PDA

View Full Version : Link's Birthday Deluxe

DeityLink
02-02-2005, 03:53 AM
I seemed to have run into major trouble with Link's Birthday Deluxe. I'm inside the 2nd(?) temple where the hookshot is. I died and had to continue, only now I respawn in a hole off of the main area and I can't get out. I've tried dying again and selecting all three options but it doesn't help. I don't suppose anyone else's had this problem?

ShadowTiger
02-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Which version of ZC are you using? You should probably use 184. .. Or 183. I don't remember. XD We should ask him.

I'll try to post as many solutions to problems in LBDX as possible.

First of all:

Q: I died/continued and now I'm stuck in a wall! Lemme out!

A: I hope you're using 1.92 beta 183 to play LBDX. If you're using any version higher... I can't help you. You have to start a new game in 183.

Q: I'm in level 5+ and I still haven't found a better sword.

A: Do the words "Floating Islands" ring any bells? All new swords can be found there.

Q: In level 3 I can't find the candle or bracelet or reach any treasure chests that may contain keys.

A: Have you checked out floor B-1? There is a room with 2 crystals, one of them isn't shining light. That's the one you should smash your boomerang at.

Q: I'm still stuck in level 3!! Where's the boss key?

A: Well well. I am surprised! Do you remember you walked through a wall in level 1?
In the room after the one with the glass floors which keep disappearing is another walkthrough wall, just look how the floor borders move.

Q: Level 4, can't get past the mushrooms.

A: Zap em with the wand's magic.

Q: Level 5: I keep falling in the pits!

A: Use the Lens of Thruth to see where possible floors may be.
Don't hold the button too long because that thing drains magic like crazy.

Q: Alrighty, I'm in this room with red Wizzard guys, 2 eye statues and a bunch of yellow blocks that come from the floor.
How do I keep those blocks from rising??

A: Stay out of the eye's sight. Just like in level 1.

Q: Level 6: What is that green orb thingy?

A: It's uh... I'll spare you the Zelda Classic editor's talk, so I call this the Toxic Orb. It protects you from the gassy spaces in level 6.

Q: I want a new tunic!

A: The blue one can be found in level 5, and the red one is in level 8.

Q: Yeah, but... Where??

A: North-western tip of level 5 for the blue one.
And the red one requires a good couple of eyes to find the cracked wall at the northern part of B1.
Better get a potion with you too.

Q: HOW do I defeat the last boss?

A: Shoot it in the eye with a Silver Arrow when it's open.

Q: LBDX sucked.

A: That's no question! Now leave!

I think that's all.

DarkFlameWolf
02-02-2005, 10:57 PM
can't find level 3. lol

ShadowTiger
02-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh, .. L3, right. Of course. It's in the extreme NW of the map. From your house, head west, go north when you're a bit east of the L1 area, then go west. You should have the hookshot, so use it. There may be some hookshot trees you can't quite see.

DarkFlameWolf
02-03-2005, 03:08 AM
oh, he did hide them from his original LB version. Interesting. :)

Thain
02-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Can't find the key in lvl 5. Been everywhere, got the lens of truth and blue tunic. Can't proceed for the hammer without a key.

Hints?

DarkFlameWolf
02-23-2005, 12:17 PM
This has got to be made by Prince. Because this quest is that awesome. It surpasses Revenge 2 so bad it isn't even funny. LBDX can whip Revenge's ass anyday. You are now my new hero Mr. Z! Prince, if you're listening, play this quest to get ideas on how to make yours better!

Thain
02-25-2005, 08:13 AM
-bumb-

I am really stuck here.. any hints on the key in lvl 5?

Happo
05-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Hello. I'm having trouble getting the blue tunic in Lvl 5. I have gone to the northwestern tip and defeated all the armor knights. I've pushed every block and bombed every wall but I still can't find the blue tunic. Is there a certain item in the remaining levels that I need or do I have the wrong room?

Grandeur
05-24-2005, 02:01 AM
Okay, maybe this is the wrong thread, but I'll give it a shot. First off, mr. z, the game is incredible and your puzzles are indeed very perplexing. Yet there is one puzzle I cannot solve for the life of me!!!!!

In Level 3, the Black Cellar, I received a Red Magic Crystal, and the moblin tells me that I use the magic crystal to open the white doors! Where the hell do i use the crystal at! I've searched the dungeon top to bottom a dozen times over. If you tell me, or if any one could give a hint, I'd be very appreciative.

Grandeur
05-24-2005, 02:01 AM
Okay, maybe this is the wrong thread, but I'll give it a shot. First off, mr. z, the game is incredible and your puzzles are indeed very perplexing. Yet there is one puzzle I cannot solve for the life of me!!!!!

In Level 3, the Black Cellar, I received a Red Magic Crystal, and the moblin tells me that I use the magic crystal to open the white doors! Where the hell do i use the crystal at! I've searched the dungeon top to bottom a dozen times over. If you tell me, or if any one could give a hint, I'd be very appreciative.

Love For Fire
05-24-2005, 06:50 AM
Looks like you are talking about the older LB. When you collect that crystal, the white door one room north of the dungeon entrance should open automatically i think. Or trying using it on that screen (if it's even usable i dont remember)

Love For Fire
05-24-2005, 06:50 AM
Looks like you are talking about the older LB. When you collect that crystal, the white door one room north of the dungeon entrance should open automatically i think. Or trying using it on that screen (if it's even usable i dont remember)

Grandeur
05-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Currently, even though I have the original Link's B-Day, I am assuming you people might know the answer to the question, seeing as how the dungeons are virtually alike. In Level 4, the Forest Temple, I am totally stuck. I just got the Wand, but I don't know what the hell to do with it!! Also, the clue about the blue torches doesn't make sense. What the hell am I supposed to do with the blue torch in the room with all the bunnies and satans?!

Sorry if I seem a little pushy. I'm just really on edge. If you could tell me, I would greatly appreciate it so I can continue playing this awesome quest! THANKS

Love For Fire
05-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Strike the blue lanterns with your wand. Not the magic... the actual wand.

Grandeur
05-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Where's the lens of truth in Lvl 5? I've searched most of the right half of the dungeon and got the map/compass and raft. After the room with all of the blinking tiles, there's an identical room without the tiles! What do I do? Where's the next key?

Grandeur
05-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah um, disregard the previous post. However, I come with yet another problem. Its seems I come to a point of return in EVERY dungeon, which is good. it's challenging. ANyways, I am stuck in Dungeon 6, the Jungle Fort. I have all three items in the dungeon, (flippers, boots, magic cross) and now I am faced with one locked door just before the boss. I have scanned over the entire dungeon, killed every thing, and tested many areas, but I am still without one final key! THere is a room with 6 torch sconzes, and when I look through the Lens of Truth, two of them disappear! is that a glitch, or is this where I get the last key. And if so, how do I get it?

Thanks for any help

cpoet
06-06-2005, 12:15 PM
How does one find the "Floating Island"?

cpoet
06-10-2005, 01:15 PM
How does one find the "Floating Island"?

Found, how stupid an old man can get, oh well! Where are those evasive super bombs? Anyone willing to spill the beans?

Cpoet

mudshark897
07-13-2005, 02:42 AM
In the original Link's Birthday, in level 4 the forest level how on earth do i beat the monster in the room with the flute. I have tried every weapon and i cant get a single hit on him.

thanks for any help.

elise
07-13-2005, 06:16 AM
Which big boss is there http://web.archive.org/web/20040406082604/zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/enemies/index.shtml
here you can see how they are called and killed

Kingboo30
07-14-2005, 11:06 AM
How do you get to the boss room in level 4? I got everything even the magic boomerang. I'm getting ideas for my quest.

WSIT: Nevermind. I did it before but forgot to kill the Keese...

Kingboo30
07-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Sorry for the double posting but it has been 10 hours....Well I got the magaical sword but..........I need another key to enter the 6th dungeon! I saw another 1 but it looked unreachable. It was near level 2 and it looks like I can get through below Boss Castle.
Anyways when Is it recommended to fight a 2 headed fire gleeok? Is there another way for this key? This is a bug fixed verison.
EDIT: Once again I found my way out of this. Now what does the Magic Cross do? OR how do you use it? by the Lens?
EDIT2: Oh I see. Well I need the blue shield and it isn't in the northwestern part as said. Other than that I wasn't sure that alot of things were possible in this quest.