PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a future quest

boram_c
02-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Seeing that Zelda Classic has expanded its abilities to star other video game greats, like Mario, Samus, and Megaman, I will provide my suggestion:

In the mid-90s, RPG games grew in popularity, and the entire market moved to meet the high demand. To counter the success of Nintendo's Zelda series, Sega created the Shining series (Shining Force 1, 2, & 3, for instance). Now that Sega has downgraded to making games for other consules (mainly for former rival Nintendo), work on the Shining series games has slowed down.

If someone would like to create a Zelda Classic quest involving Shining Force II characters, it would be great. Because I am a newbie at game design, I'll allow someone else to make my brainchild a reality. If you want a storyline, I'll offer this one:

Shining Triforce:
After getting defeated by Link for the millionth time (considering how many quests are available), Ganon decides to take a break from Hyrule and invade another land. He crosses an interdimensional portal and winds up on Grans Island (where Shining Force 2 takes place). He spies around the island, looking for ways to stir up trouble and, possiblly, earn a king's ransom. He happens upon the Kingdom of Granseal and spies upon the King and his daughter, Princess Elis. Seeing this opportunity to regain honor as a villian and hold a king hostage to his demands, Ganon sneaks into Granseal Castle in the middle of the night, whacks every guard who appoaches him with his magic, abducts the Princess, and flees into the Ancient Tower just north of Granseal.

Bowie, the hero of Shining Force 2 and personal bodyguard of the Princess, was among those felled down and knocked out by Ganon's magic; unlike the other troops, however, Bowie survived with minor injuries. He eventually awakens in his bed at his house, surrounded by his mother and friends, all who were worried about his condition. Sarah, the healer who helped Bowie in Shining Force 2, explains what happened the night before:

A villian named Ganon had kidnapped the Princess, killed many of King Granseal's finest guards, and knocked Bowie out with his powerful magic. After Ganon fled into the Ancient Tower, Sir Astral, the King's advisor, and Bowie's longtime friends, including Sarah, the healer; Chester, the centar knight; Jaha, the Dwarven warrior; Kazan, the mage; and others headed straight to the Ancient Tower to finish what Bowie started: protect and save the Princess.

They arrived at the entrance of the tower only to find it locked by some magical force. Gannon laughed at the team, saying that they need the eight scattered pieces of the Triforce of Light (as opposed to the Jewel of Light, which was instramental in Shining Force 2) to enter. It was also determined that Ganon now possessed a certain Triforce of Evil (as opposed to the Jewel of Evil, also instramental in Shining Force 2). Distraught, the team went back to the scene of the abduction to see if any troops could be healed; among the guards attacked by Ganon's magic, only Bowie survived. The team carried the unconscious Bowie back to his house, and while most of the team kept guard of Granseal to deter other attacks, Sarah stayed at Bowie's bedside to ensure his healing…

Now awake and fully recovered, Bowie set out, alone for the first time, to find these pieces of the "Triforce of Light". These pieces are scattered across not only Grans Island, but also on the Eastern continent of Parmecia, each guarded by Ganon's most loyal monsters, most of them who are former followers of Zeon looking to get revenge on Bowie. Bowie will not be totally alone: Sarah can provide Bowie some life potion, once she is provided a formula for such a potion. Sir Astral will periodically provide Bowie adivce around the land and even within the dungeons.

Can Bowie rescue Princess Elis again and defeat an enemy from another dimension? Push Start!

Here's a website that can give a potential designer some help in constructing this quest:

http://sf2.shiningforcecentral.com/index.html

Kry
03-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Looks like you put a lot of thought into this I think you should make the quest.

boram_c
03-02-2005, 11:59 AM
I am a newbie at game design, and I probably don't have the time to do such a quest with my skill level; I am just offering ideas that others can adopt.

SoStaci
03-02-2005, 02:01 PM
That's a very creative idea boram :) I like it.