PDA

View Full Version : PSP details I found...

Blonde799
02-04-2005, 12:53 AM
From the-magicbox.com:

Sony Computer Entertainment America announced the US launch details of PlayStation Portable, the PSP Value Pack will launch on March 24, for US $249.99, which comes with the PSP, 32MB Memory Stick Duo, Headphone with Remote Control, Battery Pack, AC Adapter, Soft Case, Cleaning Cloth and an UMD Demo Disc. The first one million units of PSP Value Pack will also come a special UMD version of the movie Spider-Man 2. Sony expects to ship one million units of PSP by the end of March 2005.

PSP software will be around US $39.99.

- Here is a list of PSP launch titles in North America.

Ape Escape: On the Loose (SCEA)
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails (SCEA)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Capcom)
Dynasty Warriors (Koei)
FIFA 2005 (Electronic Arts)
Gretzky NHL (SCEA)
Lumines (Ubisoft)
Metal Gear Acid (Konami)
MLB (SCEA)
MVP Baseball (Electronic Arts)
NBA (SCEA)
NBA Street Showdown (Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed Underground Rivals (Electronic Arts)
NFL Street 2 Unleashed (Electronic Arts)
Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory (Konami)
Ridge Racers (Namco)
Smartbomb (Eidos Interactive)
Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Electronic Arts)
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix (Activision)
Twisted Metal: Head On (SCEA)
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade (Sony Online Entertainment)
Wipeout Pure (SCEA)
World Tour Soccer (SCEA)

Hey, that sounds alright for $250(although a bit expensive IMO).:)

Orion
02-04-2005, 02:34 AM
Yea, I saw that on IGN today. I was a bit suprised. For what there is, the price is pretty good, but it is still way more than I would spend on a handheld. Guess I won't be getting a PSP afterall.

MottZilla
02-04-2005, 03:08 AM
Buy some good games for your consoles you already have instead. Much better than buying some next generation system just to have it, unless it has something you really wanna play.

Maleficent
02-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Actually if you hold off that is the combo pack thingy, and you are paying for the extra stuff. After they sell the first million they will drop down to just the psp and a 32mb card and drop the price $50 to $199.99 US. Not bad for everything it can do, it does play MP3's games movies and tons of other options... even though it is higher than the $149. target they wanted to release at when it was anounced.

Blonde799
02-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Oh, I thought the value pack was the only thing Sony was selling. Can you give me a link?

Kamaria
02-04-2005, 09:01 AM
No way am I paying that much. I need a job... :(

I'll hold out until the price drops off a bit.

DsS Game
02-04-2005, 11:54 AM
i think the jap version of it is out cause I saw my friend playing it last week. It looks really weird to me but yet so power and smooth.

Daywalker

vegeta1215
02-04-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm not really interested in buying a new handheld system yet, but that's a lot of launch titles - do you think they'll all make it out to market by launch? Also, $40 is too much for me to pay for a handheld game. I'd rather buy a console game for that much.

g.iaroos
02-04-2005, 07:49 PM
The last handheld I had was the original gameboy ... I'd rather to listen to my MP3 than paying 250 $ for a new handheld console thx ;)

Thunderbird
02-05-2005, 05:32 PM
i think the jap version of it is out cause I saw my friend playing it last week. It looks really weird to me but yet so power and smooth.

Daywalker

The Japanese PSP has been out for at least a month or two.

I can't say I'm really interested in the PSP. None of the games interest me, and $250 is way too much for a handheld system.

Brasel
02-06-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm just pissed off that Metal Gear Acid takes place 2 years after Sons of Liberty, and I really don't want to shell out cash for a handheld I'll never use just to play the next Metal Gear game.

phattonez
02-08-2005, 10:46 PM
I didn't know it needed a memory card. If you get enough games that need memory cards, the price is actually less than it seems. They should have stuck with cartridges for handhelds, they are a lot easier to deal with, and they don't require memory cards.

Thunderbird
02-09-2005, 12:18 AM
I didn't know it needed a memory card. If you get enough games that need memory cards, the price is actually less than it seems. They should have stuck with cartridges for handhelds, they are a lot easier to deal with, and they don't require memory cards.

I think the PSP is the first handheld to use something OTHER than carts. And I don't really see that as a good thing.

DsS Game
02-09-2005, 11:33 AM
it isnt because I can see someone losing the memory card easily.

Daywalker

Orion
02-09-2005, 01:39 PM
it isnt because I can see someone losing the memory card easily.

Daywalker

I've never heard of anyone losing their memory stick for a camera, so why would they lose them for the PSP? I don't mind the idea of having discs for a handheld (in fact I've been hearing Nintendo is considering them for the successor to the Game Boy), because they allow for a cheaper, much larger medium. The only problem is that they suck up battery power if you have to stream data from them too often. Games have to be written so that they don't load from the disc constantly.

I really think that the PSP is quite the cool gadget. Just a little too expensive for me right now. But I have to disagree with people who think that the PSP is gunna fall flat on its face.