PDA

View Full Version : Please READ: ATTN - All Zelda Quest Fans [Abuse of Patras & Gleeoks]

Coder GT
02-07-2005, 12:53 AM
What is up with so many people abusing Gleeoks and Patras in their quests. I really want to know why. I mean you have a level 1 sword, and no defense and people are putting like 2-5 patras in rooms, It's rediculous, these monsters are not meant to be fought with when you have poor equipment. Two quests that did this in the middle of the game were:
-Death Mountain
-Escape From Jail

Gleeoks too, people are making like so many headed Gleeoks, what's the deal, why, why? I think this is the biggest concern in bad quests, this makes a quests go bad very quickly.

Who agrees?

BFeely
02-07-2005, 10:15 AM
If these are version 1.90 quests, do not use 2.10 or you may have an overabundance of patras. Try using one of the 1.92 betas.

Coder GT
02-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Whoa! Didn't know that. How do you check quest versions?

Ganonator
02-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I respect your request CoderGT, and look at the most successful quests that have come out in the past few years. HD, MMDWR, heck, even SD and ML were very good because the level design was great, not the action.

Keep this in mind, questers. You want to think of that clutch boss that will make your game great? make it a puzzle instead. I feel a lot more rewarded by solving a difficult puzzle than beating a difficult boss. This feeling is doubled when i defeat a custom boss, one that requires puzzle solving to be defeated.

Coder GT
02-07-2005, 05:48 PM
I think BFeely is right, there is probably a glitch causing a multiplication of enemies. It always happens in the second dungeon though.

g.iaroos
02-07-2005, 07:47 PM
It does not multiply the enemies, it just replaces them ... but the replacement can be fatal as you can see :scared:

EDIT : (100th POST !!!)

Phazite
02-10-2005, 08:30 PM
The fighting in my quests isn't so hard. I use more puzzles and exploring than hard fighting.
There are some quests that I've played where the boss is too hard
though.

Questwizard88
02-11-2005, 11:46 AM
I think its ok to have a difficult boss, as long as it follows these four things:

First, and most important, always give the proper equipment that will be needed to defeat the boss. Nobody wants to try to defeat a Gleeok 2 with only a wooden sword, no ring, and three heart containers.
Don't go off putting most, or all of the following in a single room: Traps in corner and center, trap combos, damage combos all over room, Zora, falling rocks, 50 or so fire-shooting statues, Death Knight, bosses, tons of bosses, and to top it all off, Ganon.
Save the hard stuff for later in the game. I sure wouldn't want to attempt to beat a Death Knight in level 1. Levels 8 or 9 would be ok, as those are supposed to be difficult.
When making a battle arena, make sure the player will have all the equipment they will need to beat the monsters. It gets very annoying if you go in, expecting to be able to beat everything, but with some challenge, and only to find that you need a super bomb, which you don't have, and have no way of getting without dying. Just make sure to follow the first idea about equipment when making battle arenas that will have a prize such as an item that you need to beat the quest. The player should at least have a chance, instead of starting and dying right away, because they didn't have a good enough sword.