PDA

View Full Version : Help with Link + his Items

Jedi Knight
02-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Ok, I want my quest to have Link start out in a black tunic :evil: . And I want him to change clors as he goes along.

Example: Link is wereing the back tunic. He swithes his B item to the Boomerang and his tunic becomes blue. Then he switches to Din's Fire and his tunic becomes red.

How is this done??!! I can't even get him to start in the black tunic.

Plus, can I make Link lose an item after he gets it???

:( HELP PLEASE!

DeFray
02-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Ummm....the stuff you want to do isn't possible in the way you want to do it.

To make him start in a black tunic just go into your tile menu and recolor your Link tiles so his tunic is black. And you can't make him lose an item-once Link picks up an item, he keeps it for good.

You don't have enough control over Link's colors to be able to change them whenever he changes items. You can change them whenever he picks up a new item, though, using the Link Tile Mod system in 2.10. I don't really know how, so you'll have to hope someone else can explain that.

Jedi Knight
02-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks... I also need some help with layers plz

DeFray
02-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Here's a description from idontknow's tutorial.

http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/layers.html

Also keep in mind that the first color in each cset is always invisible when you put it on a layer. That's why some tilesets have treetops and such on black backgrounds-the black is a transparent color, so the treetops look fine if you put them on a layer.

Jedi Knight
02-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks! :) I'll check it out

*b*
02-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Ummm....the stuff you want to do isn't possible in the way you want to do it.
actually, I believe you can, using the Link Tile Mod. copy Link's Tiles (in their exact same positions) underneath Link's existing ones, and edit his tunic color. then go into the boomerang edit dialogue, and set the Link Tile Mod value to 40. it should, when you equip the boomerang, change Link's color. I haven't played around with this yet, but I do seem to remember DN saying something about how the LTM's affect is triggered with equipment, as well as each item you equip

Kairyu
02-08-2005, 03:21 PM
The Link Tile Mod activates when you pick up the item, not just while it's equipped. "Equipped" was probably reffering to armors and shields.

DeFray
02-08-2005, 03:56 PM
http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=10085&s=83ac7b445d0d73b16b9128739545a6d

If you feel like seeing some more about Link Tile mods, this topic discusses it a bit.