PDA

View Full Version : Fustration Built in.

DsS Game
02-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Man I just went through 8 hours of playing the Bots in Unreal Tournament.

I set there setting to INHUMAN (which is like second highest next to godlike), and I can say it wasn't great.

My team couldn't score in one level. Actually neither red or blue could score not one goal.

It finally took my backing up my teammate for her to aim at the goal and finally scoring. I actually have screen shots of the frags and my stats so u could imagine what was going on.

Anyhows has anything like this ever happen to someone where they find themself stuck on one level for a ridiculous amount of time?

Daywalker

g.iaroos
02-04-2005, 07:47 PM
yeah, when I'm trying to get super-rare items in FF4 :tongue:

punkonjunk1024
02-04-2005, 07:55 PM

I set there setting to INHUMAN (which is like second highest next to godlike), and I can say it wasn't great.

My team couldn't score in one level. Actually neither red or blue could score not one goal.

It finally took my backing up my teammate for her to aim at the goal and finally scoring. I actually have screen shots of the frags and my stats so u could imagine what was going on.

Anyhows has anything like this ever happen to someone where they find themself stuck on one level for a ridiculous amount of time?

Daywalker
Ka-spamity!
I don't see how thats really relavant to anything. ever. in the existance of man.
*skips off*

Foxx
02-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I picked up the Unreal Tournament demo not too long ago. Most people there can easily wax the bots, and the bots are a lot better than I am. :spin: Still, I can be okay as a role player at times (I fulfilled the last objective in an Assault game last night)

(By the way, I've beaten DOOM II on Ultra-Violence so I'm no fish at this genre)

Daarkseid
02-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Ka-spamity!
I don't see how thats really relavant to anything. ever. in the existance of man.
*skips off*

You're rent a modding, stop it.

And not only that, you're doing a poor job of it. This topic is well within the boundaries of what passes for legitimate discussion.

This is a warning.

Zero Wing
02-07-2005, 02:09 PM
yeah, Wolfenstein 3D, the levels where there's either a buttload of secret passages, or, the levels have the "vines" in them...

gah

Ganonator
02-07-2005, 03:11 PM
. . .
DaywalkerI played a lot of bombing run in UT2004, and the snow level is horrible. One day, I turned it on at like 8 in the morning, didn't play, and just let it run. I came back to check on it througout the day, and about 10 hours later, my team had won 3-0. I couldn't imagine it on GodLike.

Good game though :)

The Ion Extreme
02-07-2005, 03:18 PM
I got really frustrated at the end level of Gradius III (PS2/Arcade version).
It was nice that they put something of a challenge to the end, but that's not what I had in mind.

ZTC
02-07-2005, 04:17 PM
the final boss of Doom II (and the Final Doom wads)
man, I can breeze through the levels of II on Ultra Violence, but the final level...
horrendus

DsS Game
02-07-2005, 05:08 PM
I played a lot of bombing run in UT2004, and the snow level is horrible. One day, I turned it on at like 8 in the morning, didn't play, and just let it run. I came back to check on it througout the day, and about 10 hours later, my team had won 3-0. I couldn't imagine it on GodLike.

Good game though :)

Haha that was what I was actually playing =X

Some pics I took while I was playing it. Since I am am lazy, I didn't feel like changing my characters name. My character's name is Blackjack.

Daywalker

http://img221.exs.cx/img221/5913/untitled29hp.th.jpg (http://img221.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img221&image=untitled29hp.jpg)

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/4073/untitled34wo.th.jpg (http://img179.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img179&image=untitled34wo.jpg)

Foxx
02-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Hmmm, seems like I've improved faster than I realized.

I tried playing with all-bot teammates and opponents in an Assault game. The first time, our team won, but only narrowly. Our team has dominated all the subsequent games. A similar pattern played out when I tried CTF. When I tried Onslaught, however, my team got waxed. I'm pretty sure the reason for this has to do with the vehicles, seeing as it takes great skill to pilot one and the bots control the vehicles much better than inexperienced humans. That dimension makes Onslaught a much harder game type to master than Assault or CTF.

the final boss of Doom II (and the Final Doom wads)
man, I can breeze through the levels of II on Ultra Violence, but the final level...
horrendus
All it takes is good reflexes (and aim) ..... :spin:

AtmaWeapon
02-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Go play Rocket Arena for Quake III. I promise the bots in UT will pale.

Additionally frustrating was trying to play Star Ocean: Til the End of Time without shooting myself to end the pain. So far I haven't made it past about 4 hours of play time without the urge getting to me.

DsS Game
02-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Hmmm, seems like I've improved faster than I realized.

I tried playing with all-bot teammates and opponents in an Assault game. The first time, our team won, but only narrowly. Our team has dominated all the subsequent games. A similar pattern played out when I tried CTF. When I tried Onslaught, however, my team got waxed. I'm pretty sure the reason for this has to do with the vehicles, seeing as it takes great skill to pilot one and the bots control the vehicles much better than inexperienced humans. That dimension makes Onslaught a much harder game type to master than Assault or CTF.

All it takes is good reflexes (and aim) ..... :spin:

Best thing to do if its a tank or something, let the bot drive. Since the bots have good aim and can drive the same, its only natural to let them drive. Plus you can zoom in and you the machine gun on the tank. ;)

It doesn't take much skill to use the vehicles. Just learn to AIM and you are pretty much set. I love using the vehicles. It shows how much I love racing games.

Daywalker

lord of the pit
02-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Yep its hapen to me on ff8 I got lost on the huge island and could not find my air ship for a long time so I quit. Geting stuck in a game happons to all gammers. Hell I was over at aces house and he was playing Time spliters and he thought he got stuck in the wall. But the problum was the controller mesed up.

DsS Game
02-14-2005, 08:15 AM
it almost happen to me again. I just notice that it only happens in Bombing Run.

Zero Wing
02-14-2005, 12:56 PM
playing side-scrolling/top-down shooting games, but I can't stop playing 'em
oh no! my ship blew up again!