PDA

View Full Version : Link stuck in item cave

cconn
02-04-2005, 07:10 PM
I need a little help here, I am still learning and am following the tutorial. I am trying to make the cave where you get the white sword after the raft trip, but two things, my "secret combo" screen looks nothing like the one shown in the tutorial, so I can't seem to find the correct tile for a bomb cave. And also, when i just make a cave there and link it to the item room(80), link appears in the top of the room above the old man, stuck in the rocks. Any help would be appreciated.

Ganonator
02-04-2005, 07:53 PM
You don't want to have a warp on this screen. Instead, turn off the warp and set it back to 'Cave / Item Room' type on Dmap 0.

In the Data menu, go to 'Guy', and select Abei. On message string, pick your string. Next, go to 'Room type' and set as 'special item'. For the item, select 'Special Item' and then select the item.

Hope this helps

Phazite
02-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok, you need a bomb flag instead of a combo/tile/thing.
I've never seen Link get stuck in a cave like that, but try going to screen 80 and setting the green square thing.

DeFray
02-04-2005, 08:00 PM
EDIT
Shoot! Two more posts as I was typing mine!
Okay, read their answers. They're simpler and they're right.

If your secret combo screen looks totally different, it might be because you're using 2.10. If you are, you'll probably be seeing a whole lot of tabs across the top and saying "What the @@ are these?!" Just go to the Bomb tab and set the combo for the regular bomb, not the super bomb. That should take care of it. And if you can't figure out which combo to use, keep in mind that you can push PageUp and PageDown to look at more combo pages. You really shouldn't need to do that, though; I believe the cave entrance combo you're looking for will be combo number 54.

As far as entering the cave, I'm not sure why ZQuest would be giving you difficulty with that when you're setting an item room; nevertheless, I think I know how you could fix it. When you're on your main editor screen, you know how you've got the menu bit at the bottom of your screen all the time? Push PageDown and it should switch to a menu with five pictures. These are used to set locations onscreen. The Rupee one sets the location of items you insert (not special items, just regular ones), and the blue and green ones set places where Link appears. The flag one you shouldn't need because you can use F8, and the stairs one is sorta obsolete.

To fix your problem set the blue and green squares just inside the entrance to your cave. That way Link should appear there instead of appearing in the upper left corner.

Oh, and hey, welcome to the forums! :D

cconn
02-04-2005, 09:11 PM
ok, I got it to go in the item cave right, but i still cant get the bomb cave to work. I set a bomb flag on the rock, with the combo set as number 54, but when i play it there is an open cave there, no bomb required. And i am using version 1.92

Freedom
02-04-2005, 09:53 PM
You put a wall there and put the open cave combo in the bomb combo slot in secret combos.
then place flag 4 then when playing and you place a bomb it replaces the wall with the open cave door you placed in secret combos

cconn
02-05-2005, 03:52 AM
Tried that, dont work. Built a solid wall, placed bomb combo on wall, set secret combo to tile #54, looks good in editor. But when I play the game there is a cave there without bombing.

DeFray
02-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Well, for lack of a better idea, cconn...

Did you start your file over after you made the adjustments? Secrets on an overworld dmap are permanent, so if you blew the cave open once, it will be open every time you go back. You'd have to start a new game to test the secret.

I know this seems obvious, but I can't think of anything else that might be wrong...