PDA

View Full Version : Link to Tortuga Preview

Freedom
02-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Just of the story...
Princess Zelda returning from a diplomatic mission by sea is swashbuckled and captured by pirates and taken to the Island of Tortuga, where rumor has it she is being held for a randsom of eight blue pearls, and of course it's up to Link to go and get her back.

=========================== :)

This is finished and has been turned over to the folks testing it, and should be out shortly.
It's for the new 2.10 player and according to a couple of the testers... not for the faint hearted.

On with the show, here are some preview shots;

Link to Tortuga Preview (http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/ZC/tortuga.htm)

ShadowTiger
02-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Freedom, you never cease to astound me. ;) :thumbsup: I am so incredibly impressed. I want level 9 to be a surprise though. ;) I'm expecting something super-cool, like a starlit background, or some Cset 9 trick. Perhaps a "Majora's Mask Moon"-like setting, with peace and quiet, tranquility, then a huge surprise at the end. ... But I'm just counting wishes here.

If you ever need last minute custom items or weapons, I get them done very quickly. ;)

JayeM
02-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Looks great, Freedom! I like the variety in the dungeon "decor". Tortuga means turtle...does that play any part in the quest?

Ganonator
02-07-2005, 04:03 PM
wow.. the overworld is absolutely ginormous. I'm excited to see this after it's come out. and to see how faint of heart i am :rolleyes:

ZTC
02-07-2005, 04:31 PM
*whistles* looking pretty good! :D

Freedom
02-07-2005, 05:28 PM
JayeM,
Yes, It's the Tortuga (turtle) Island of pirate fame... turtles everywhere, and crabs.
Some turtles react to a sword, others to a hammer, and yet others to nothing at all, while yet others aren't even really turtles... so you have to watch them closely, so says Abei.

Ganonator,
I doubt it will give you too much trouble, more mind games then hard fighting.

Thanks BH4 & Cyborg, hope you guys are going to enjoy it, It will probably be my last, I've been working on it since around last May or so I think, anyway whenever I released SFE, and just can't afford that kind of time anymore.

carrot red
02-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Simple amazing. I can't wait to play this one, I would love to explore all that Overworld space and I like the colors you picked for your dungeons.

By the way, you don't have to work on such enormous projects; you could still make smaller quests now that we have amazing new possibilities with ZC 2.10.

Freedom
02-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Carrot red,
Oh I didn't mean I was quitting all together.
I'm going to be working on a tileset that mixes Minish Cap and other tiles and I figure that will take me ages to get anywhere with.
I just don't expect to really be working on or realeasing any more quests any time soon, but I might release some of the tiles or little demos along the way.
Also I want to update my older quests to the 2.10 so they will all be uniform and people don't need to worry about having different versions to play them all.

When I do release another quest, it will be totally unlike anything I've done in the past, I already have the name and storyline all decided, and the general overworld pictured in my mind, I just think it will take me a long long time to get a tileset for it together.

elise
02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
I had the privilege to be one of the testers and believe me this is a great quest
the eyecandy , the game play , the difficulty .......... the well everything
one big wooooooooooow
Freedom you did it again this isn't a five star but a six star quest ;)