PDA

View Full Version : Ds Problums

lord of the pit
01-28-2005, 10:21 AM
1 of many problums is that my screan had dust behind it so I took it back and got one with a loose screan and I took it back. so now I got a newer one and it is ok for now.

MottZilla
01-28-2005, 04:18 PM
They make so many units they cannot check them all or be sure that every single LCD doesn't get any dust particles in them and such. You did what you were supposed to do, return it for a new unit.

Reznik Akime
01-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Ehehe.. I still gotta set up the thing for my brothers. Got a pixel that stays red on the top screen. Mine was just fine. <<;

Pablo
01-28-2005, 08:08 PM
I love how people bitch about Sony's quality control problems like they're the only ones who make the occasional shoddy system. This thread is a prime example of how, despite the fact that most systems go off without a hitch, any company can fuck up.

Kairyu
01-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I think the difference is in how complaints are handled.

vegeta1215
01-28-2005, 11:39 PM
I love how people bitch about Sony's quality control problems like they're the only ones who make the occasional shoddy system. This thread is a prime example of how, despite the fact that most systems go off without a hitch, any company can fuck up.

Like Mottzilla said, when manufacturing mass amounts of electronic devices it's likely that dust gets into some of them.

That is different from a design defect though, like the one that many Japanese players have reported about the PSP regarding the square button on the system - apparantly its not as responsive as the other buttons due to it's placement on the circuit board (it's very close to the screen) http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html

I'm not ragging on Sony, I just read that article and thought it was interesting because such a problem is one that would bother me.

MottZilla
01-29-2005, 02:10 AM
Pablo, this is totally different like vegeta said. There is a constant factor in all manufacturing known as a defect factor of sorts. Certain units may have an issue that happened during processing. LCD screens have ALWAYS been subject to dead pixels/dust. It's not nintendo's fault.

Sony tends to have problems with early units because of BAD DESIGN. Not just some bad luck in manufacturing. Completely different.

vegeta1215
01-29-2005, 02:40 AM
Sony tends to have problems with early units because of BAD DESIGN. Not just some bad luck in manufacturing. Completely different.

The funny thing about the article I linked is that Sony comments on the button 'feature' by basically saying, "Thats how we designed it, so players will have to adapt."

MottZilla
01-30-2005, 01:22 AM
In otherwords, we don't care, just buy our products so we get your money, bitches. =) No thanks Nintendo DS is more than enough portable console gaming for me.

DsS Game
01-30-2005, 06:33 AM
man screw sony. They stole my idea of having a playstation portable and this was way back when the PS2 just came out.

Daywalker

Daarkseid
01-30-2005, 09:58 AM
man screw sony. They stole my idea of having a playstation portable and this was way back when the PS2 just came out.

Daywalker

You must be joking.

SONY had been experimenting with portable versions of their Playstation's hardware and decided the idea wasn't feasible at the time. Instead what they did was released a miniaturized playstation chipset in their PSOnes, which have some semblance of portability, especially with their optional LCD Screens.

Clearly, the idea of making a portable has been SONY's long before the actual design of the PSP was even decided upon, and certainly before the PS2 was released.

mikeron
01-30-2005, 12:18 PM
They stole my idea of having a playstation portableYes, Sony "stole" your completely unembodied "idea" regarding their technology. I guess if Jay Leno grew a beard, he'd be stealing my idea for him to grow a beard. Damn him.