PDA

View Full Version : 2.10test Fully Fixed

Coder GT
02-13-2005, 05:36 PM
I dunno, if I'm allowed to post this or not, but seeing as how everyone is saying that they are having trouble beating the quest with the numerous bugs in the quest, I fixed them all, and here it is to download, in case no one saw the link when I posted it in a topic...

First of all, I modified Decipher's version even more...

What I fixed
-Removed the bomb that he put one screen above the Overworld start position
-Changed the bomb limit to the normal first quest maximum of "8"
-Disabled magic, disable need for magic with candle and wand
-Level 4 was missing a boss key, the door that would supposedly lead, I guess underground to the key, didn't work, now you can get the boss key, I just put it on or in front of the door, you can only have one item per room, so the map was moved to the room to the left of this one

Anyone who said that you can't buy the bomb max upgrades, is wrong, they are still on levels 5 and 7

BTW, to anyone who saw my post in another topic. No, the ground for the Ganon fight in level 9 is not completely covered, I re-downloaded the 2.10test, so that the level 9 would be as if it was never changed, meaning you can fall off the cliff and land into that room, and basically the fight is restarted. If you plan on beating the game then you better get that mirror shield, as well as if you care about the compass for level 9.

That's it, enjoy, and beat the game!

http://fast.filespace.org/Tubz/2.10test (http://fast.filespace.org/Tubz/2.10test)

ZTC
02-14-2005, 01:06 PM
downloaded

Zero Wing
02-14-2005, 01:12 PM
hmm...
maybe I can fit some time in my schedule to play this ;)

Coder GT
02-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Alright, thanks, now it would be nice if the 46 other people who probably downloaded this, would reply.

Freedom
02-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Why would they need to reply?
My quests have been downloaded 1000's of times yet only have around 22 ratings, and then only a couple of comments.

All I can say is don't hold your breath.

Ganonator
02-14-2005, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't get so uptight about a quest that you 'fixed'. Do you think DN and Big Joe get happiness spread to them for their work on this quest?

BTW, your fixes are flawed.

-Removed the bomb that he put one screen above the Overworld start position
Should remain. It was in the original.
-Changed the bomb limit to the normal first quest maximum of "8"
Fine.
-Disabled magic, disable need for magic with candle and wand
This is to show off that magic works. IF anything, just increase the amounts and set 1/2 magic working.
-Level 5 was missing a boss key, the door that would supposedly lead, I guess underground to the key, didn't work, now you can get the boss key, I just put it on or in front of the door, you can only have one item per room, so the map was moved to the room to the left of this one
That was level 4. If I were doing this, i'd put that key in the room with the manhandla north of the 10-rupee room, so the map is in the right place.
EDIT:: just change how that little island warp is layed out with a fully walkable stair combo.

\rant

Anita Mitchem
02-14-2005, 02:59 PM
How do you get level 8 to open. Because I can't get the blue candle to work. My second question is does any one know what the password is for Demo Ex? [email protected]

Ganonator
02-14-2005, 03:08 PM
the candle requires magic. if this was fully fixed as advertised, you'd have 8 magic containers. Otherwise, you can't.

Demo Ex has a password because Nightmare made it. He doesn't want you seeing how to get through the quest.

ZTC
02-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Why would they need to reply?
My quests have been downloaded 1000's of times yet only have around 22 ratings, and then only a couple of comments.

All I can say is don't hold your breath.

heh, that's better than what I've gotten :sweat:
I'll have to look into some of the features...

Coder GT
02-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Ok, ok, let me say a few thigns. Magic does not work in this quest, either that or I have no idea where to pick up the magic from. Whoops about the bomb, but who cares. Oh, I might have said the wrong level, I however, did put it in the right spot. Umm, I don't care who downloads this or not, I put it up so people can get a fixed version instead of having to do it themselves. Bombs are so easy to collect It's not funny, so it doesn't matter that I removed that bomb. From what I heard, that bomb was put there as a test.

I just wanted someone to reply to say if this was working, like it should. I beat the quest with my fixes, and everything went as planned.

And I don't know how to use warps, bleh someone can take this and fix it up if they want to. Pass the dro.

Like I said before, someone can take this quest, kill off the non-magic use, and plant magic where it's supposed to be in it's respectable places. Hey, I tried, haha.

Wise Link
02-14-2005, 05:27 PM
i downloaded the fixed version now how do i use it? and dont say look in the rules cause i cant figure out what that is trying to say.

Wise Link
02-14-2005, 05:29 PM
srry i meant faqs not rules but what i meant to say anyway was i did what it said but the new quest i downloaded as well as custom ones i did wouldnt show up does anyone know why this is?

Coder GT
02-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Most likely if you already started the 2.10test, you won't be able to play this one. Delete that file, download this overwrite your old one, start a new game and choose "2.10test.qst"

Wise Link
02-14-2005, 08:25 PM
thanks alot coder it worked! :D

Coder GT
02-15-2005, 03:29 PM
NP, finally I fixed someone's problem!