PDA

View Full Version : Star Fox Assault

idontknow
02-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Is this game worth buying? (Star Fox Assault) I really have my hopes up for this game--If single player is like that of SF64, or better, then that would be great for me, but what i really hope is for a better multiplayer mode.

So, for those that have it, please describe this game in detail and provide ur opinion as to why i should/shouldn't get this game, please.

MottZilla
02-18-2005, 03:49 PM
If you liked Star Fox 64's multiplayer mode, SF Assault will not disappoint you. Far more arenas, independant of player controller number character selection. I.E. player one not always fox.

Unlockable areanas, unlockable pilots (atleast 2), unlockable extra game rule modes.

Single player I'd have to say is good, but it lacks the multi path course layout. There is a single course for the purpose of the story I guess. I would have liked there to be some sort of alternate paths but that's ok. I would definitely say SFA is a must have if you play multiplayer games alot and you liked SF64.

Axel
02-18-2005, 05:07 PM
The mission select screen is nice though, keep replaying it 'till you've got the medal. The foot combat's good, and the tank's much better than before.
I've only gotten the two unlockable characters, maybe there's more. Only thing is, you get Wolf, but not the Wolfen. Unless of course that's unlocked later.

MottZilla
02-18-2005, 09:50 PM
It is. ;) 150 Vs. Matches.

Dart Zaidyer
02-19-2005, 03:37 AM
It looks like they tried to pull in elements from every Star Fox game that existed for this one. Grand music, heated space battles, flying inside giant starbases... And the on-foot missions remind me very much of the unreleased Star Fox 2 for the SNES.
What I don't like is the lack of a star map, the frequency of the on-foot missions, and the horrible HORRIBLE voice-acting. If you didn't think it could get any worse than Star Fox Adventures, you're going to find yourself corrected almost instantly.
Speaking of Adventures, one of the missions actually takes place on Dinosaur Planet. *shudder*

idontknow
02-20-2005, 05:07 PM
I did buy this game and first of all, a few comments:

--Character Voices I liked:
-Panther's
-Star Fox's
-Falco's
-Krystal's
-Star Wolf's

--Character Voices I didn't like:
-Slippy's (Why'd it have to change?)
-Pigma's
-Beltino's (though not nearly as bad as Slippy's)
-Peppy's
-Oikkony's

The Graphics are Amazing!

I hate the fact that the game was made linear :(

Also, there should've been at least two underwater levels, with the Blue-Marine. They could've made it so if you pressed & held X, it would resurface and then you can jump out of it using the Z button like you can other vehicles. Oh well.

Now, Some Questions:

1) What are all the unlockable characters in this game for multiplayer? (I'm hoping to be able to play as Peppy, Pigma, Leon, Panther, and Star Wolf--Rob, General Pepper, and Oikonny might make nice additions as well, but seem very unlikely as playable)

2) And how do i play the story mode cooperatively with friends cuz i dont see an option to do so?

Axel
02-20-2005, 06:07 PM
I've unlocked Peppy and Wolf. If there are more then they're alot harder to get.
You're right about Peppy's new voice, somehow he just sounded better with that accent. Kinda like the pilot from Dr. Strangelove

idontknow
02-21-2005, 12:22 PM
I see, and what about co-op missions? That's not possible as had been expected?

Axel
02-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I seriously doubt it.

MottZilla
02-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Co-Op play seems to only exist in the way that 2 players can team up against another in multiplayer.

Joshua Milton N
03-03-2005, 04:12 PM
This is the best Star Fox game that I've played and it is worth buying if your a big Star Fox fan like me.