PDA

View Full Version : S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Survey:

ShadowTiger
02-14-2005, 02:26 PM
I was going to make this a bit narrower, (Using only Strength, Intelligence, and Agility.) but I decided against it for now.

The question is, using the system from Fallout 1 & 2, (Though just borderline so this applies to you, rather to the game, so it naturally would stay in GenDiscussion.) which do you think you would be the most gifted at?

You can give yourself a rating, on the scale of with 10 being such that most demigods would be representative of, (So only use a 10 or 9 if you REALLY HAVE TO. I'm Serious!) and with a 1 being that of a toaster who's been left back a few years in school.

Once more, try to skew your ratings down a bit, as nobody here is tried-and-true desert rough. We're not superheroes. There -WILL- be people who are infinitely better in your subject than you are at that skill. Therefore, a trait of 5, is actually better than "average" for most of us. A lot of us would be so very, very envious of even a trait of 7. Most of the well built action game heroes have traits only in the 7's and 8's, rather than the 9's and 10's we'd expect. So please, PLEASE, remember to vary your ratings like that. Exceptionally high ratings (like 8's) will be examined with much skepticism.

BH4's Ratings:

Strength: 5 My upper body is fairly normal, though I may occasionally find myself losing in an arm wrestling match with someone very similar to me. My lower body, however, is prime. I can push upwards of 400 pounds with my legs. (And this thread, of all places, is NOT the place for exaggeration.) If I had a way of proving that to you, I certainly would. I walk all the time, and I can tell you, there is NO fat in my legs. They're rock solid. And I bloody earned them. :glare:

Perception: 8 I see a lot of things people don't. My eyesight is better at night than it is in the day. I need glasses to view the blackboard at near any distance, but seeing non-written or non-expression based objects or structures, I have absolutely no problem with at any distance. ... This perception rating is applied to both my intellect and visual abilities.

Endurance: 5 Physically, I tend to give up in a fight a bit too quickly. It's mostly knowing what my strengths are, and not seeing a point in engaging in that particular argument or fight. I also run out of breath fairly quickly, but I'm training to overcome this, and restore functions as quickly as possible. (Or at least before others. :P )

Charisma: 7 ... Let me put it this way. I told my driving test proctor that I had a speech impediment, and I got a perfect score when I got back. :P I've charmed people into giving me their own possessions. When I go to other peoples' houses via invitation, I'm the first person their parents would rather see back there on any given day. Damn impressive. ;)

Intelligence: 6 Much like perception, I see a lot of things others don't. I'm not -SMART,- in that I test well, or know a lot of facts and such, but I can see where things are going, where they've been, reasons behind things, etc.

Agility: 6 If I had to choose between Strength, Intelligence, or Agility, I would DEFINITELY, without a DOUBT, pick Agility. So why is this value so low, relative to my brief boastings? ( :P ) It's due in part to the sad fact that I cramp up fairly easily, and I can't stretch as far as others can. I can't easily do the half-lotus, or touch both hands behind my back, (One over, one under.) And I can't jump over garbage cans like a lot of (dumb) people I've seen can. HOWEVER, I AM training for speed. I run faster than almost anyone I've ever raced before. I've begun taking stairs three at a time now on a regular basis. It's very envigorating, really. :) It's my own personal pride above all else.

Luck: 6 Not sure what to tell you, really. We all know that you MAKE your own luck, but there are some things out of your control. When the bus arrives, for example. Sometimes you're lucky, and the bus is already there, and is nearly empty. That's good luck. Sometimes, you have to wait half an hour for it, you can't get a seat, the bus stalls, there's heavy traffic, AND you have to use the restroom. X_X THAT is bad luck. :XD:

Rate yourself. :)

EDIT: BEWARE HIGHER VALUES!
A value of 9, in say, strength, would imply that you could lift a car all by yourself. If Duke Nukem himself is to be the top 10, or AT LEAST #9, relative to the rest of us, you shouldn't be able to lift a car if Duke Cannot. An agility of 9 or 10 implies that you're so fast people can barely see you. I am EXTREMELY Agile, with Agility being by far my greatest value, but I'm nowhere near as agile as the flash. Thus, please gauge your values accordingly. Thanks.

Archibaldo
02-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Strength: 6 I'm not incredibly weak but I'm not as strong as an ox either. I can do the basic stuff, lift furniture, shovel the drive way, etc.

Perception: 8 I'm actually quite observant. But sometimes I miss things if I'm distracted.

Endurance: 4 I have a low endurance. But I can hold our for a awhile.

Charisma: 8 I'm quite a character. I'm polite , sensitive, and kind. And I'm not a total asshole.

Intelligence: 8 I'm usually on the honour role (80%+) except when I slack off.

Agility: 6 I can be fast when I need to. And I maneuvre(sp?) quite easily.

Luck: 7 I'd say I'm pretty lucky. I've won a good share of raffles. Like the one time I won a 1000 gram chocolat bar on my birthday during a school wide raffle.

DarkDragon
02-14-2005, 10:18 PM
I'd rather do the traditional

STR - 10
DEX - 9
CON - 11
INT - 16
WIS - 8
CHA - 14

Ovi
02-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Well...

Strength: 2! I know that is terribly low, I might be underestimating myself (I probably am) The truth is that I am skinny and weak. I don't know why I'm like this, but I am very very weak compared to other people

Perception: 4 when slacking 8 when paying attention. I think that I have a great mind, although I slack off way to often, and because of that, I often miss important things. But when I'm not slacking, I find that I can be very observant. I'm the guy who answers the question in class before the teacher finishes asking it because most of the time he has mentioned it earlier in that same lesson and unlike most ppl, I remembered. If you mean in eyesight, then I'd give myself a 7, I don't have to wear glasses or contacts, but I can't see through walls either

Endurance: 3. Another low rating. I've never been good at enduring anything for long. I give up to soon. (I'm talking about physical endurance)

Charisma: 7. I'm that guy who although lives in Pennsylvania, and was born in Romania, has this wonderful British accent. I'm also that guy who often finds himself holding the doors for other ppl. I also tend to use phrases like "I'm honored to meet you" and such, something that can actually make ppl feel special.

Intelligence: 8. Yep, this, I believe is my overall strength. I bet you've noticed that I make a lot of typos, but that's because English is not my primary language. I also tend to make a fool out of myself when I use 'rubber' instead of 'eraser' (I learned the English form of English, not the American one) But knowing my situation and seeing my grades, you'd be surprised. I am one of the 3 or 4 Freshman in High School who are taking Chem (everyone else is taking IPS or Biology) and I'm with the integrated 3 kids (which aren't kids, they're 2 years older than me) rather than the integrated 1 kids I should be in. And of course, the main thing that I think makes me an intelligent person is philosophy. You won't find many 14 year olds who are always thinking about philosophy, but I am one of them.

Agility: 6 Other than aerobatics, this is the one aspect of fitness that I am good at.

Luck: 5. At times I am very lucky, but I think that when I am, it isn't because of luck, but because I thought through problems and didn't just jump in to everything without a thought. Then at other times, my luck stinks. Everyone's luck varies, so I don't think that anyone here should have a 7 or above. We have good days, and bad days. Today was a good day for me, but yesterday sucked that's just the way it goes.