PDA

View Full Version : The Revenge of Dark Link: Story Preview

Kamaria
02-07-2005, 09:36 AM
(This is for 2.1, I'm actually pretty used to the older versions, so this shouldn't be too hard to handle. I've just figured out layering and why it's important thanks to BH4. :D Anyway, here's your story preview. I'll post screenshots when they're finalized.)

The Revenge of Dark Link

The incident with the sorcerer was over. Zelda had awoken from her cursed slumber, thanks to the powers of all three Triforces. The Triforce of Courage and Wisdom were inherited once again by Link and Zelda. The Triforce of Power disappeared into the night, never seen again from that point on, absent of an owner.

But would it stay that way forever?

Link had battled his evil shadow and emerged victorious, but the small portion of darkness that still remained, that had been created into Dark Link by the guardian of the Triforce of Courage, was still active.

Day after day it began to slowly seep at Link, draining the powers of his sacred triangle from within, until one day Link awoke and the Triforce of Courage had faded on his hand into a black triangle. And then, the newly recharged Dark Link took control of the real Link as if he were a mere puppet, nearly forcing him to destroy the King of Hyrule. But Link would not allow himself to do this, so with his willpower, he banished Dark Link from the corridors of his soul. Dark Link had taken on form again, and this time Link would destroy him properly.

They battled with all of their strength across the castle, leaving a trail of blood in their wake. Finally, it was Link who ran Dark Link through, once again piercing his heart, just as Dark Link cut into his side. Barely alive, Dark Link fled, his power wasting away. He made the journey up into Death Mountain, and into the lair of the Great Evil King Ganon, who had died years ago. With his last breath, he drove his dark sword into the ashes of Ganon, allowing the blood on his sword to seep in, pouring in his strength. It was said that Ganon could be revived with the blood of the hero who had defeated him, and that was his goal. As Dark Link faded, Ganon arose, eager to resume his quest to fill the world with darkness. He sought out the Triforce of Power, which was not far away at all. It had come to Death Mountain, seemingly attracted by Ganon's lure.

2 years later, Ganon attacked Hyrule Castle, destroying the King and laying waste to the entire castle. He began to fill the kingdom of Hyrule with a fog of black energy. Anyone who did not flee was consumed. Hyrule belonged to Ganon once again...or did it?

Link had fled deep into the Lost Woods, his Triforce of Courage still black and powerless. He was on sacred ground where Ganon's minions coud never reach, where the Master Sword lay resting. He had heard of a legendary underground cavern where ancient Hyruleans had made shrines to the eight Sages of legend. The only way he could enter Ganon's Castle was to go to each shrine and ask each Sage for power, so that he could make the Triforce of Courage shine again.

But is Link's shadow nemesis still alive somewhere?

ShadowTiger
02-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Looks outstanding, Kamaria. :) I'm very happy that you managed to get layering down! :kawaii: Pretty soon, you'll get events down pat, multiple undercombos, block puzzles, custom bosses, and all the other nifty tricks. :D

I can't wait to see further progress. ;)

Kamaria
02-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Aheh...I'll have to ask you about THOSE.