PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon dillema

truebeliever
01-28-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm having a serious problem with my dmap for a nonlevel dungeon. I have it set to dmap 11. For some reason when I enter my dungeon, I can't walk to the screens to the right of my entrance. I've read a number of tutorials, but none of them are helping me. Someone tell me what I could have done wrong.

Kairyu
01-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Hmm... Well, what is the room number of the entrance? The game doesn't allow you to walk off or past the edges of a DMap.

Freedom
01-28-2005, 12:41 PM
In the dmap where the small map shows is a slider, it allows you to adjust to make screens to the right of the first 8 to be used.

IF you put two 8x8 maps on one full sized 16x8 map you can adjust the slider over so both of those maps will then have screen numbers starting with 00 and ending with 77 for warp coordinance purposes

truebeliever
01-28-2005, 04:06 PM
I have no idea what scree number it is. All I know is that when I enter the dungeon i can't walk right, and when i get the map nothing shows up.

Freedom
01-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Go into ZQuest and to the dmap that leads to that "nonlevel" dungeon and center that "Nonlevel" dungeon in the map by using the slider, THEN you must re-address the warp to it from the overworld because changing the slider will offset the map screen number cooordinates.

truebeliever
01-29-2005, 06:18 PM
I moved the slider so that the map is centered, but It still hasn't fixed anything. I've moved the slider so that it's in every possible position. Same result every time. In the map on the top left I can see that I'm as far over as I can go, but I can't seem to change that no matter what I do.

Freedom
01-29-2005, 07:04 PM
You must be moving the slider in the wrong dmap then.

truebeliever
01-31-2005, 02:31 PM
I know it's the right dmap, because i can see the shape of my dungeon while I move it. It just seems that moving it has no bearing on the dungeon at all. It works for all other dungeons, but not that one.

Freedom
01-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Don't know what to tell you, if you're using the new 2.10 like I am now, you'll probably be pulling your hair out before long, like I am.
Things work, then they don't, then they do again...
This quest is within a couple days of being finished, and when it is, I won't be making another for a long long time because I'm tired of going over and over and over things again and again to get them to work.

All I can tell you is check the usual things, like making sure the dmap has a level number etc, and if it still doen't work then trash it and build another.

DeFray
01-31-2005, 03:33 PM
It works for all other dungeons, but not that one? :odd: Wow, maybe you should just delete the dmap and try again with a new one.

Is it possible that more than one of your dmaps has the same map picture and you're not working with the right one? Check to make sure that the dmap you're sending Link to with the tile warp is the same as the one you're working on.

Perhaps you had already adjusted the slider before you started working on your dungeon, and it just doesn't move any further to the right. Maybe you've really reached the right-hand limit. But in that case, I don't think it would even be possible to edit those rooms on the right... :(

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you're trying to do it with an overworld dmap. 2.10 removed the slider from overworld dmaps, so make sure that you're working with a dungeon dmap. If that was the problem, though, you wouldn't be able to move the slider at all.

Sorry that I can't give you any better advice than that. If all your other dmaps work, though, then your best bet is probably to delete that dmap and try again.