PDA

View Full Version : Any Halo fans here?

FierceDeityLink
01-27-2005, 05:23 AM
I was just wondering if anyone at these forums were either die-hard Halo fans or just interested in it. Me? Well lets just say if Halo 2 doesn't come out on the PC I will brutaly stab myself in the chest with a blunted rusty meat cleaver :tongue: .

Lutraphobiac
01-27-2005, 08:01 AM
I think it is a pretty good FPS, but it is one of the best in terms of games to play at parties. I didn't really go to too many parties in high school, but for some reason every one of them I went to had a Halo tournament. This usually happened spontaneously.

I don't have Halo 2, but I have watched other people play it. It looks like it is better than the first by far.

Maleficent
01-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Halo is such a masterpiece, its hard describe to someone who has not played. Most call it a FPS, i call it a Survival game. Halo2 is simply amaizing on X-Live.

jesusfreak
01-30-2005, 11:16 PM
I love playing Halo on my PC and i wouldnt Mind playing it on Xbox Live, Also you would'nt believe how sweet halo runs on a 2.5Ghz Dual Proccesor G5, wiht a 128 MB graphics card

VT_Hokie_Fan
01-30-2005, 11:59 PM
I don't care for Halo.

Ortadragoon
02-01-2005, 06:53 PM
The Halo series is the best FPS games, ever. Well, to me they are, at least.

It gives me the adrenaline rush that other FPS games, even the mighty Goldeneye, cannot. I own Halo and Halo 2 for Xbox (no LIVE, though...), and I play them all the time.

The only complaints I have about Halo is that the series is rather unoriginal. It's gameplay mechanics, story, and even the character steriotypes have been done before.

But, what makes Halo and Halo 2 the best FPS games ever, is how it merges the run and gun action from Goldeneye, the survival tactics of Half-Life, and the multiplayer of Tribes all in one slick package.

Only Goldeneye and Half-Life can goe toe to toe with Halo and Halo 2, in terms of quality, IMO.

AeroCrasher
02-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes I sure am a Halo fan, but I never played the game what a shame huh?

SSJ3500
02-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm a big fan of the Halo games, as a matter of fact, I'm playing it now. It's a great game though, not many things I don't like about it, glitches are great, game types are great, the ability to customize it and how much is awesome.

Ortadragoon
02-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Yes I sure am a Halo fan, but I never played the game what a shame huh?

You should pick it up. The PC/Mac version is better than the Xbox version, most of the time, that is. The PC/Mac version has better graphics, graphics options, and a better multiplayer mode (Flamethrower anyone?). The Xbox version does have its perks, though. It has Co-Op mode, which is INSANELY awesome to play. The PC/Mac version does not have this feature, which is one reason I didn't spend the money to update my desktop for Halo PC. Overall, I'd go with the Xbox version, but the PC/Mac version is just as good.

Halo 2 is only for Xbox at the moment, so if you don't have an Xbox, pick one up. Great system, only 149.99.

TedHead
02-10-2005, 11:44 PM
The only thing that makes XBOX worth owning! Besides the Unreal Games of course ;)

But really, I think Halo only dominates as a shooter for console. PC shooters have always dominated, UT2004 is my fav.

Steezy20
03-01-2005, 12:58 PM
The original Halo was amazing (but far better on the X-Box than the PC), However, Halo 2 is tiresome, repetitive and in some places really confusing!

Darth Marsden
03-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Not a big fan of Halo, but I do love driving the Warthog on the PC version. Wee!

AlexMax
03-01-2005, 07:00 PM
The original Halo was amazing (but far better on the X-Box than the PC), However, Halo 2 is tiresome, repetitive and in some places really confusing!

Wait, what?

chinostc
03-01-2005, 08:03 PM
The only thing that makes XBOX worth owning! Besides the Unreal Games of course ;)

But really, I think Halo only dominates as a shooter for console. PC shooters have always dominated, UT2004 is my fav.

UT2004 is my favorite FPS game on the pc. Online matches like Onslaught utilize vehicles and team play mixed with outright carnage to produce extremely fun and engaging gaming. Plus the epansion games from the Make Something Unreal contest like Red Orchestra also have their own game servers. It's a game that keeps on giving. Highly recommended and reasonably priced. :)

DragonGT12345
03-01-2005, 08:04 PM
to add to what AlexMaX said, how is it tiresome and repetitive? If you get live and a few friends to go online, there are millions of things you can do. Even with just matchmaking, you can still play againest people from around the world have fun playing the different map types. Exploring the different maps, to creating new game types... It is hard for me to imagine how its tiresome. Anyway, I own both Halo and Halo 2 and it is one of my most played games. Always playing it a friends house, or againest them at 3am on live. It is hard to get enough of a good game like Halo 2

ShadowTiger
03-01-2005, 11:17 PM
I just got into this whole "vehicles" thing. First it was HALO 1 for the PC, then it was Ratchet and Clank 3, ... so funky. I like being on foot so much more.

HALO was okay. The theme music creeped me out significantly. It just didn't seem natural for a game like that. ... ... Thank god I have the midi of it. XD

Grasshopper
03-02-2005, 01:22 AM
I'm not a big fan of Halo, but Halo 2 on Live is just awesome.

Rocketball is A+ :) Too bad you can't pull a bombing run tactic on the other players, and actually toss them the skull. "HEY, catch....BOOM!!" Such a cheap tactic
:evil:

Reznik Akime
03-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Although I do like Halo 2, I dont feel it should have aquired Game of the Year. San Andreas should have gotten that. The single player is kinda lack-luster. The only place Halo 2 really shines is Multiplayer, and not everyone can have that luxury.