PDA

View Full Version : no laws of logic room

merder
01-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I want to build a room where the is no law of logic(hope got the right one).
i want it to go like this:when you leave the room on the left you can enter the room in every side but the right. If you leave a room on the right you can enter from every side but the left. etc. etc.
Is this posible if so how do i build it. If not it is a suggestion for a room flag(for combination with the maze path option). As i want to use it for a puzzle ;).

Kairyu
01-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Um... Scrolling side warps? I'm not entirely sure what sort of effect you want to make. Could you try explaining it again?

merder
01-29-2005, 06:11 AM
the effect i'm trying to create is if someone leaves the room they enter the room in a random direction but not the you would see the main char normally enter the room.
does this explain it better?and i dont think sidewarps will work couse it only allows one target screen and think need more for the full effect.

Kairyu
01-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Ah, so you want a room to take you to a random screen? Hmm... you could try setting a combo at the edge of the screen where Link has to walk to. Make the combo change between blank, pit warp, and side warp. Is that what you wanted to do?

merder
01-29-2005, 12:45 PM
no not realy but that i wanted later in my qeust (for swapping dimensions)i'l make a quick ansi map to make it clear.
|BBBBB#BBBBB|
|B####### B|
|B####### B|
|########>|
|B####### B|
|B####### B|
|BBBBB#BBBBB|

Legend:
B = wall
# = walkable floor
> = the example direction where link leaves the room

|BBBBBVBBBBB|
|B####### B|
|B####### B|
|########<|
|B####### B|
|B####### B|
|BBBBBABBBBB|

Legend:
B = wall
# = walkable floor
A,<,V = the directions link will enter the next room randomly.(the same room becouse of a mazepath)

does this make it more clearly?

questerd00dman^
01-29-2005, 01:28 PM
heres what you do: make a side warp that leads to a room that looks the same exept link/character will be on a warp tile that warps him right in front of the side warp. If you get what im talkin about then you should be able to get it to work.
make sure you have the tile warp set to insta-warp though.:mega:

-Xero

merder
01-30-2005, 03:48 AM
thanks i'l try that.
now can build one though it looks like now it is limmitid to 2 sides(side and tilewarp)(good to practice the effect with.but the effect wil be full for a sidescrolling qeust(since there i can use tile warps for the second side))