PDA

View Full Version : Weird Pet "Tricks"?

Monica
02-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Do any of you have pets that do strange things all by themselves?

My rott weiller Buck can talk but he sounds like a cat! He says "Milk" in plain English, but his L sounds like a rolled R so it sounds like "Meeeeeorrrrrk!" and I am dead serious, I heard it yesterday and mom says he does it everyday and he has since he started getting milk at lunchtime.

And he's done this 2 days a few times in a row, he got up on the table and Dad teases him and stuff so dad says "Are you king of the house, Buck?" and Buck nods his head and gives this gentle "Roof" bark and whenever you ask him if he answers it's always that same exact bark O_o

What about y'all? :)

moocow
02-01-2005, 09:02 PM
My dog lays on the floor and stares at you. Sometimes she might pick up her tennis ball and throw it at you, or smack you with her paw when she has to potty... but she's really old so she does a whole lotta layin around.

Mander
02-01-2005, 09:14 PM
My cat has mind control. He looks at you and suddenly you find yourself either feeding him, patting him or letting him out. He also controls the dog. The dog can be sitting on my lap and the cat will just look at her and she hops down. Then the cat smirks and walks away. My cat is evil.

Shadow Strider
02-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I have a Scottish Terrier that jumps up and eerily manages to lock the deadbolt on the front door on many occasions. Whereas most dogs would simply jump up and paw at the door when their owners left, bawling in as if they couldn't stand for their master to be away, mine apparently wants us gone so bad he has somehow learned to turn the lock while standing on his hind feet. Even caught him on videotape a few times.

More like a sick prank than a trick really...

DsS Game
02-02-2005, 01:19 AM
I don't have any pets but I saw on the Steve Harvey show, some pirate looking dude with 3 of his parrots doing weird tricks like twirling the bird around like a roller coaster. I thought those tricks were cool and it's amazing that the animals have so much trust in letting there owner do that.

Daywalker

Glitch
02-02-2005, 01:26 AM
My dog lays on the floor and stares at you. Sometimes she might pick up her tennis ball and throw it at you, or smack you with her paw when she has to potty... but she's really old so she does a whole lotta layin around.

Don't forget that she licks her cunt in the middle of the living room in front of everyone....

moocow
02-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I'm always telling her to take it to another room...

Rainman
02-02-2005, 11:59 AM
My cats have never done very weird things other then catch a wide range of animals. I've seen them catch birds, mice, bats, and rabbits.

ShadowTiger
02-02-2005, 12:41 PM
I've only had fish. They were immortal though, for the most part. :shrug: They never died for long periods of time, contrary to the "popular" goldfish. We took extraordinarily good care of them, and they lasted several times the normal household goldfish life expectancy. Very nice.

However, the only non-natural-cause death any of the fish we've had had experienced, was on one occasion, where one was grossly overfed, and literally exploded. (Not in a fiery hail of debris, but in a ... less .. fiery .. hail of debris. :sweat: )

The other occasion was when one of our fish had simply jumped out of the tank, and had landed on my father's supper plate. He landed on a piece of cooked salmon, ironically enough. He flopped once, .. twice, .. and died.

My father did not eat the piece of salmon.

ZTC
02-02-2005, 02:05 PM
cats + catnip = utter insanity

one of the dogs we used to have could have a dog treat on her nose, and when told, she flipped it up and caught it in her mouth

*sighs*

moocow
02-02-2005, 04:11 PM
I know a guy who's dog can add and subtract. They were on Ripley's Believe it or not,.

ZTC
02-02-2005, 04:14 PM
I've seen that, I've also heard that crows can talk

Archibaldo
02-02-2005, 05:56 PM
My cat has a strange obsession with water. Like when I'm filling up the sink to do the dishes, she hops up and tries to catch the water. Then when it all goes down the drain, she hops in to the sink and tries to figure out where it went.

Goat
02-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Pet tricks? Is that liek giving a dog $20 for a blow job?

raptorscyther
02-02-2005, 09:15 PM
My Chuhuahua cross Mini Fox Terrier, cuddles you automatically when you pick her up. She also lures my other dog (Maltese) away from her bone sites and takes the bones for herself. *Caught her Red Handed* ^^

Our Maltese dog is insane, when excited she will run laps around the yard ----The Exact Same Route---- over and over.

And the cat (Persian) also Cuddles you automatically, but it hurts since he has claws. He also jumps in the window and sneaks along walls in the hope to get in, and stay in the house.

Maleficent
02-03-2005, 02:08 PM
my moms cat can turn the kitchen sink on and off.... im not shittin you!! its one of those single handle things that you push up to turn on and down to turn off. When he gets thirsty he jumps up and uses his head to push it up and then licks the water. Most of the time he leaves the water running and just jumps down, but we have saw him walk around the faucet and kind of rub his belly on it turning it back off.

VT_Hokie_Fan
02-03-2005, 07:37 PM
My dog can clear a 3'5" fence in a single bound, without even hitting the fence...
And she's scared of my sister's kitten.

Artex
02-03-2005, 10:31 PM
I had a dog that would piss, or crap on command. I also had another dog that bit my sister...that might not seem like a trick, but man that dog was fucking awesome for it.