PDA

View Full Version : Sound Effects

Wise Link
02-15-2005, 07:24 PM
i had posted about this before but no one answered me so ill try again, when i play zelda classic after awhile the sound effects will cease to work (in all quests) and the only way to get them back is for me to exit zelda classic and then load it back up and doing that is getting really annoying so can someone please tell if there is a way for me to have the sound effects work permanently?

Coder GT
02-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Are you playing quests not made in 2.10, in a 2.10 version of Zelda Quest? Because that could be the problem. Quests older than 2.10 are incompatible with the 2.10 player.

If so, then download the ZC v1.92 Beta 183, or the last release. That is the best player for any ZC quest older than 2.10

Wise Link
02-15-2005, 08:35 PM
yes it happens on those old quests but it also happens on the newer ones as well any idea why?

g.iaroos
02-15-2005, 09:17 PM
are you playing DOS or windows version?

Coder GT
02-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Did you try reinstalling ZC?

Wise Link
02-16-2005, 05:20 PM
im using the windows version and yes i have tried reinstalling it but it doesnt help

Coder GT
02-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Ok, I had an idea today, when I was sleeping. Let's see if I can remember.....Go to Windows Update (http://www.windowsupdate.com/), and see if there is an update for your sound card driver. If that doesn't work, try donwloading an update at http://www.drivershq.com/?af=driversdotcom&bn=4

I don't know if this is going to work, It's a thought.

Wise Link
02-17-2005, 07:40 PM
i went to my updates i wasnt sure if there was any soundcard updates so i updated everything then i went to that site u gave me and it didnt help so im still stuck. another thing to add to when it doesnt work it usually happens right after i kill an enemy or use an item. if you cant help after this than i guess i m stuck with my problem but its ok im used to it by now lol :laughing:

Coder GT
02-17-2005, 07:56 PM
It could be a glitch then, talk to Ganonator or someone involved with building ZC about it.

Freedom
02-17-2005, 08:46 PM
I think it's probably how the drivers are set in ZC itself.
agsetup.exe came with the 190 version and allowed you to set the midi and sound effects drivers, which I had to do all the way up through the 183, but I don't know if it works with the new 2.10 or not since that one works fine for me.

It sounds like exactly what it was doing to me in those older versions where it would work for a while and then turn the sound card off.
So I'd say you have to change what drivers ZC is looking for, and set it to look for what you have.

Wise Link
02-18-2005, 05:01 PM
i hope this doesnt sound dumb but how exactly would i change what drivers its looking for?

Freedom
02-18-2005, 05:24 PM
As I said there is an exe file that comes with the 190 called agsetup.exe.
you put this in the folder with Zelda Classic and double click on it and it gives you set up options.

Like I said though, I don't know if this will work with the new 2.10 because I haven't tried, but it works with betas as recent as the 183, because I did use it with that.

Wise Link
02-22-2005, 04:45 PM
well i dont know what it was but my sound effects havent stopped working for a long time now so something i did must have worked thanks for everyones help on this! :D