PDA

View Full Version : 210 music question

RPGAngel
01-30-2005, 06:18 PM
I am having some trouble with the music in the new ZC version(which looks great so far, thanks DN!) and am hopeing someone can help me. I don't have any BG music. The Sound Effects are fine though, and the sound on the first screen you see on opening ZC(the one with the flames) is also fine. Just no midis playing, no background music at all. Also no music in Zquest either. I hope someone can help me.

g.iaroos
01-31-2005, 09:58 AM
First of all, check in Windows if your Midi sound is at max. Second, I know 2.10 have some midi problems but I never heard of someone having NO SOUND at all, but it might be a problem.

ZTC
01-31-2005, 01:43 PM
first, what OS are you using?
second, try to use the "General MIDI" instrumentation, instead of one of the alternate chipsets

Kairyu
01-31-2005, 02:08 PM
5: Are you using the Windows ZC or the DOS ZC?

6: Have you ever used a previous ZC release, and if so, did that have music?

ShadowTiger
01-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Have you played any music before entering ZC / ZQuest? Try restarting your PC, and going straight into Zelda.exe.

RPGAngel
01-31-2005, 06:21 PM
For the OS it's Win 98 2nd edition. Yes I hace used previous releases of ZC, and I did have a sound problem with...I think it was 163, not sure though...but it was fixed. That was back when you had the sepatate program to set the sound/music with. I did try resetting and opening ZC first, same problem. I also tried both choices in the midi playback area of the multimedia settings box, same thing. I guess it could be worse though, last time I had a sound problem, it was with bout midis and sound effects. At least this time it's just one part(the midis). Thanks for trying to help me.

Edit: I forgot to say which ZC I'm using-it's the Windows one.

Edit 2: The Cyborg, how do I do the second thng you suggested?

ZTC
02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Go to "Start", then Control Panel...
then click "Multimedia"
go to the MIDI tab and you can play around with the instrument settings to see what you can get, though, the basic set would be General Midi for FM synthesis (or something like that)

RPGAngel
02-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Okay, thanks. I went and tried that and got the same thing for both settings, Oh well. I wish I could figure this out so I could enjoy the new zc more completly. I appreciate every one trying to help me.

Edit: I just went and tried the Dos version to see if maybe it might work. It didn't(same problem). This time, after starting out okay, the music on the fire screen at the start started buzzing, then the sound effects would also go. So with Dos both midis and sound effects are messed up, Windows, just the midis. I also tried changeing stuff in the multimedia box with Dos, same thing. I just can't figgure this out. I've tried everything I can think of. I think I forgot to add that the sound issue is also in Zquest(both versions). I just don't know what else to do, eccept stick with the 163/183, but I'll miss getting to enjoy the new stuff and play the new quests. :unhappy: