PDA

View Full Version : One time warp

eXodus
02-07-2005, 02:54 AM
I am basically looking for a dungeon room which is different the first time you enter it. It should take you to a room in a different DMap as soon as you enter if you haven't already been there before. Any ideas?

merder
02-07-2005, 04:08 AM
have you tried using secret combo's that's activated right after link step's on the warptile?
that might work don't know if it does though.

Kairyu
02-07-2005, 09:43 AM
I'd say, put a trigger tile where the warp is, and when Link steps on it it turns into a Combo which starts as a pit but immediately turns into a solid object or floor. So the warp will exist every time they enter the room after it's activated, but the player can only reach it the first time, when they start off on the warp.

eXodus
02-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Um, if I'm hearing you right, you want me to do this:

/----- ----\
|----- ----|
|----- ----|
|----*----|
\----A----/

Where * has both a pit and a trigger on it. The room has a "Trigger -> Secret (Perm.)" that turns the pits in front of the door into normal floor. Sounds like it could work.

The question is, will Link fall through the first time and activate the trigger? Or will he hit the trigger first, turning off the pits? Or will he never touch the trigger because of the pits activating first?

Kairyu
02-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Not quite... Let me try again.
You have 3 combos. The first is a Trigger tile. When Link steps on it, it turns into the second combo. The second combo is a Warp, but it is set to Combo Cycle to combo 3 right away, and combo three isn't a warp.
This means that, every time Link enters the room after stepping on the trigger, the combo turns into a warp, but it turns into not-a-warp right after that, so Link can only reach it in time to warp if he starts on the combo.

Was that easier to read?

eXodus
02-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Actually, yes it was. I didn't know the timer on combo cycling was active while Link is walking through the door (I didn't think it would, seeing as it's still part of the scrolling). BTW, you did take the scrolling between rooms into account, didn't you? Or is this supposed to be done on the outer half of the door?

Kairyu
02-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Ah, sorry, my bad. I thought this was for a tile in the middle of a room. But, I think it should still work if you use it on the screen you're entering from instead of the screen itself... I think.