PDA

View Full Version : Question About Link Animation Issue...

Valexious
02-02-2005, 03:25 PM
I am currently using 2.10 with BSZelda graphics pack on the quest editor. I tested my quest out, but every time I walk up I see Link's front, and he is walking like he is walking down, but he is going up, and when you walk to the side, he flips front, back and to the side. I turned BS Zelda Animation on and off, but this didn't help. Also, when I read my first guys message, it displays a triforce piece in the upper left corener of the screen at the end of the very first half of the message... What am I doing wrong?

DeFray
02-02-2005, 04:01 PM
I can't say for sure, but my guess is that you downloaded the graphics pack and then didn't make some necessary adjustments. My guess is that your Link tiles aren't quite set up properly. You might try reorganizing them or looking for a way to set them differently.

The triforce piece you see is probably the Message>>More icon. Try this:
Go to Quest >> Graphics >> Sprites >> Weapons/Misc >> Misc:More. This is the way to set what is displayed whenever the game prompts the user to push a button for the next message string. I'll bet the triforce piece is the chosen picture. And the reason it always displays in the upper left hand corner?
Go to Quest >> Strings and adjust the Msg...More X, Msg...More Y. These select where the chosen icon will display on the screen.
Moving on, though...
If I am right about what your problem is, your item sprites and such will likely be screwed up, too.
I'm afraid there's no easy way to fix this :( you're just going to have to go through and reselect the sprites for various things. :shrug:

My suggestion? If you have a way to access the quest your graphics pack came from, open that quest, save it as something different, and then work off of that. It will probably have all these things set properly for you already. That would save you a LOT of work. ;)