PDA

View Full Version : "Diponomically"

Ganonator
02-03-2005, 10:18 PM
What is up with Pizza Hut saying they can make up a new word? It's not even a cool word like 'Venuristics'. It's a bad word that means 'Dippable'. The -onomically adds a flair of scientific presence to a word, like gastronomically, socioeconomically, argonomically, etc.

I'm just dissapointed. How the heck does that happen?

"Venuristics" was the word I made up to explain all of the Health attributes in my game. I ditched it for Page 1, Page 2, etc

ShadowTiger
02-03-2005, 11:08 PM
If it works for them, it works for me.

... Gee ... How Seinfeldian. ;)

:thumbsup:

KingOfHeart
02-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Making up words is fine if people don't mind hearing it. I never heard this word yet but that's probably because I don't eat any pizza. That's one weird word though.

Daarkseid
02-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Pizza Hut can make up all the words it wants, it still doesn't change the fact their pizza tastes like shit.

Kamaria
02-04-2005, 08:57 AM
It's just marketing. They think their advertisements will sound more intelligent.

As for Pizza Hut itself, the only thing I eat from there is Stuffed Crust Pizza with extra cheese on it. Everything else just doesn't appeal to me as much.

ZTC
02-04-2005, 01:21 PM
I likes teh Pizza Hut, es goot!
und ze Deep Dish 'Zas, das izt goot!

gah, enough of that, but making up words for that, it's just stoopid and they're acting like chuckleheads

Lutraphobiac
02-04-2005, 01:43 PM
We live in an age of making up words. Heck they don't even have to be words anymore.(sk8er, 1337) It pisses me off to no end, but what can I do. :(

firebug
02-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Pizza Hut can make up all the words it wants, it still doesn't change the fact their pizza tastes like shit.

amen. i gave up on Pizza Hut after receiving literally RAW pizzas the last 4 times i ordered from them. i now order from a local italian joint called ghambardella's. they make some rockin pizza! :thumbsup:

anyways, back to the word... diponomically. i dont watch television, so ive never heard of this till now.. but if it sells them more pizzas, go pizza hut! it doesnt roll off the tongue very well though.....

automatic
02-07-2005, 03:16 AM
Pizza Hut can make up all the words it wants, it still doesn't change the fact their pizza tastes like shit. Seconded.

Also, for the best Pizza Hit commercial that never made it onto the air, check here:

Warning: Potentially not safe for work, or easily upset parents...
http://home.comcast.net/~j_younger/Ween_Cheese.mp3 (http://home.comcast.net/%7Ej_younger/Ween_Cheese.mp3)

Yes, it is real. Ween was asked to do an ad for Pizza Hut's "Insider" pizza. The first half of the mp3 is one of the takes that Ween sent in to the marketing people at Pizza Hut. The marketing people didn't like it, they kept asking Ween to do it over again, and again, and again. Finally, the guys in Ween got pissed and sent them the take that's on the second half of the mp3. Naturally, Pizza Hit stopped bothering them about making a commercial.

(Um, if someone wants to mirror this file, I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure how badly posting this is going to rape my Comcast account... or if there's even any reason to worry. I'm not too sure how much traffic the AGN forums are going to bring to my account...)

Zero Wing
02-07-2005, 01:47 PM
stupid this is
like it I don't

Ich
02-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Automatic: It's also on ween.com so you don't really need to do that.

Dr. Weird
02-07-2005, 05:03 PM
it's just plain stupidity

automatic
02-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Automatic: It's also on ween.com so you don't really need to do that.
Yeah, that's where I got it originally, but I can't find the page now. I think they took it down. Otherwise, I'd just have provided a link.