one ?
you can get that in the left top part of the dungeon

Phazite
06-24-2005, 08:40 PM
YAY! I got the ladder and finished level 1. Thanks Elise! :)

Now to level 2!

I cant kill the patra in level 2! I only have 4 hearts and a wooden sword!

elise
06-25-2005, 05:28 AM
then you better go and find yourself the 2nd sword
it's in the mountain area on the left side from the start
you can find some heartpieces on your way over there

TheManTreyMan
07-12-2005, 02:16 AM
Yo, I'm having a problem with level 1. I've gotton to the Plantation Boss but I have 4 bombs and there are 3 dodongos. I can't hold more the 4 bombs. is there a bomb upgrade I don't know about or what? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

elise
07-12-2005, 04:20 AM
Yeah there is a bomb upgrade on the overworld if I am correct (and if it's not on the overworld it's in the level)
but did you know as a bomb explodes just in the face of a dodongo
it stunnes the dodongo you can slash it then with your sword and 4 new bombs will be your reward
you can also feed it a red bomb and you get another red bomb in return

TheManTreyMan
07-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Oh wow. Thanks for the reply WOman!

elise
07-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Oh wow. Thanks for the reply man!
If it's the same to you I rather stay woman and skip that operation :laughing: :tongue:

TheManTreyMan
07-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Yo. I can't seem to find the freakin bow. I'm looking in the swamp and Level 2 but I'm starting to think it's not even in that area. Also I read in another post on this thread about having 5 hearts and the 2nd sword by level 2. How is this possible? Thanks.

elise
07-17-2005, 06:24 AM
The Bow is here
http://www.armageddongames.net/showpost.php?p=1011327&postcount=412
in level 2
and you can go into the mountains ( set the tree on the start screen in fire ) and go left , find enough heart pieces and the sword is yours to pick up ( totally south in the mountain area )

TheManTreyMan
07-29-2005, 04:55 PM
My god Level 2 is so confusing! I stopped playing it for a week or so, now I'm back in it and can't find the raft! UGH! Any help? Thanks!

Freedom
07-30-2005, 10:18 PM
You push a torch to open a secret passage up in the lefthand top of the level

TheManTreyMan
07-31-2005, 10:22 PM
lefthand top of the level? I can't seem to find this torch also! Ok, out of the 2 entrances. Do I go into the far left entrance in the swamp, the right entrance in the swamp, or the top entrance. I figured the left entrance. I went to the farthest lefthand of the level I could get. There is only one Sheild eating monster and a torch. I don't think this is the torch because I tried to push it. This game gets so frustrating, but I love it so I don't want to stop playing it! It seems I can't get anywhere without that raft. Please help me. I know I'm a bother, but I really need some help. Thanks.

Freedom
08-01-2005, 01:11 AM
here's level 2
it's 3 FRAMES over and 2 down from the top left, in the picture you can't see the torch, but it's there in the game.
I say frames because the first one isn't a room, so count 3 over and 2 down, and in that room with water to the right of the room with the red orb.
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/tl2full.gif

DJ 18 1990
08-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Okay, okay, I give up - please, where is a bomb upgrade to 6 or more bombs so I can kill the level 1 boss.

Thanks

Dianne (going bonkers) w

:banghead:
Did you notice the waterfalls on you're way up the ladder to the level 1 area?

Walk into the middle of the waterfall that is the nearist the Ladder.
Oh, and you might want to bring along about 50 RUPIES.

One last thing to check out before you leave.
Take the door to the right. There is a shop that sells Normal and
Super bombs!
But the Super bombs Cost alot!

And Plese stop banging you're head aganst the Brick wall!
Cuz you get dumber every time you do that!
(Spit) LOL :laughing:

Lita
08-13-2005, 12:13 PM
HELP!!!! I either did something in the game or inadverently changed some 2.1 controls... but link and the world are on some kind of MEGA speed!!!! :scared: Which means I have to play like I'm in overdrive!~ lolol I was messing with the controls but didn't see anything like this! All I did was change the Screen Saver. The last thing I did in the game (I'm in L2 by the way) was arrow the yellow gems in the middle entrance of the swamp. Now... with everything going SOOOO fast... I can hardly get back to figure out how to undo it! The like likes keep grabbing me before I even see them! I don't have the raft yet (was just trying to figure that one out at the time of the mishap) and since I assume that's what I would need to undo the orb (which nothing works (literally) while standing in the water at.But there is a place in the water below it that maybe I should be on or something? I don't I"m cluelesss and going a hundred miles a minute!@! lololl Please tell me how to take the game out of speed zone~! I feel like my eyes are rolling around in my head just trying to keep up with the EASIEST of screens! :scared: :odd: Thanks in advance for any help.

elise
08-13-2005, 01:34 PM
you need to push f2 or look under settings to go back to normal speed :)

Lita
08-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks Elise I knew it was probably something I did. :rolleyes: SURELY that wouldn't have been a game thing! lol But... it was making it interesting...lololol

elise
08-13-2005, 01:45 PM
We all had it one time or another and yes it drives you crazy real FAST :)
have fun playing in a slower speed !!!!!!!

TheManTreyMan
08-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Oh my god! Okay, I finally made it to level 5. I asked for help with level 1 and 2 many times and I managed to get through 3 and 4 by myself, but level 5 is making me really mad. I have no idea where to go. I see a map I can't get to and other rooms I can't get to. I have 2 keys (I bought them earlier in the game) and opened the doors I could get to. One leads to some stuff and the other just leads to 2 rooms other rooms. 1 is the one where there is a monster with all the flies around it. I finally was able to kill it, but all I got was a fairy. The other room is where I had to headbang to get there. It has 2 red worms and 1 blue worm. I killed them, but can't get through the other door. I know there has to be something to do with the one eye statue but I don't know what. The other big problem I have is the conveyour (sp?) belt. I finally, after forever, kills the fly monster (or whatever it's called) but I can't get onto the other belt. If I try to get to it, I end up falling or just back around. If I try to go right, I end up going into another direction, and it's getting really frustrating. I really really hate to come on here and ask for help, but I've been literally trying for 3 days now to get through there and I'm about to give up. The game is too good to stop now, I just wish it was a little easier. I really hate the idea of having a bunch of invisible walls, in my opinion, it makes no sense. Sorry about the complaining. Thanks for the help, if any.

Lita
08-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Okay, I know it's going to be something simple since I searched this WHOLE thread and apparently NO body had trouble finding the small wallet! lol I assume I've missed some stairs somewhere cause I've headbanged and bombed all the adjecent walls to that middle row of rooms I still haven't got to in L2. But I've been covering my tracks pretty good to check all the pushing and whatnot. So, though I'm going to continue now to Adobe Flats. If someone could hold my hand here and suggest what I might have missed in L2. There's 4 rooms I haven't even seen and of course the one that I haven't figured out how to get to with the Dog Soldier that has flying little puppies around it but I pass under it in the raft (I'm not good enough to know official names of stuff :( ) Anyway, any help would be nice. :O)

Freedom
08-14-2005, 02:49 AM
I'm not sure, maybe this will help
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/tl2full.gif

elise
08-14-2005, 07:35 AM
TheManTreyMan
You need to travel the convenyor belt to get to the main goodies in this level the silver arrow and flippers .
without them you can't beat this level :shrug:
Just try to focus on the belt you are staying on and watch where you want to go even take an extra free ride if you can't hop of or set triggers the first time , and move as little as possible ;)

Lita
08-14-2005, 01:14 PM
First.. I love that map! I had already found it cause I 'did' check ALL the other posts first. It just wasn't helping me figure this particular one out. Other than I should have been able to give you more specifics... sorry.

Now, I pretty much have it figured as to what I need to do to get into those rooms. Because they mirror the ones to the left of them.

If you count 4th screen to right, and 3rd screen up from bottom I'm in the compass screen. I'm having trouble triggering those orbs to get past the raft guardian. Red Orb sword right? NOT that I didn't try the arrows just for funzies...lol. But it won't trigger that left side orb. So, then I thought, maybe it's the other left orb. But I can't GET to that right handed orb. So basically, I'm needing help with which orb how to hold my mouth right if its the left orb. ;)

I just considered the fact that I MAY have to be full of hearts to shoot the sword across to that left orb? Hummmm let me go try that. Oh I bet that's it.. duh! lol Good gracious. lol

Freedom
08-14-2005, 02:33 PM
hookshot across and trigger the red orb to the right.
then once on the raft pad you trigger the center one with the boomerang

TheManTreyMan
08-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Ok, I am in level 5 with the Amulet and the Long Bow. I do know that the Silver Arrow and the Flippers are in here also. I've been just about every (i think I have) except for the rooms passed the statue with the blue eye. I talked to the captian on the north side of the level and he said something about the eye. What am I suppost to do here to get passed the room with the blue eye statue. Also, are the flippers and the silver arrow on the other side, if not, where in the level are they? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, does Freedom have any other images of other levels besides level 2, because that helped me out a lot, lol.

elise
08-14-2005, 06:43 PM
the flippers and the arrow are in the eyes
Look at your map there are two open spaces and remember the walkthrough spots don't have to be in the middle of the wall

Lita
08-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Me again. First, thanks for helping me through that mind block as to being able to hookshot over. I just KNEW I was missing something simple! :rolleyes:

Now...well... I've just about been in front of this puter screen ALL frickin' day...lol. And I still haven't found Adobe Flats. What sucks is I think I might have already run across it in my other travels. That... or I'm reading over this thread too many times...lol. Anyway, could you direct me to Adobe Flats please? Or...a better map? Seems like I might have seen where there may be a site with a map on it since 2.1 has the map issue? I'm just too tired to look again for it right now, maybe later. I'm Sorry.

NOTE to Freedom: I really admire your creativity. And that's not smoke up your a@@... I truly mean that. I am just amazed at some of what you've worked on here. And I'm just through level two. So I can't even imagine what's ahead. But with that said.... OH my Gosh! At the time consumption of this game! :odd: lololol

TheManTreyMan
08-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Go to the southwest corner of the swamp. There is a dock for the raft down there. Go on there and it will take you to a "rainy area". Thats Adobe Flats. Those buildings there are the actual Adobe Flats level.

Freedom
08-15-2005, 02:07 AM
Lita,
thank you, you're going through it a whole lot faster then it took me to build it though :)
I had many a "all friggin day in front of the computer" before it was done :)
sorry I had to turn the overworld map off, there is a bug in the 2.10 player that caused it to trigger overworld secrets which made it possible to get stuck as well as ruining the secrets.

TreyMan,
I only have a few maps, I started it in 183 and upgraded it to 2.10 when it came out, and there is no mapmaker for the 2.10 yet.
sorry.

Lita
08-15-2005, 09:42 AM
TreyMan: Thanks for the heads up on the dock. Going to try and find that now.

Freedom: There is NO doubt in my mind that you ate, drank and slept this game for a long time. ;) Any one can tell you put a lot of time and thought into this game. My hat is off to you. Like I said before though, not only for the work... but for that elusive talent of creativity and imagination. :)

UPDATE:
Another question so I edited this one in. Hope someone sees it so I don't have to double post.

This shield upgrade? I found that chest but started over to save that key since I already had a shield.But! --- IS it the same as the $90 one found in the stores?
PS I'm still looking for something good here in Adobe...lol. I've found entrances and whatnot. The shield and the magic up. But so far... no whistle and no boom. Which I gather the whistle is first? And not even the map! Man! Just when you think you have a gamer figured out as to how they think or do stuff... then you're lost again! lol

TheManTreyMan
08-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Lita: Okay, here's the tricky part. I looked everywhere for the map and the boomerang. I figured out where it was. The room on the bottom row, 4th room from the right. You will see a chest and a doorway to get to the chest, but you can only walk under the platform the chest is on. While your walking in the tunnel under this platform, there is also a tunnel under there that goes north, just walk around under there will you find it. In the next room, use your torch, kill the enemys, get the map, walk through the doorway, and there is the boomerang! Hopefully I explained it well so you know what I'm talkin about, lol.