PDA

View Full Version : Link To The Darkness 2

timewarp44
01-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Okay, I know this is going to probably be something simple. But it's just eluding me...lol.

I'm at Level 4. I can't seem to figure out what triggers the crystal (that switches the blocks up and down) to get to a much needed key.

Also... and this may be why I don't have the item needed to trigger the crystal... I can't figure out how to trigger the silver blocks/squares that are scattered about in variuos areas.

So help with either or... as in ... if one will help me figure out the other just give me the one...lol

Oh... and theres a screen in the OW that had a warp, a octogon (arrow triggered) and a heart piece in front of a cave. The screen is directly above L2 entrance. I hammered the log to get the heart pc. Then I got my bow and did the octogon tile. I assumed this then opened up the cave to walk down. Verses to get the hrt pc since I had already gotten that. Only, it's not letting me walk down? Did polygon just put two triggers for the same thing? Or am I experiencing a glitch? I'm playing on 1.9 Should I have download in a different version?

Thanks for any help I can get. I am LOVING these games by the way. The first was so much fun. I had gotten my ego all pumped up cause I didn't have to ask ANY questions for a change! lol Well, other than asking a friend the best way to battle a deathknight! Those things are tough!

Anyway, giving a big thumbs up :thumbsup: to this game because it flows so well. It's hard enough but without being so much so... that I get tired (or rather frustrated) playing it.

PolygonX8
02-04-2005, 08:18 PM
You bomb the crystals to activate them. :)

As for the bug, you seemed to have a typo in your post. You should be using 1.90 for this quest due to it's old age.

timewarp44
02-06-2005, 12:14 PM
A bomb... go figure...lol. I am soooo bad. I have GOT to get use to these custom quests! lol As in... let go of everything I 'think' I know...lololol Thanks for coming on and letting me know. :o) Because I would have never tried a bomb. Not even for funzies...lol

As for the bug, you seemed to have a typo in your post. You should be using 1.90 for this quest due to it's old age.That is what I'm using...lol. And I did write 1.9 in the post? So either this was a hint that there was no bug...lol. Or a misunderstanding? ;)

If you come back on to read my thank you here. Maybe you'll give me a yea or nea on whether that cave was anything else but for the heart pc? I was only worried about it because I had already used the hammer to get to the HrtPc. And then playing with my arrow I found that the octogon thing opened it up as well. So, when I couldn't go down it like a dungeon... I got concerned I was missing something. :o) If not?... great!

Anyway, regardless... thank you for your time to set me straight on this EASY thing that I had just been programmed not to consider...lol. Have a good one!

p.s. Just in case, while your here reading and before I get too much further into your games. ---- I'm liking them so much I want to work my way through all of them. So maybe a heads up from you on whether it's okay that you'll be having more questions for a while? As in... do you care to bother with a player for a while?
If not... though of course it's understood and respected... it will let me know to move onto to another set of games. AS you have seen... I miss small crap. lol I'm one of those players that can usually figure out some of the hard stuff.. but miss the obvious...lol. Anyway, point is... I always need a bit of help so I get concerned about which games have an active member/builder that will or even cares to... answer questions. :o) Since I have this chance to actually ask you....lol. I figured I better. ;) Again though, if you're not into them or this site anymore... no sweat. All I'm asking for is a heads up on your druthers... lol.

PolygonX8
02-11-2005, 08:35 AM
No prob. I'm always helping others with my quests, and trust me, I'm used to it by now and have no problem with it at all. :)

Now the HCP... is it at the very top of the OW on the mountain? If so, yeah, that caves purpose is just a hidden HCP and a different exit. Nothing more there.