PDA

View Full Version : Pogoshell X for GBA - Help!

punkonjunk1024
02-04-2005, 08:14 PM
OK, so I made a big long thread on all my questions at pocketheaven.com/boards. Cool place. Unfortunately, people seem to be sidestepping my pogoshell questions.
So, here they are, directly from that post in teh forum -
2) I've tried pogoshell, and was much too lazy to figure it out. Can someone tell me andantages? I know it will load NES roms, but so will the pocketnes converter. Besides that, text files, and images, what does this have over the simplicity of a simple menu listing roms?
4) In regards to pogoshell, if I DO start using it, based on any answers that might sway me in that direction, how would I go about creating different wallpaper images? I've tried creating and replacing 240x160 images, and I've tried converting them with Bimbo, but none of them will work. Also, will pogoshell play any type of music file? And is there a site actually explaining pogoshell indepth? I didn't see one at the pogoshell site, where I got the program from.
EDIT: Yeah, I'm trying out stuff with pogoshell right now. Someone else confirmed what I said about SRAM, so I figure I'll give it a shot. but I still need some information - How do I add roms, do I have to create a new pogoshell rom? I run the pogoshell xrom program, and flash that. But... what if I want to add something? how do I? or do I add the roms seperate from that, anyhow, and pogoshell will still recognize them, maybe? It's alot of waiting and testing, and if I'm missing some pogoshell tutorial somewhere that answers these questions, and my first ones regarding pogoshell, point me to it, that would be totally awesome.

Thats all from my posts at that forum. basically, tell me about pogoshell, or direct me to a link. AND NO THE POGOSHELL HOMEPAGE HAS NOTHING. I've checked a thousand times. it sucks.
Not to sound angry, but the obvious is not the answer. I'm having alot of trouble with this, and every pogoshell flash takes "971 seconds"... which is awhile. if I want to do it like 12 or 20 times for experimentation.
Bleck.
Thanks much, though.

Gerudo
02-04-2005, 09:13 PM
and was much too lazy to figure it out.there's your main problem.

i've never used pogoshell, but i am quite sure there is extensive documentation on it's website.

punkonjunk1024
02-04-2005, 09:38 PM
http://www.obsession.se/pocket/shell.html
thats the pogoshell website. completely unhelpful. I checked the FAQ, and everything there. I need advanced help with it, and can get none. to "figure it out" myself would take something close to 15+ hours, most of which my GBA would be flashing stuff. At which time I cannot play my GBA, because it is flashing.
Basically, I'm just looking for help from someone who knows the utility better than me. I'm a total n()()b to it, and need help. I know I've heard of people referencing doing the things I need to know, but I don't know how.
And of course heard is totally figurative. Read would be more appropriate.

firebug
02-05-2005, 06:06 AM
what exactly are you trying to do with your flash cart? if all you want to do is play NES roms, i recommend pocketNES, which you already seem to know about... i didn't know pogoshell did anything different. :shrug:

:EDIT: just did some slight (two minutes worth) research on pogoshell.. it actually looks pretty cool, being able to have the manuals and other type files on your flash cart too.. i never thought of that.

punkonjunk1024
02-06-2005, 03:05 PM
I would use pocket NES, but that swells up alot. Pogoshell can just play a rom at a time, without taking up gross amounts of filespace.
I Basically want to understand it better, to a point where I can use it efficiently.
I want to know how to transfer all my SRAM saves from each game into pogoshell, I want to know how to create/replace the crud wallpaper, (I don't even LIKE snails...) And I want to know where to find plug ins. and yeah, it does rule. basically, every little program created for GBA rolled into a lil ball.