PDA

View Full Version : I am angry with this warp sytem!

The (s)
02-02-2005, 01:44 AM
why the heck that when i set the warp to go to a screen, it doesnt exactly go there? the quest Evil castle haves a different warp system then the 2.10 version. IM making a hell version for evil castle for version 2.10 and im not goin any where with it cuz of the f***ed up warp system lol. when you play evil castle, when you get to the screen that haves the ladder that takes you to the under ground level, that screen haves a side warp that just changes the color and the name of the rest of the screens bellow, 2.10 version takes you to a screen next to the screen you supose to arive into of the under ground level, i did use a differen screen number for the warp and got it to go where i want it but, when you try to move on to the next screen, you cant go any further cuz of a glitch i found that makes the quest thinks you are on screen 70. is there any way to fix that other then removing all those screens to a different map and set all the layers again and monsters just to fix one thing? Another quest im working that was in version 1.92 183 editor that i transfered to the new 2.10 editor version is hell too with the warps lol

Freedom
02-02-2005, 02:44 AM
I can't find anything wrong with the warp system in 2.10 and I've use the slider on most of the maps in my quest.
Do you understand how the slider works?
Do you know what the slider is?

In the dmap there is a slider right under the where you fill the map in.
When you set the dmap to cave or dungeon type it breakes the map in two.
That means you have a map on the left with screens 00 through 77 and a map on the right with screens 00 through 77.
A map on the left has to stay within those 8x8 screens, and the map on the right has to stay within those 8x8 screens.
If you move the slider only part way then you have to calculate what the screen number will be, like moving it two slots will change screen 73 to screen 71 and so on.
You can ONLY have 8 screens wide regardless unless you add another dmap to sidewarp with, so if you make your dungeon 10 screens wide, even moving the slider isn't going to allow you into two of the rooms.

DeFray
02-02-2005, 11:34 AM
My guess is that Freedom's right. He tends to be right a lot. I have a separate suggestion, though. This may not be useful, but try setting yourself up with all the cheat codes to allow Link to walk through walls. If he still can't reach the next room, you know that ZQuest doesn't recognize another room on the other side. If Link can walk through the wall and reach the next room then you know you just have a door problem.
Good luck.