PDA

View Full Version : 8 year olds better at gaming???

Steezy20
02-05-2005, 08:50 AM
How come I could complete Zelda when I was 8, but now I can only do a third of it??? :mad: :odd:

Gallstaff
02-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Probably because now your life is busier and you've know there is lots of good other stuff you could be doing. That's why I can never beat games quickly. It's a process for me.

I think the older you are, the better at games you are because I have an NES game called Astyanax whihc is a pretty hard game. My nbrother got it when he was in like 2nd grade and no one could beat the second level. Then just recently, we got the NES back out and he beat it very easily. I still have a hard time but I can pass the second level.

g.iaroos
02-05-2005, 10:26 AM
A few months ago, I finished Zelda 1 with everything in like an hour and 9 minutes ... now I know what I can do when I have a free hour ... finish Zelda 1 :P

vegeta1215
02-05-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm better at video games now.

When I was 8, I couldn't beat the 4th dungeon of the 2nd quest in The Legend of Zelda, and couldn't beat the 2nd dungeon in Zelda II. Both games are pretty easy to me now (yes even Zelda II)

Rijuhn
02-05-2005, 02:11 PM
I know I'm better at video games, but I just have such a busy life now that I realize the place video games have on my priorities list, ie. it's not on there. I can play video games and get far in them, but if I encounter any problems I put it up because I don't have the patience and time at this point in my life to continue playing.

Superstrider
02-05-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm definitely better at video games then I was when I was a kid. (I was pretty good then, also... Considering I was the only one in my house that could beat Super Mario World.) I'm in college now, and I still look for people better than me. (It's kinda hard to find them...)

Naturally, I practice with games that require quick reflexes. (Example: Sonic Heroes.)

KingOfHeart
02-05-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm better at understanding certain things now then I was a kid.
When I was young I couldn't get too far in Double Dragon with many lives. When I got older I was actualy able to beat that game. Yes, I used a game genie but that is the old way I could.
I also beat double dragon 3 as I got older as well with cheats.
To beat a game you must also keep calm. If you get streesed out from dying a lot this could be one reason to beat a game as a kid but not go as far when you get older.

Ganonator
02-05-2005, 05:21 PM
you guys are taking this way out of context.

When I was 6, i could blow through the second quest in about 2 hours. Now, I don't know a single 6-year-old who could even beat the first quest.

of course, we were used to games that didn't give any direction. Now, i can hardly get through Minish Cap because of all the damn dialog and limitations

SSJ3500
02-05-2005, 08:31 PM
I don't neccicarily think kids around the age of 8 or so are really better at the games than they are years later, rather that they have more time to spend on them then. When you were 8, what did you really have to do? Go to school, come home, do your multiplication math homework that takes about 10 minutes, and play videogames until bed time. That leaves you with plenty of time to memorize what to do and the best way to do it. The only reason I was so good at the games I'm no longer good at then was because I played through them so many times, after not playing them for several years I can't do as well even though I remember how to.

I'm pretty sure if I hadn't stopped playing games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Ocaraina of Time, and started playing Super Smash Bros Melee, Halo, and Counterstrike, I would be able to play the old ones even better than I used to be able to.

Raichu86
02-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm better at video games now, but I'm also a lot less patient with them. I used to struggle for hours with games and not give up until I eventually won. Now if it's beyond my skill level or I'm having a bad day, I don't try for very long before just moving on to something else. :shrug: